Please stop trying tell black people about MLK

Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

"We're Coming To Get Our Check"

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

He was a registered republican.. you have RDS

Dear IM2 Maybe that's the difference.
If Republicans like Gladys House in Freedmen's Town work for reparations,
it's to invest in democratic self-government for liberation.

If Democrats seek reparations it's for more dependence on govt instead of liberation.
And that gets abused to troll for Race-Baiting instead of seeking unifying solutions.

If both MLK and Gladys House represent the same side of self-govt and independent development,
that's where I believe restitution for past abuses should be invested as well. I'm all for it.

I'm trying to take the best of both approaches, in order to correct the worse flaws on both sides.
The INCLUSION of cultural diversity and minority voices that the Democrats preach.
And the Enforcement of Constitutional rule of law that conservative Republicans proclaim.
Neither party does the best job, but we should still hold them to their own principles anyway.

Emily,

When you learn that white conservatives are not for self government but for government only for themselves you will have come a long way to understanding why many of us oppose republicans.

government only for themselves
lots of democrats want that too....the farther right and left hate everyone that dont agree with them.....

I wouldn't say that. The policies of the democratic party does not reflect that.

of course you wouldnt....many lefties want their party to rule just like many righties want their party to rule.....

Maybe you learn that when an actual black person tells you what the problem is in black communities you accept that as the problem.
Okay.

1. What do you believe is the problem?
2. What evidence causes you to reach that conclusion?
3. Are there any other potential explanations?

Long after the only words the white racists think King ever spoke, he said these words:

We blacks know what King was about. And we will not whitewash it to serve your need to lie to yourselves.

Do you even remotely understand how RACIST your statement is? I dont care if you're racist, but that seems to be important to you

My statement was not racist.

it was about as racist as what i put up in a thread we were in were you called me a racist because of it.....

Your comment was racist. Maxine Watters supported Obama.

its was something she said about him not supporting the black community and she called him on that....since it wasnt my comment it was hers i guess she made the racist comment....but something tells me you never looked at the link.....so how would you know?....

You want Whitey to stop telling you about MLK?

Funny, I want those not of the Christian faith to stop telling me about the faith MLK lived his life for, a faith I follow

Martin-Luther-King-Jr1.jpg

And if you believe that MLK was not a real Christian, meaning he followed a Jew who was neither black or white, then MLK was living a lie.

Isn't that right?

He was a registered republican.. you have RDS

If Democrats seek reparations it's for more dependence on govt instead of liberation.
And that gets abused to troll for Race-Baiting instead of seeking unifying solutions.

If both MLK and Gladys House represent the same side of self-govt and independent development,
that's where I believe restitution for past abuses should be invested as well. I'm all for it.

I'm trying to take the best of both approaches, in order to correct the worse flaws on both sides.
The INCLUSION of cultural diversity and minority voices that the Democrats preach.
And the Enforcement of Constitutional rule of law that conservative Republicans proclaim.
Neither party does the best job, but we should still hold them to their own principles anyway.

Emily,

When you learn that white conservatives are not for self government but for government only for themselves you will have come a long way to understanding why many of us oppose republicans.
lots of democrats want that too....the farther right and left hate everyone that dont agree with them.....

I wouldn't say that. The policies of the democratic party does not reflect that.
of course you wouldnt....many lefties want their party to rule just like many righties want their party to rule.....
Another libertarian Lol

Somebody tell Dale that there was no such thing as an Obama phone?
He still claims to have one?

What "conservatives" call an Obama phone are phones provided as result of a Bush administration program.

This is actually only half true.

Who Started the Obama Phone?

It kinda depends on how you interpret the law as to what president it happened under. It could be said to have happened under Clinton, Reagan, Roosevelt or even Wilson.

MLK was a Reparations pusher, whodathunk? I guess he forgot about the 40 acres and a mule thing that enabled former slaves to own and work their own land. 30 years after the Civil War ended Southern Blacks owned millions of acres. So what check is MLK talking about?
The 1890 census was destroyed. Where are you getting that information?
The homestead acts.
Racism still kept many blacks from getting it but MANY did.
Southern blacks didn't own millions of anything. Both my parents were from the south.
Yea, idk about millions of acres, but many got land.
Google it, Black land ownership post Civil War was nearly 15 million acres by 1910.

i

Emily,

Another libertarian Lol
hope you dont mean me....libertarians are just another useless political group....

I'm probably one of the few in this thread who is old enougj to have seen some of King's speeches. The man was all about dignity, non violence and responsibility.

To watch IM2 who purports to follow him, you might be tempted to think he was all about blacks being insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others.

I was alive too and when he lived he was hated by whites. To hear doggiestyle tell it, King was widely accepted and loved by the white community. The only insufferable whiny cry babies who never took any personal responsibility and did nothing but point fingers at others are whites like him and the majority of the posters in this forum.

King was called everything whites call blacks who oppose white racism continuing today. I know because I heard the m-f's saying it. King was so much about dignity, non violence and responsibility whites like doggie style claim to champion that a white man ended his life using ultimate violence.

And now whites want to try telling us what King stood for.

Ain't that about a bitch.
So, tell me your whiness -- when is the last time you were refused service at the lunch counter or had to use a separate drinking fountain?

Racism doesn't operate that way anymore.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism pacticed today which is done in subtle and indirect ways. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot umderstand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of it’s “softer” appoach, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that parallel the effects of overt racism.

These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. This is how racism is played today. I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist. This is part of the history of race in America.

Whites like you refuse to admit to any racism but the most obvious. This is why you asked that stupid question. This is 2019. Historically when any progress was made, the racists adapt and create a new way to limit that progress. Or end it. It is no different now.

We blacks know what King was about.

What makes you think so? You mean more so that Whites? What, did he speak in Ebonics or something? Did I not get the secret decoder ring? If you know what KIng was all about, well, hell, at least that is one thing down, only 99,999 more to go.

Meantime, while Blacks protest injustice, EVERY GREAT MOVEMENT to spearhead the freedom and equity of Blacks has come from.......Whites. Ahem.

You never stop to realize much less admit that if the tables were turned and America were a Black nation with Whites as a minority, you Blacks would have done all the very same things you fault whites for, only worse.

Case in point: every time there has ever been a black in absolute power, like Edi Amin, what was the very first thing they did? Exercise absolute autocratic power over the minorities (in his case, British Indians).

And every time it came back to bite them on the ass.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States
You've worn out your race card. It's no good here.

I'm not. But I am telling whites who are racists to stop being racist.
How?

Even when I try to not be racist, you tell me I am being racist. What can I do to stop being racist?

Maybe you learn that when an actual black person tells you what the problem is in black communities you accept that as the problem.
Problem is most blacks ain't got the sense to pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel.

Racism doesn't operate that way anymore.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism pacticed today which is done in subtle and indirect ways. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot umderstand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of it’s “softer” appoach, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that parallel the effects of overt racism.

These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. This is how racism is played today. I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist. This is part of the history of race in America.

Whites like you refuse to admit to any racism but the most obvious. This is why you asked that stupid question. This is 2019. Historically when any progress was made, the racists adapt and create a new way to limit that progress. Or end it. It is no different now.
Is Aversive Racism intentional?

How does one stop being an aversive racist?

If I am honestly wanting "entitlement reform" because I am a proponent of limited government, does that automatically make me an aversive racist?

If I want to make sure that people vote, but only vote once, does that make me an aversive racist?

Isn't it possible to want the above entitlement/welfare reform and voter protection , and still not be an aversive racist?

I'm not. But I am telling whites who are racists to stop being racist.
How?

Even when I try to not be racist, you tell me I am being racist. What can I do to stop being racist?

Name the black country where you've even remotely solved your 3rd World problems.

Maybe, for once in your life, YOU should listen to the successful and quit blaming them for your problems

MLK was a Reparations pusher, whodathunk? I guess he forgot about the 40 acres and a mule thing that enabled former slaves to own and work their own land. 30 years after the Civil War ended Southern Blacks owned millions of acres. So what check is MLK talking about?
The homestead acts.
Southern blacks didn't own millions of anything. Both my parents were from the south.
Google it, Black land ownership post Civil War was nearly 15 million acres by 1910.

It's funny how some whites here take half a story then useit to argue against fact.

In the 45 years following the Civil War, freed
 slaves and their descendants accumulated roughly 15 million acres of land across the United States, most of it in the South. Land ownership meant stability and opportunity for black families, a shot at upward mobility and economic security for future generations. The hard-won property was generally used for farming, the primary occupation of most Southern blacks in the early 20th century. By 1920, there were 925,000 black-owned farms, representing about 14 percent of all farms in the United States.

Over the course of the 20th century, however, that number dropped precipitously. Millions of farmers of all races were pushed off their land in the early part of the century, including around 600,000 black farmers. By 1975, just 45,000 black-owned farms remained. “It was almost as if the earth was opening up and swallowing black farmers,” writes scholar Pete Daniel in his book Dispossession: Discrimination Against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights. Implicit in the decline of black farming was the loss of the land those farmers once tilled. Today, African Americans compose less than 2 percent of the nation’s farmers and 1 percent of its 
rural landowners.

Many factors contributed to the loss of black-owned land during the 20th century, including systemic discrimination in lending by the US Department of Agriculture, the industrialization that lured workers into factories, and the Great Migration. But the lesser-known issue of heirs’ property also played a role, allowing untold thousands of acres to be forcibly bought out from under black rural families—often second-, third-, or fourth-generation landowners whose ancestors were 
enslaved—by real-estate developers and speculators.

By one estimate, 81 percent of these early black landowners didn’t make wills, largely due to a lack of access to legal resources. Their descendants then inherited the land without a clear title, and it thereby became designated as heirs’ property. Although heirs’ property exists in many regions of the country, it’s most prevalent in low-income communities. In the South, according to one estimate, more than 50 percent of heirs’-property owners are African-American, many of them the descendants of slaves and sharecroppers.

Without a clear title, heirs’-property owners are limited in what they can do with their land. They can’t get mortgages or do extensive repairs on their homes; as a consequence, some live in trailers. They aren’t eligible to apply for state or federal housing aid (such as funds provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency) or for nearly any of the programs administered by the Department of Agriculture, including the crucial loans and conservation funding that keep many rural landowners afloat.

African Americans Have Lost Untold Acres of Land Over the Last Century

i
Emily,

Another libertarian Lol
hope you dont mean me....libertarians are just another useless political group....
Libertarians are mentally challenged

The homestead acts.

It's funny how some whites here take half a story then useit to argue against fact.

In the 45 years following the Civil War, freed
 slaves and their descendants accumulated roughly 15 million acres of land across the United States, most of it in the South. Land ownership meant stability and opportunity for black families, a shot at upward mobility and economic security for future generations. The hard-won property was generally used for farming, the primary occupation of most Southern blacks in the early 20th century. By 1920, there were 925,000 black-owned farms, representing about 14 percent of all farms in the United States.

Over the course of the 20th century, however, that number dropped precipitously. Millions of farmers of all races were pushed off their land in the early part of the century, including around 600,000 black farmers. By 1975, just 45,000 black-owned farms remained. “It was almost as if the earth was opening up and swallowing black farmers,” writes scholar Pete Daniel in his book Dispossession: Discrimination Against African American Farmers in the Age of Civil Rights. Implicit in the decline of black farming was the loss of the land those farmers once tilled. Today, African Americans compose less than 2 percent of the nation’s farmers and 1 percent of its 
rural landowners.

Many factors contributed to the loss of black-owned land during the 20th century, including systemic discrimination in lending by the US Department of Agriculture, the industrialization that lured workers into factories, and the Great Migration. But the lesser-known issue of heirs’ property also played a role, allowing untold thousands of acres to be forcibly bought out from under black rural families—often second-, third-, or fourth-generation landowners whose ancestors were 
enslaved—by real-estate developers and speculators.

By one estimate, 81 percent of these early black landowners didn’t make wills, largely due to a lack of access to legal resources. Their descendants then inherited the land without a clear title, and it thereby became designated as heirs’ property. Although heirs’ property exists in many regions of the country, it’s most prevalent in low-income communities. In the South, according to one estimate, more than 50 percent of heirs’-property owners are African-American, many of them the descendants of slaves and sharecroppers.

Without a clear title, heirs’-property owners are limited in what they can do with their land. They can’t get mortgages or do extensive repairs on their homes; as a consequence, some live in trailers. They aren’t eligible to apply for state or federal housing aid (such as funds provided by the Federal Emergency Management Agency) or for nearly any of the programs administered by the Department of Agriculture, including the crucial loans and conservation funding that keep many rural landowners afloat.

African Americans Have Lost Untold Acres of Land Over the Last Century
That is truly sad.

What do we do about it?

King was not colorblind. And King held whites accountable for their continuing racism until he was murdered. But to some whites here at USMB, if we hold whites accountable for continuing racism we are not adhering to Kings belief based on one sentence in a speech they use to try shutting us up because we call out their racism.
Okay. Fine.

How do we stop being racist?

Is Aversive Racism intentional?

Yes.

How does one stop being an aversive racist?

Aversive racism is racism. Why do white people ask us how to stop being racist?

As for the rest of your questions, "entitlements" were never a problem until "entitlements" were to be shared. Voter fraud does not exist and the largest recipients of welfare are corporations and the very wealthy. So if you reject welfare on that basis...

Forum List

Back