Ohio Dem seeks to legislate triple pay for retail workers on holidays

So I guess you don't know what a straw man is. I didn't put words in anyone's mouth.

You're trying too hard.

I'm just trying to think like a hardcore left wing partisan ideologue like you.

Yes, do tell us, what is a strawman? Is it maybe like well, why 3x, make them pay 10x? Yep.
Stupid is the only word for you.
If you agreed with me I'd be in a lot of trouble. Morons never do.
I don't agree with you because you're a moron.
You don't agree with me because you're a know-nothing idiot, but that's entirely understandable.
I know it's not your place to say what a business pays. I know you think the government should get involved to supplement your $2/hour skill level.
You know nothing, which is the problem.
I know your sorry type.

Yes, do tell us, what is a strawman? Is it maybe like well, why 3x, make them pay 10x? Yep.
If you agreed with me I'd be in a lot of trouble. Morons never do.
I don't agree with you because you're a moron.
You don't agree with me because you're a know-nothing idiot, but that's entirely understandable.
I know it's not your place to say what a business pays. I know you think the government should get involved to supplement your $2/hour skill level.
You know nothing, which is the problem.
I know your sorry type.
No Sweetcheeks, you have more clue about than anything else.

We regulate commerce, which is required for capitalism to work, and human actions, which is required for society to work. Time to grow up now.
I'm grown. I know that what a husiness pays on a holiday is not my business. You haven't learned that yet boy. Time for you to grow up.
No, you are nothing like a man, just a child pissed off because you can't do whatever you like whenever you like. What you "learned" is BS. Just dogma from an Ayn Rand novel.
A man doesn't have to have someone do something for him. You do and show it by supporting this.
Go back and cry to Ayn, that's as far as you can reason, obviously.
Only to a fuckhead like you.

Well that means PaintMyHouse is a winner...

As soon as the Hard Right revert to name calling you know you won... That is all you have got, name calling when you loose...

Conservative65 is a looser here...

Resorting to personal insults is the sign of a looser...

I'm grown. I know that what a husiness pays on a holiday is not my business. You haven't learned that yet boy. Time for you to grow up.
No, you are nothing like a man, just a child pissed off because you can't do whatever you like whenever you like. What you "learned" is BS. Just dogma from an Ayn Rand novel.
A man doesn't have to have someone do something for him. You do and show it by supporting this.

As soon as the Hard Right revert to name calling you know you won... That is all you have got, name calling when you loose...

Loser, but he's just whining like any other child who can't get his way.

I suspect that some fulltime workers at retailers, when the employee has a pay and benefits package including paid holidays,
already get double time and a half for working the holiday. One day's vacation pay plus a day and a half for working on a holiday.

The problem here then is the fact that so many employees in retail don't get a decent pay and benefits package.

Me either while many of those not paying any income taxes get gs
since it's not your business, mind your own. Those who suck are the ones like you who think what someone else does is your business.
What someone else does often is my business dummy. That's known as living in a Society.
Living in a society doesn't do that because you don't like what they do. The dummy is one who thinks it does.
Society gets to set the rules, even when you are doing no harm to others we can still limit what you can do. and we do.
That's because you can't mind your own business. The hypocrisy about what you say us when society does that where you don't think they should, you pussies whine like little babies.
We regulate commerce, which is required for capitalism to work, and human action, which is required for society to work. Time to grow up now.
Capitalism works whether or not you have a government legislation.

Not being able to spell what you're calling someone makes you a big dumbass. You did it twice stupid.

PaintMyHouse is a born loser. Hey, I can spell it, too.

Loser, but he's just whining like any other child who can't get his way.
Says the one that is whining thatbusinesses be forced to do it his way. You want your way on something that's not your business and can't stand it someone disagrees. That's the sign of a born loser. Perhaps you should let the dumbass that supports you he looks stupid doing something he says is wrong then misspelling the word. He's one of yours. Maybe that's why he supports this. He can't earn it so he wants it handed to him much like those who only have skills to work in retail.

Thanksgiving is perhaps the only major celebration holiday in the United States that possesses a decidedly American and secular purpose. Actually, scratch that. It's one of two, New Years being the second. Point is, I find it perfectly acceptable for a state government to mandate private businesses to pay a reasonable holiday pay for these limited examples.

except the examples are never limited, and the state will expand the extra pay to more and more situations, because of course, its not thier money.
This hasn't happened

because no state has been dumb enough for mandating triple pay during a normal workweek.
It's not normal...it's a holiday...
quit projecting your fantasies

anything under 40 hours is a normal work week. If your job calls for you to work on a holiday, you work on the holiday. I've done it, others have done it.
great! good for you!
I didnt actually think there was someone out there who doesnt like holiday pay because if you work and you work those days it should be expected like a normal day. People like you are shit.

When low-margin businesses have to keep their doors closed on holidays, giving up business to others, perhaps another law will be passed forcing them to be open.

That'll teach 'em!

quit being retarded mac. People purpose bills, and some are liked and others not. And you know state rights and all.

Thanksgiving is perhaps the only major celebration holiday in the United States that possesses a decidedly American and secular purpose. Actually, scratch that. It's one of two, New Years being the second. Point is, I find it perfectly acceptable for a state government to mandate private businesses to pay a reasonable holiday pay for these limited examples.

So...you want the Wal-Mart cashier to get triple pay...but not the ER nurse, the police officer, the EMT, the tow truck driver, or the restaurant cook? Gee, thanks.

Apparently you need to improve your reading skills. I said reasonable holiday pay. I did not say that reasonable was triple pay. Personally, I think the standard time-and-a-half is a perfectly reasonable holiday pay, and that triple pay would be excessive.

Then what are you doing in the "Triple pay for retail workers" thread?

Also, I never said anything about exempting nurses or anyone else. Are you trying to imply that nurses, truck drivers, or restaurant cooks are all government employees? There are a great many private businesses that employ nurses and other healthcare workers.

Are you baked?

As for government workers, they typically already get some form of holiday pay. If you work for the government generally you either have the holiday off with pay, or you get a subsequent day off with pay. That too, is reasonable IMO.
Seriously: are you stoned?!

Translation: You've made an ass out of yourself with a bunch of assumptions and hope to save face by acting like a juvenile.

I accept your concession, Junior. Now scram, boy, the ADULTS are talking here!

When low-margin businesses have to keep their doors closed on holidays, giving up business to others, perhaps another law will be passed forcing them to be open.

That'll teach 'em!

quit being retarded mac. People purpose bills, and some are liked and others not. And you know state rights and all.

Nice to see a lefty defend state's rights, albeit only when they like what the state is doing.

The state can do whatever it wants, it doesn't matter to me. If a business can't afford this new bill or that new law, too bad. Okay. They didn't build that anyway.

I just get a kick of out liberals chafing when it's suggested they may not be quite as pro-business as they claim.

The list of exceptions just keeps getting longer and longer.

Not being able to spell what you're calling someone makes you a big dumbass. You did it twice stupid.

PaintMyHouse is a born loser. Hey, I can spell it, too.
Born winner you mean. Being born smart and white helped, a lot.

That'll teach 'em!

Nice to see a lefty defend state's rights, albeit only when they like what the state is doing.

The state can do whatever it wants, it doesn't matter to me. If a business can't afford this new bill or that new law, too bad. Okay. They didn't build that anyway.

I just get a kick of out liberals chafing when it's suggested they may not be quite as pro-business as they claim.

people purpose all sorts of laws all the time. Some are really dumb, and others not.
Being for higher pay on holidays does not make on not pro-business. That is just lazy and stupid thinking.
Yeah you keep repeating that they didnt build that line as if you have a point.
I see today you went with stupid mac.

That'll teach 'em!

people purpose all sorts of laws all the time. Some are really dumb, and others not.
Being for higher pay on holidays does not make on not pro-business. That is just lazy and stupid thinking.

Yes, I know, anyone who dares to disagree with a partisan ideologue is stupid.

Okie dokie, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

That'll teach 'em!

You're attacking someone you perceive as partisan for not toeing the partisan line.

You are the worst phoney on this board.

Once again Conservatives define "Family Values" as working the holidays for lousy pay.

It seems the only "Families" Conservatives value are the families of the owners and the only thing they "Value" is more profit.
Those who object can find jobs where there is no work on Holidays....
So let's see.....Medical facility workers. Public safety. Media. Essential services such as utility companies....
So God damned stupid.
FAIR PAY!

You Conservtives with you 'Marie Anntoinette' attitudes just can't get it! If someone has to work a holiday, at least make it worth their effort!
Define "fair"......A number will suffice.
If you are thinking of a drawn out diatribe full of anecdotes about single moms, people who cannot afford internet or cell phones, struggle with the rent....Stow it.
Not interested. The problem with most low wage workers is they cannot properly manage their finances. In fact, if these people were for one year, given $1000 per week to do with as they wish, they would STILL end up broke and complaining about the same things.
Poverty is not a character flaw. It's a daily struggle.

Fair pay for holiday work? Time and a half.

That'll teach 'em!

Ah the Partisan stage in macs debating technique. Well this should be over soon. You are about out of responses and are about to start in your circular argument.

you are not going to win many voters over to your side by saying that f you work a holiday you should be paid at a normal rate.

That'll teach 'em!

Ah the Partisan stage in macs debating technique. Well this should be over soon. You are about out of responses and are about to start in your circular argument.

you are not going to win many voters over to your side by saying that f you work a holiday you should be paid at a normal rate.

True, if had said that.

What I actually did say is that the state should do what it wants.

And you were the one who pulled the grade school "stupid" routine, not me.

Oh yes, and "retarded".

Grow up a bit and get back to me.

Last edited:
Better solution:

Close everything on holidays.

Including radio and TV stations, cable providers, internet service. Shut 'em down. Tell the employees not to report for work and expect no pay for unworked hours.

True equality, that!
True fairness, too.

Forum List

Back