Please stop trying tell black people about MLK

What is this about knowing what he was about? What about do you think he was, and how is it different than the about others allegedly think he was?

King was not colorblind. And King held whites accountable for their continuing racism until he was murdered. But to some whites here at USMB, if we hold whites accountable for continuing racism we are not adhering to Kings belief based on one sentence in a speech they use to try shutting us up because we call out their racism.

King was not a conservative republican and he certainly would not be a republican today. If King had adhered to the things the racists who are white in this forum claim, his children would support the republican party. We as blacks know this. There are whites here who if you have them tell it, he'd be a Trump supporting member of the Freedom Caucus.

I see what you're saying. You think that MLK was a racist. But you are wrong. King didn't hold whites responsible for racism, nor did he claim that whites as a whole were racist.

You have just made one of the most ignorant comments of all time.

“Whenever any black person utters words that make white people adjust their collars, white people unfailingly respond with a variation of the phrase “but not all white people.” If they are bold enough, they might even challenge you with the Super Saiyan Caucasian preamble of all preambles: “What would Martin Luther King say about ...”

I am 100 percent correct. King did hold whites responsible for racism. All whites. He held the whites who claimed non racism but did nothing just as accountable as the racists.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
And this is why I say:

You should really stop trying to tell white people about white people.

I'm not. But I am telling whites who are racists to stop being racist.

I call shenanigans. You constantly accuse people who are not racist of being racists. You've worn it out bub. Your screams of WACISM just mean you have no convincing argument to support your POV.

I'm probably one of the few in this thread who is old enougj to have seen some of King's speeches. The man was all about dignity, non violence and responsibility.

To watch IM2 who purports to follow him, you might be tempted to think he was all about blacks being insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others.

King was not colorblind. And King held whites accountable for their continuing racism until he was murdered. But to some whites here at USMB, if we hold whites accountable for continuing racism we are not adhering to Kings belief based on one sentence in a speech they use to try shutting us up because we call out their racism.

King was not a conservative republican and he certainly would not be a republican today. If King had adhered to the things the racists who are white in this forum claim, his children would support the republican party. We as blacks know this. There are whites here who if you have them tell it, he'd be a Trump supporting member of the Freedom Caucus.

I see what you're saying. You think that MLK was a racist. But you are wrong. King didn't hold whites responsible for racism, nor did he claim that whites as a whole were racist.

“Whenever any black person utters words that make white people adjust their collars, white people unfailingly respond with a variation of the phrase “but not all white people.” If they are bold enough, they might even challenge you with the Super Saiyan Caucasian preamble of all preambles: “What would Martin Luther King say about ...”

I am 100 percent correct. King did hold whites responsible for racism. All whites. He held the whites who claimed non racism but did nothing just as accountable as the racists.

“First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

And this is why I say:

I call shenanigans. You constantly accuse people who are not racist of being racists. You've worn it out bub. Your screams of WACISM just mean you have no convincing argument to support your POV.

I call racists like you what you are.

And this is why I say:

It is a truth universally acknowledged by rational people of integrity and goodwill that the technique of constantly insulting people with false charges of RACISM is an admission on the part of the insulter of his own intellectual and moral bankruptcy.

21-Radical-Quotes-from-Martin-Luther-King-Jr.-to-Make-America-Great-Again-3.png
A great republican quote

“And be it further enacted, That to all white male citizens of the United States or persons who shall have made a declaration of intention to become such, above the age of twenty-one years, emigrating to and settling in said Territory between the first day of December, eighteen hundred and fifty, and the first day of December, eighteen hundred and fifty-three; and to all white male citizens, not hereinbefore provided for, becoming one and twenty years of age, in said Territory, and settling there between the times last aforesaid, who shall in other respects comply with the foregoing section and the provisions of this law, there shall be, and hereby is, granted the quantity of one quarter section, or one hundred and sixty acres of land, if a single man; or if married, or if he shall become married within one year after becoming twenty-one years of age as aforesaid, the quantity of one half section, or three hundred and twenty acres, one half to the husband and the other half to the wife in her own right, to be designated by the surveyor-general as aforesaid: Provided always, That no person shall ever receive a patent for more than one donation of land in said Territory in his or her own right: Provided, That no mineral lands shall be located or granted under the provisions of this act.”

The Donation Land Claim Act of 1850, Section 5

This act gave FREE land to whites to settle in what is now Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and parts of Wyoming and Montana. This land was given away from 1850 unil 1854. In 1854 the government decided to charge 1.25 per acre. The law expired in 1855.
I agree with you.

That was some serious bullshit, by the ENTIRE U.S., not just the Southern States.

If someone could find a way to fairly rectify that past injustice, I would support it. Maybe some of that federal land should be granted to black folks as restitution?

:dunno:

I'm probably one of the few in this thread who is old enougj to have seen some of King's speeches. The man was all about dignity, non violence and responsibility.

To watch IM2 who purports to follow him, you might be tempted to think he was all about blacks being insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others.

I was alive too and when he lived he was hated by whites. To hear doggiestyle tell it, King was widely accepted and loved by the white community. The only insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others are whites like him and the majority of the posters in this forum.

King was called everything whites call blacks who oppose white racism continuing today. I know because I heard the m-f's saying it. King was so much about dignity, non violence and responsibility whites like doggie style claim to champion that a white man ended his life using ultimate violence.

And now whites want to try telling us what King stood for.

Ain't that about a bitch.

How?

Even when I try to not be racist, you tell me I am being racist. What can I do to stop being racist?

Maybe you learn that when an actual black person tells you what the problem is in black communities you accept that as the problem.

Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

"We're Coming To Get Our Check"

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

He was a registered republican.. you have RDS

Dear IM2 Maybe that's the difference.
If Republicans like Gladys House in Freedmen's Town work for reparations,
it's to invest in democratic self-government for liberation.

If Democrats seek reparations it's for more dependence on govt instead of liberation.
And that gets abused to troll for Race-Baiting instead of seeking unifying solutions.

If both MLK and Gladys House represent the same side of self-govt and independent development,
that's where I believe restitution for past abuses should be invested as well. I'm all for it.

I'm trying to take the best of both approaches, in order to correct the worse flaws on both sides.
The INCLUSION of cultural diversity and minority voices that the Democrats preach.
And the Enforcement of Constitutional rule of law that conservative Republicans proclaim.
Neither party does the best job, but we should still hold them to their own principles anyway.

Emily,

When you learn that white conservatives are not for self government but for government only for themselves you will have come a long way to understanding why many of us oppose republicans.

government only for themselves
lots of democrats want that too....the farther right and left hate everyone that dont agree with them.....

And this is why I say:

It is a truth universally acknowledged by rational people of integrity and goodwill that the technique of constantly insulting people with false charges of RACISM is an admission on the part of the insulter of his own intellectual and moral bankruptcy.

If the charges were false you'd be right.

Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

Do you even remotely understand how RACIST your statement is? I dont care if you're racist, but that seems to be important to you

My statement was not racist.

it was about as racist as what i put up in a thread we were in were you called me a racist because of it.....

If Democrats seek reparations it's for more dependence on govt instead of liberation.
And that gets abused to troll for Race-Baiting instead of seeking unifying solutions.

If both MLK and Gladys House represent the same side of self-govt and independent development,
that's where I believe restitution for past abuses should be invested as well. I'm all for it.

I'm trying to take the best of both approaches, in order to correct the worse flaws on both sides.
The INCLUSION of cultural diversity and minority voices that the Democrats preach.
And the Enforcement of Constitutional rule of law that conservative Republicans proclaim.
Neither party does the best job, but we should still hold them to their own principles anyway.

Emily,

When you learn that white conservatives are not for self government but for government only for themselves you will have come a long way to understanding why many of us oppose republicans.

lots of democrats want that too....the farther right and left hate everyone that dont agree with them.....

I wouldn't say that. The policies of the democratic party does not reflect that.

I was alive too and when he lived he was hated by whites. To hear doggiestyle tell it, King was widely accepted and loved by the white community. The only insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others are whites like him and the majority of the posters in this forum.

King was called everything whites call blacks who oppose white racism continuing today. I know because I heard the m-f's saying it. King was so much about dignity, non violence and responsibility whites like doggie style claim to champion that a white man ended his life using ultimate violence.

So, tell me your whiness -- when is the last time you were refused service at the lunch counter or had to use a separate drinking fountain?

Emily,

I wouldn't say that. The policies of the democratic party does not reflect that.

Explain urban slave plantations

Do you even remotely understand how RACIST your statement is? I dont care if you're racist, but that seems to be important to you

My statement was not racist.

it was about as racist as what i put up in a thread we were in were you called me a racist because of it.....

Your comment was racist. Maxine Watters supported Obama.

The entire white race is not responsible for Dr. King's unfortunate death. Only one person is, and fuck that POS motherfucker.

The entire white race did not/does not hate Dr. King.

I was not alive when Dr. King was killed. I studied many of Dr. King's speeches in college. I came to respect him for his approach and philosophy.

He was a huge proponent of unity. Would you agree?

Forum List

Back