Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays

They are thinking 'trickle down'. They buttress the owner's opportunities and burn the ramparts of the workers.

Any real chance to make it a bit easier on the majority of the wager earning consumers, the Conservatives turn their noses up to. A minimum wage raise, pay equality, simple time and a half for holiday hours worked are all opposed by the Right Wing.

Because the rich are supposed to invest that wealth in either American jobs or Cayman Island banks. Which way did that work out? When the jobs came, they forgot to bring the wages. So wage stagnation is just fine with the Conservatives.

Trickle down?

No more like get over it and get a better job dumbass...

Like I said before put your money at risk and then let's see how much more you want to share...

Once again Conservatives define "Family Values" as working the holidays for lousy pay.

It seems the only "Families" Conservatives value are the families of the owners and the only thing they "Value" is more profit.

So hospitals, police, fire and rescue take the day off?

These stores are creating shopping opportunities durning family holidays. They are eroding family experiences simply to raise profits. When the stores were closed on holidays, no one seemed to mind. But holiday shopping on Thanksgiving Day is an invention of retailers, not consumers.

Employees are asking for fair pay in exchange of their family holiday.

Conservatives are opposing both fair pay and the idea of a family holiday experience. Gee. Who'd a thunk it? Conservatives positioning themselves in favor of the owners and opposed to the worker and then, screwing that worker out of family time.

What do these Conservatives value? Certainly not working to earn a living, Conservatives feel the only honorable way of making money is by making a killing in the market, certainly not working to earn it. And do Conservatives 'Value' families? Hell no! Unless you want a family that does not dovetail into the narrow, archaic template of 'Family' the myopic Conservatives approve.

I worked every holiday for over 10 years, no big deal. Holidays are overrated, never understood why anyone had to make a special day for a "family experience".

I made family days all year long, I never needed a special day, for a "family experience."

I did have Thursday off this year, we lounged around and then went to an early afternoon movie, got Chinese food and went home.

Next week we have relatives coming to visit, we'll have our "family experience" then.

No concept of what vital jobs... But all these areas goto skeleton staff during this period.

Once again Conservatives define "Family Values" as working the holidays for lousy pay.

It seems the only "Families" Conservatives value are the families of the owners and the only thing they "Value" is more profit.

These stores are creating shopping opportunities durning family holidays. They are eroding family experiences simply to raise profits. When the stores were closed on holidays, no one seemed to mind. But holiday shopping on Thanksgiving Day is an invention of retailers, not consumers.

Conservatives are opposing both fair pay and the idea of a family holiday experience. Gee. Who'd a thunk it? Conservatives positioning themselves in favor of the owners and opposed to the worker and then, screwing that worker out of family time.

What do these Conservatives value? Certainly not working to earn a living, Conservatives feel the only honorable way of making money is by making a killing in the market, certainly not working to earn it. And do Conservatives 'Value' families? Hell no! Unless you want a family that does not dovetail into the narrow, archaic template of 'Family' the myopic Conservatives approve.

I worked every holiday for over 10 years, no big deal. Holidays are overrated, never understood why anyone had to make a special day for a "family experience".

I made family days all year long, I never needed a special day, for a "family experience."

I did have Thursday off this year, we lounged around and then went to an early afternoon movie, got Chinese food and went home.

Next week we have relatives coming to visit, we'll have our "family experience" then.

No concept of what vital jobs... But all these areas goto skeleton staff during this period.

No concept of English.

Yep and according to the purposed law, they'd get triple time.

The holiday off is a farce and BS, I want a day off I take the day off I want, not one at the end of November when it is 20 degrees out and no place to go and nothing to do.

No concept of English.

The holiday off is a farce and BS, I want a day off I take the day off I want, not one at the end of November when it is 20 degrees out and no place to go and nothing to do.
Like have dinner with your family you mean? Yeah, who'd want to do that eh...

No concept of English.

Like have dinner with your family you mean? Yeah, who'd want to do that eh...

I already do this all year long and we have relatives coming next week. I don't need a mandated day off to do it. Strange concept to only have a family dinner once a year.

Strange concept to only have a family dinner once a year.
Not for people who don't like their families.

So Thanksgiving perpetuates the problem. Good to know. Another reason not to have the day off.
Thanksgiving is the reminder of why it's good you can pick your friends. I would think you would want people to have the day off, to thank the Creator?

if you are going to thank your Creator, would you not do it everyday? I don't need a special day, why would you?

So Thanksgiving perpetuates the problem. Good to know. Another reason not to have the day off.
Thanksgiving is the reminder of why it's good you can pick your friends. I would think you would want people to have the day off, to thank the Creator?

if you are going to thank your Creator, would you not do it everyday? I don't need a special day, why would you?
So why the National Holiday? And I thanked my creators long ago. I even knew them, called them mom and dad.

So why the National Holiday? And I thanked my creators long ago. I even knew them, called them mom and dad.
I think we are on the same page, why the national holiday?

Because the Christians love to use the government, to promote Christianity.

Are you sure? Because the first page of this thread talks about its secular roots and many atheists on this board object to working on Thanksgiving.

:dunno:

Are you sure? Because the first page of this thread talks about its secular roots and many atheists on this board object to working on Thanksgiving.

:dunno:
Yep, I'm sure. And why wouldn't they object, it's a national holiday, like Christmas when we worship Capitalism by buying lots of shit that usually nobody needs.

I think the extreme left has as much of a problem as the extreme right on this issue. Look how everyone is offended over working one day out of the year.

I think the extreme left has as much of a problem as the extreme right on this issue. Look how everyone is offended over working one day out of the year.
That's because it's a day when anyone who doesn't have to work shouldn't be.

I don't see why, to me it's like any other day. Thursday? Who takes off a Thursday. At least the Chinese restaurants are open and not crowded.c

That's because it's a day when anyone who doesn't have to work shouldn't be.

I don't see why, to me it's like any other day. Thursday? Who takes off a Thursday. At least the Chinese restaurants are open and not crowded.c
People take off the 4th of July, if it falls Monday through Friday that is.

I haven't had the fourth of in many years, nor do I care to. I can go into my office and work in peace, no calls, no employees to deal with. My employer is good with it and I take another day off later in the summer.

Forum List

Back