Jan. 6th, The Law, and Nancy Pelosi's Dereliction of Duty

I am not attempting to get you to accept anything, I am just here, showing how those who are democrats, are wrong and will instead of engaging an idea, will deflect and change course.

You've already proven you're wrong. YOU posted who can request DCNG assistance...

...when requested by the Capitol Police Board

...consistent with the authority of the Capitol Police

(ii) in an emergency—

(I) the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate in any matter relating to the Senate;

(II) the Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives in any matter relating to the House of Representatives; or

(III) the Chief of the Capitol Police

Savvy?

No mention of the Speaker of the House.

How do you know, you just argued precedents, "mean nothing". I quoted and linked to the Parlimentary rules that are follwed, from a .gov website showing that comment of yours was incorrect.

So how do you know, you have guessed with each cooment you make.

How do you know?
Precedent means nothing because the constitution gives Congress the means by which to change their rules.

If you think precedent is all important, then you must know that the precedent shows the Speaker cannot fire the Senate Seargent at Arms, the Architect or the Police Chief.

Precedent means nothing because the constitution gives Congress the means by which to change their rules.
Precedent means nothing.
Marener, you are wrong, Precedent means everything and is commitment the Speaker makes, as detailed in the Rules that Congress follows.

The overarching role of the Office of the Parliamentarian is to strive for consistency in parliamentary analysis by attempting to apply pertinent precedent to each procedural question. In resolving questions of order, the Speaker and other presiding officers of the House adhere to the jurisprudential principle of stare decisis – a commitment to stand by earlier decisions. This fidelity to precedent promotes analytic consistency and procedural predictability and thereby fosters legitimacy in parliamentary practice.

Marener, you are wrong, Precedent means everything and is commitment the Speaker makes, as detailed in the Rules that Congress follows.

The overarching role of the Office of the Parliamentarian is to strive for consistency in parliamentary analysis by attempting to apply pertinent precedent to each procedural question. In resolving questions of order, the Speaker and other presiding officers of the House adhere to the jurisprudential principle of stare decisis – a commitment to stand by earlier decisions. This fidelity to precedent promotes analytic consistency and procedural predictability and thereby fosters legitimacy in parliamentary practice.
Theres no precedent for the speaker being able to fire the Sargent At Arms for the Senate, the Capitol Architect and the Capitol Police Chief.

Thank you, we finally agree, Nancy Pelosi had the authority and oversight that I have shown.
The House votes on their rules, they are not determined by Pelosi. She has no input whatsoever on the Senate rules.

You claim Pelosi has far more power than she does.

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member.
One view of many on Pelosi...StarTrek...Harcourt Fenton Mudd....Stella Dear.. Nancy is a spoiled sociopathic and psychotic Prog woman who is of 2nd and 3rd world political type lineage that has run amok in a 1st world nation. A nagger who is dangerous with power that has many other naggers with the same power that eventually destroys or keeps nations trading water until the citizens wise up. And they do not once this oath is chosen. The worst part is the males who follow this. China is coming.

The House votes on their rules, they are not determined by Pelosi. She has no input whatsoever on the Senate rules.
You claim Pelosi has far more power than she does.
I am sorry I can not teach you how powerful the Speaker of the House is, when it comes to killing bills, stripping items out of bills, so that the Senate will conform to any demand that the Speaker wished to be enacted.

It is a bit of complicated to explain the power the Speaker has to remove people from prestigous committees, or to have them expelled, forced to resign.

Is this your way of saying to forget about what you said comes from the constitution? You actually can not quote and link? It is okay, I am fine with you ignoring what you just posted seeings how it was pure opinion.

I am sorry I can not teach you how powerful the Speaker of the House is, when it comes to killing bills, stripping items out of bills, so that the Senate will conform to any demand that the Speaker wished to be enacted.

It is a bit of complicated to explain the power the Speaker has to remove people from prestigous committees, or to have them expelled, forced to resign.

Is this your way of saying to forget about what you said comes from the constitution? You actually can not quote and link? It is okay, I am fine with you ignoring what you just posted seeings how it was pure opinion.
The rules of each chamber are not bills. They are rules set at the beginning of the term.

The Senate Seargent At Arms is not on a committee. Nor can the speaker affect any committee in the Senate.

The Speaker can affect the House Seargent at Arms. Not the Senate Seargent at Arms. Not the Capitol Architect. Not the capitol police chief.

I quoted the constitution and you completely misinterpreted it.

The links are all facts, how can they be wrong?

Who said they're wrong?

I said YOU'RE wrong and your own links confirm it. Again...

You've already proven you're wrong. YOU posted who can request DCNG assistance...

(ii) in an emergency—

(I) the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate in any matter relating to the Senate;

(II) the Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives in any matter relating to the House of Representatives; or

Savvy?

No mention of the Speaker of the House. The CPB can request DCNG assistance. Individual members of the CPB can request DCNG assistance. The Speaker of the House cannot.

I said YOU'RE wrong and your own links confirm it. Again...
(ii) in an emergency—

Savvy?
No mention of the Speaker of the House. The CPB can request DCNG assistance. Individual members of the CPB can request DCNG assistance. The Speaker of the House cannot.
hahahahahaha!
That is not even a nice try, the Speaker can directly request the National Guard, per precedent you keep ignoring. Unless you can provide a resolution that void the precedent, precedent stands. But let's look at the law you cherry picked. Consistent with authority granted in other sections? And upon providing a written request.

(4) Provision of assistance​

Assistance under this section shall be provided—
(A) consistent with the authority of the Capitol Police under sections 1961 and 1966 of this title;
(B) upon the written request of—
(i) the Capitol Police Board; or
(ii) in an emergency—
(III) the Chief of the Capitol Police, if the Chief of the Capitol Police has determined that the provision of assistance is necessary to prevent the significant disruption of governmental function and public order within the United States Capitol Buildings and Grounds, as described in section 1961 1 of this title; and

Capitol security is the responsibility of the CPB.
No, Capitol security is not the responsibility of the CPB, Capitol Police Board. The Capitol Police Board simply oversees, and supports!

§1901a. Capitol Police Board​

(a) Capitol Police Board; composition; redefining mission​

(1) Purpose​

The purpose of the Capitol Police Board is to oversee and support the Capitol Police in its mission and to advance coordination between the Capitol Police and the Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives and the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, in their law enforcement capacities, and the Congress. Consistent with this purpose, the Capitol Police Board shall establish general goals and objectives covering its major functions and operations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations.

If you think precedent is all important, then you must know that the precedent shows the Speaker cannot fire the Senate Seargent at Arms, the Architect or the Police Chief.

§28a. Compilation of the Precedents of House of Representatives; date of completion; biennial update; printing and availability of copies​

The Speaker is authorized and directed to complete the Compilation of the Precedents of the House of Representatives by January 1, 1977, and prepare an updated compilation of such precedents every two years thereafter. Copies of the Compilation of Precedents shall be printed in sufficient quantity to be available to every Member and the standing committees of the House of Representatives.

(Pub. L. 93–554, title I, ch. III, Dec. 27, 1974, 88 Stat. 1777.)

hahahahahaha!
That is not even a nice try, the Speaker can directly request the National Guard, per precedent you keep ignoring. Unless you can provide a resolution that void the precedent, precedent stands. But let's look at the law you cherry picked. Consistent with authority granted in other sections? And upon providing a written request.

(4) Provision of assistance​

(A) consistent with the authority of the Capitol Police under sections 1961 and 1966 of this title;
(ii) in an emergency—
(III) the Chief of the Capitol Police, if the Chief of the Capitol Police has determined that the provision of assistance is necessary to prevent the significant disruption of governmental function and public order within the United States Capitol Buildings and Grounds, as described in section 1961 1 of this title; and

I didn't cherry pick it -- you did. I'm just showing you nothing in there states the Speaker can request the DCNG. It literally says who can, and the Speaker is not included. And nothing you posted shows the Speaker can request the DCNG. Show when a Speaker has unilaterally called for the guard to be mobilized...

No, Capitol security is not the responsibility of the CPB, Capitol Police Board. The Capitol Police Board simply oversees, and supports!

§1901a. Capitol Police Board​

(a) Capitol Police Board; composition; redefining mission​

(1) Purpose​

The purpose of the Capitol Police Board is to oversee and support the Capitol Police in its mission and to advance coordination between the Capitol Police and the Sergeant at Arms of the House of Representatives and the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate, in their law enforcement capacities, and the Congress. Consistent with this purpose, the Capitol Police Board shall establish general goals and objectives covering its major functions and operations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its operations.

You're insane. In one post you show how the CPB can request DCNG assistance...

(4) Provision of assistance
(ii) in an emergency—

... in the very next post, you deny they're in charge of Capitol security. You're literally arguing with yourself now.

Forum List

Back