Obama really runs Sandra Fluke via Anita Dun

Jarhead, the official committee hearing on issues of reproductive access had a long list of people testifying - all men. Surely you understand the problem there? The Democrats, not being morons, figured out that they could host their own hearing and invite women, just as the Republicans only invited men. It was political genius.

The conservative media was under no mandate to cover the Democratic hearing. They covered it because they thought they had an angle to bash Democrats. They were quite spectacularly wrong, and Rush made it an error-squared by elevating the hearing to a national news story. It's not that the GOP hates women - it's that Rush and others took a series of steps that make many women think they are not supportive (or don't understand) women's issues. That's why R's are losing so badly on this issue and wishing it would go away while D's are happy to continue talking about.

Meanwhile, Obama's numbers among women are climbing and Rush had to run 77 PSA's on his flagship station yesterday.

Issa's committee hearing was to address the 1st Amendment ramifications of the 'contraception mandate' vis-a-vis churches and religious organizations. It had nothing to do with anything else. Fluke has no knowledge about religious organizations so she was rightfully excluded from that hearing.

Edited to add: If you're going to flap your gums about it, at least be accurate.

See that part about contraception? In this case, contraception for women? i don't usually give free advice to paying clients, but if you're going to have a top-level discussion about women's contraception, you don't have to be a political genius to realize that having women participate makes sense.

Did Anita Dun force Rush Limbaugh to call Fluke a slut and a prostitute?

I called her worse when I heard her testimony on the radio (before Rush said a word).

My response was "so she's SUCH A WHORE she needs 1000 bucks a year for birth control?????????"

Rush was only saying what everybody else was thinking. I mean PUHLEASE! I've been married for 23 YEARS and have never needed to spend probably a thousand bucks in 23 YEARS on birth control, let alone a YEAR!

It's utter claptrap! And she wants the Taxpayer, or the Catholic College or the Insurance company to PAY her to have sex! That DOES make her a prostitute. Worse it makes her AN ATTENTION WHORE!

I STILL maintain Rush should not have apologized and I stand by that statement.

Jarhead, the official committee hearing on issues of reproductive access had a long list of people testifying - all men. Surely you understand the problem there? The Democrats, not being morons, figured out that they could host their own hearing and invite women, just as the Republicans only invited men. It was political genius.

The conservative media was under no mandate to cover the Democratic hearing. They covered it because they thought they had an angle to bash Democrats. They were quite spectacularly wrong, and Rush made it an error-squared by elevating the hearing to a national news story. It's not that the GOP hates women - it's that Rush and others took a series of steps that make many women think they are not supportive (or don't understand) women's issues. That's why R's are losing so badly on this issue and wishing it would go away while D's are happy to continue talking about.

Meanwhile, Obama's numbers among women are climbing and Rush had to run 77 PSA's on his flagship station yesterday.

Issa's committee hearing was to address the 1st Amendment ramifications of the 'contraception mandate' vis-a-vis churches and religious organizations. It had nothing to do with anything else. Fluke has no knowledge about religious organizations so she was rightfully excluded from that hearing.

Edited to add: If you're going to flap your gums about it, at least be accurate.

See that part about contraception? In this case, contraception for women? i don't usually give free advice to paying clients, but if you're going to have a top-level discussion about women's contraception, you don't have to be a political genius to realize that having women participate makes sense.

it was not about contraception.

It was about the consitutionlaity of the mandate that a business owner must offer a service, even if it is against their will and/or religion.

Whether or not contraception is expensive, good for health, a need for all....is irrelevant.

That can be addressed AFTER the mandate is deemde to be constitutional.....but if the mandate is deemed unconstitutional, the benefits of contraception are irrlevant.

Try to stop being so obtuse. See that part about the 1st Amendment and mandate and religious organizations? THAT was the subject, try to keep up.

Try to stop being so obtuse. See that part about the 1st Amendment and mandate and religious organizations? THAT was the subject, try to keep up.

The mandate was about female contraception. I'm being completely serious when I say this: If Republican's cant see the terrible optics of discussing topics related to female contraception without inviting females to participate, they are in worse shape come November than I ever imagined.

Seriously, think about the optics of that for just one second.

The mandate was about female contraception. I'm being completely serious when I say this: If Republican's cant see the terrible optics of discussing topics related to female contraception without inviting females to participate, they are in worse shape come November than I ever imagined.

Um, no; it wasn't. It is about the First Amendment's guarantee to the religious that they can practice their beliefs without government interference.

The hearing was about the 1st Amendment guarantees of religious liberty and the 'conscience clause', it was NOT about contraception. That's the problem with your myopic view, you can't or won't admit that you're wrong.

what dont you get?

The hearing was about whether or not the government can mandate something without it being in breach of the constitution.

Ones opinion on the need for contraception is irrelevant...even if the mandate has to do with contraception.

It was not a hearing about whether or not the mandate had merit.

It was about whether or not the mandate is constitutional.

If she were a constitutional attorney......that would be one thing.

Sh only had her opinion as to how important contraception is to women.

That has nothing to do with the constituitionality of a mandate

The hearing was about the 1st Amendment guarantees of religious liberty and the 'conscience clause', it was NOT about contraception. That's the problem with your myopic view, you can't or won't admit that you're wrong.
Did you listen to the hearing? The primary topic was female contraception and the right of certain organizations to opt out of providing it.

Again, the optics of an all-male panel on that are just terrible. awful. hilariously, epically pathetic. If you want to continue to explain it away be my guest. But the optics are what the optics are, and Republicans lost...badly. They will continue to lose if they don't learn from this. That's why women are running from the Republicans right now. Women can vote. Daughters, mothers, wives, grandmothers? They can vote.

When determining the constitionality of something, ones personal feelings about the subject itself is supposed to be ignored.

Like a judge....one is not to apply ones personal sentiments and ideology when deciding the law.

You need to see what you are saying.

You want "emotion" to be used when determining if something is constitutional.

May sound good to you in this case....but it wont in a case where it goes against your ideology.

You are wrong here...you need to see that and move on.

Did you listen to the hearing? The primary topic was female contraception and the right of certain organizations to opt out of providing it.

Of course I listened to the hearing. It was, indeed, about the right of certain organizations - religious ones, to be exact - to opt out of it. It's called protection from government influence on religious organizations to practice their beliefs. It's guaranteed by the First.

Here, read...

As for the hearing, Issa Thursday said Democrats could not add their witness because she was not a member of the clergy, but a student at Georgetown. He also faulted Democrats for not submitting the name of the witness, Georgetown Law Center student Sandra Fluke, in time.

Issa’s staff sent a letter to the Democrats, saying, “As the hearing is not about reproductive rights but instead about the administration’s actions as they relate to freedom of religion and conscience, he believes that Ms. Fluke is not an appropriate witness.”

what dont you get?

The hearing was about whether or not the government can mandate something without it being in breach of the constitution.

Ones opinion on the need for contraception is irrelevant...even if the mandate has to do with contraception.

Optics, Jarhead. Optics. Seriously, Republicans could learn something here. instead, they are losing women in droves. Which is fine with me, of course.

Fluke isn't the only woman who could have testified.

Again, the optics of an all-male panel on that are just terrible. awful. hilariously, epically pathetic. If you want to continue to explain it away be my guest. But the optics are what the optics are, and Republicans lost...badly. They will continue to lose if they don't learn from this. That's why women are running from the Republicans right now. Women can vote. Daughters, mothers, wives, grandmothers? They can vote.

In bold...exactly true.....the constitutionality of forcing those organizations to do somethingt that is against their religion.

The NEED for contraception by women is irrelevant as it pertains to a government mandate and its constitutionality.

Once it is found to be constituitional, then the debate will be about whether or not the mandate has merit.

THAT is when the Flukes of the world can be heard.

When determining the constitionality of something, ones personal feelings about the subject itself is supposed to be ignored.

Like a judge....one is not to apply ones personal sentiments and ideology when deciding the law.

May sound good to you in this case....but it wont in a case where it goes against your ideology.

No, Jarhead - the legislative branch doesn't get to determine if something is constitutional. Any time they claim to be doing so, they are yapping for the sake of yapping.

That's the court's job.

They thought they had a political angle. it backfired - to epic proportions. So much so that the leading conservative commentator in the nation had to run 77 public service announcements in one day on his flagship station.

what dont you get?

Optics, Jarhead. Optics. Seriously, Republicans could learn something here. instead, they are losing women in droves. Which is fine with me, of course.

I applaud the GOP for not caring about how it makes them look.

They want to preserve the constitution.....and they needed to hear from those that can help them determnine if the mandate is constitutional......not to determine whether or not conmtraception should be for free.

And folks like you damn them for doing the right thing.

No, Jarhead - the legislative branch doesn't get to determine if something is constitutional. Any time they claim to be doing so, they are yapping for the sake of yapping.

That's the court's job.

They thought they had a political angle. it backfired - to epic proportions. So much so that the leading conservative commentator in the nation had to run 77 public service announcements in one day on his flagship station.

Let me ask you this....

Exactly what did Fluke have to offer as it pertains to whether or not the consitution was being breached by the mandate?

what dont you get?

I applaud the GOP for not caring about how it makes them look.

So do I!

They want to preserve the constitution.....and they needed to hear from those that can help them determnine if the mandate is constitutional......not to determine whether or not conmtraception should be for free.

There are myriad women who could speak to that - but it's a court's job.

That's the court's job.

Let me ask you this....

Exactly what did Fluke have to offer as it pertains to whether or not the consitution was being breached by the mandate?

One more time: I'm not saying Fluke should have testified. I'm saying a discussion related in any way, shape or form to female contraception should include testimony from....women.

Forum List

Back