Please stop trying tell black people about MLK

img_1965.jpg

MLK was a Reparations pusher, whodathunk? I guess he forgot about the 40 acres and a mule thing that enabled former slaves to own and work their own land. 30 years after the Civil War ended Southern Blacks owned millions of acres. So what check is MLK talking about?
40 acres and a mule never materialized
I never got every gift I wanted for Christmas either.
You were never a slave either

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

"We're Coming To Get Our Check"

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

He was a registered republican.. you have RDS

Dear IM2 Maybe that's the difference.
If Republicans like Gladys House in Freedmen's Town work for reparations,
it's to invest in democratic self-government for liberation.

If Democrats seek reparations it's for more dependence on govt instead of liberation.
And that gets abused to troll for Race-Baiting instead of seeking unifying solutions.

If both MLK and Gladys House represent the same side of self-govt and independent development,
that's where I believe restitution for past abuses should be invested as well. I'm all for it.

I'm trying to take the best of both approaches, in order to correct the worse flaws on both sides.
The INCLUSION of cultural diversity and minority voices that the Democrats preach.
And the Enforcement of Constitutional rule of law that conservative Republicans proclaim.
Neither party does the best job, but we should still hold them to their own principles anyway.

Emily,

When you learn that white conservatives are not for self government but for government only for themselves you will have come a long way to understanding why many of us oppose republicans.

Dear IM2
Everyone I know wants to defend their beliefs and interests first.
Not just white not just blacks, not just liberals not just conservatives.

The difference is how much we are able to work with other groups,
including opposing parties, to find ways to include and represent
ALL people of ALL beliefs equally, even if that means organizing
separate programs to preserve the integrity of each sector.

And the factor that most closely CORRELATES with
the DEGREE of effectiveness and success in working with others
is FORGIVENESS and INCLUSION.

So IM2 it's not a matter of label.
people of any label or group can be selfish and defend
only THEIR beliefs or interests in ONE AREA,
while in another AREA they can work and resolve conflicts
without pushing their own agenda to dominate.

It depends on the ISSUE, which
people groups might succeed or fail.

If you or Asclepias or others have FAILED relations
with these White Conservatives or Republicans,
that can explain your BIAS against working with
or trusting them until those past grievances
have been resolved, forgiven and healed.

Victims of abuses cannot be expected to jump up
and immediate want to work with the people responsible
for the abuse or damages they suffered through.

so this CREATES A BIAS.

That BIAS of fear or unforgiveness of other people or groups
is what causes them to defend THEIR beliefs or interests
over the group they cannot trust.

So this applies to you equally to conservatives
if you fail to forgive past failures and wrongs
and cannot work together to correct them.

It's a mutual problems and mutual responsibility
to right the wrongs and heal those injuries.

Until then, both sides can end up projecting fear based
BIASES against the other group.

That's where the DEFENSIVENESS comes in to focus
all attention on defending one's OWN interests against
perceived attacks or threats by other groups.

Believe me, it's mutual not onesided.

And likewise the SOLUTIONS come from both sides
coming together to solve the problems instead of
blaming the selfish greed on just the other group.

When both sides blame only the other, they are both wrong.

When both sides include the good points and solutions the other side contributes, they can find they are both EQUALLY RIGHT.

MLK was a Reparations pusher, whodathunk? I guess he forgot about the 40 acres and a mule thing that enabled former slaves to own and work their own land. 30 years after the Civil War ended Southern Blacks owned millions of acres. So what check is MLK talking about?
40 acres and a mule never materialized
I never got every gift I wanted for Christmas either.
You were never a slave either
Obviously.

Not a single person in this forum has ever been a slave.

Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

He was a registered republican.. you have RDS

No he wasn't...his father was tho....when the Republicans actually stood for something decent.

All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats.. republicans have always been the party of civil rights.. you guys Justin spied on a President

So what exactly are you trying to say?

What is this about knowing what he was about? What about do you think he was, and how is it different than the about others allegedly think he was?

King was not colorblind. And King held whites accountable for their continuing racism until he was murdered. But to some whites here at USMB, if we hold whites accountable for continuing racism we are not adhering to Kings belief based on one sentence in a speech they use to try shutting us up because we call out their racism.

King was not a conservative republican and he certainly would not be a republican today. If King had adhered to the things the racists who are white in this forum claim, his children would support the republican party. We as blacks know this. There are whites here who if you have them tell it, he'd be a Trump supporting member of the Freedom Caucus.

I see what you're saying. You think that MLK was a racist. But you are wrong. King didn't hold whites responsible for racism, nor did he claim that whites as a whole were racist.

You have just made one of the most ignorant comments of all time.

“Whenever any black person utters words that make white people adjust their collars, white people unfailingly respond with a variation of the phrase “but not all white people.” If they are bold enough, they might even challenge you with the Super Saiyan Caucasian preamble of all preambles: “What would Martin Luther King say about ...”

I am 100 percent correct. King did hold whites responsible for racism. All whites. He held the whites who claimed non racism but did nothing just as accountable as the racists.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
And this is why I say:

So what exactly are you trying to say?

What is this about knowing what he was about? What about do you think he was, and how is it different than the about others allegedly think he was?

King was not colorblind. And King held whites accountable for their continuing racism until he was murdered. But to some whites here at USMB, if we hold whites accountable for continuing racism we are not adhering to Kings belief based on one sentence in a speech they use to try shutting us up because we call out their racism.

King was not a conservative republican and he certainly would not be a republican today. If King had adhered to the things the racists who are white in this forum claim, his children would support the republican party. We as blacks know this. There are whites here who if you have them tell it, he'd be a Trump supporting member of the Freedom Caucus.

I see what you're saying. You think that MLK was a racist. But you are wrong. King didn't hold whites responsible for racism, nor did he claim that whites as a whole were racist.

“Whenever any black person utters words that make white people adjust their collars, white people unfailingly respond with a variation of the phrase “but not all white people.” If they are bold enough, they might even challenge you with the Super Saiyan Caucasian preamble of all preambles: “What would Martin Luther King say about ...”

I am 100 percent correct. King did hold whites responsible for racism. All whites. He held the whites who claimed non racism but did nothing just as accountable as the racists.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

And this is why I say:

You should really stop trying to tell white people about white people.

Oh Goodie! Yet another Racist Race Baiting thread by a Racist Race Baiting Race Baiter!!!!!!!

Why does this asshole keep getting to post non content off topic posts Don't Taz Me Bro?

And this is why I say:

I'm not. But I am telling whites who are racists to stop being racist.

And this is why I say:

I'm not. But I am telling whites who are racists to stop being racist.

That racists? Whose racist? Stop telling white people about white people.

I agree 100% with Dr. King. If all that fuck-load of government pork was sent to advance white folks, why not give the same opportunities to black folks? Better yet, why the hell was government shelling out those welfare dollars to begin with? That's not the role of government.

It didn't sound to me like he was really demanding a check. He was demanding equality. Rightly so.

:dunno:

Forum List

Back