Obama Overtures to Business Fall Flat

[Trust me, it's an eye opener. It's just annoying to those of us who have to be lectured to by those who have no freaking clue.

We can tell you don't know what you are talking about.

I obviously know more than you do, as I put up sources to back my observations while you just go on righty talking points. I do work in the private sector. But I'm smart, I work for a Japanese company. SO much better than every American company I've worked for.

Just keep on hackin'. We've seen what the repulbicans' policies do first-hand.

Ahhh.. the self appointed know-it-all lefty.... sadly an all to common occurrence

You have not put anything factual to back up your assertions... and you frankly omit the parts of the supposed data that you do not want others to see, because it would put quite a chink in the armor of your stance

Care to address the questions I had about your ludicrous assertions?

Get this? He claims to work at a "fair" Japanese company.

Last time I checked one of the reasons Obama is targeting Toyota (as a competition to his Obama motors) is Japanese companies don't deal with the Unions like in the US.

How is that more "fair" according to Peeper's idea of "fair?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Japanese companies are more cut throat than American companies (like Toyota) and the don't deal with the unions. And you tell us they are more fair? LOL!

Not mine. They don't need to deal w/unions becase their pay scale is not so lopsided toward the top. I've been here 4 years and get great benefits... even a pension. I don't care what you believe. It's true.

The corporations do not have control over the citizenry.. you are not forced to work there.. you are not forced to invest.. you are not forced to purchase there... you are indeed free to do all of those things as and where you choose

Really? You dont think they do, huh. Wow.

Trust me, it's an eye opener. It's just annoying to those of us who have to be lectured to by those who have no freaking clue.

We can tell you don't know what you are talking about.

I obviously know more than you do, as I put up sources to back my observations while you just go on righty talking points. I do work in the private sector. But I'm smart, I work for a Japanese company. SO much better than every American company I've worked for.

Just keep on hackin'. We've seen what the repulbicans' policies do first-hand.

You did?
You sure?

Funny...remember when Obama had people like you saying WORSE OFF when he was saying are you better now than you were 8 years ago?

Well, I spoke to everty relative and every friend about that.

Everyone of them said "worse off" just like you.

I then asked each one to tell me what their value was back then and what it was now...

Few owned a home back then...now they do (now being back in summer 2008)
Few had a savings...now they do
Most had one car back then, now they have two or more
Few had multiple TV's 8 years eartlier....much less the multiple big screens they had in 2008

So were they better off? Hell yeah. Sure, they were experiencing some pain due to the recession....but hell yeah, their lifestyles were mnuch better in 2008 than 8 years prior.

LMAO....unbelievable how fools fall for political rhetoric.

What the setup of our government does say is that we have the right to our property, and to do with it as we see fit within the law... you do not get a say over my property or investments because you don't think it is fair what I derive from it.. you do not get to have a say or control mine or anyone else's property because you feel you deserve more... You worry about controlling your own decisions, finances, investments, , not about mine or anyone else's

And I'm worried about you guys giving the corporations, the MIC and big Agra that very same control. And you guys are already doing it.

Japanese companies are more cut throat than American companies (like Toyota) and the don't deal with the unions. And you tell us they are more fair? LOL!

Not mine. They don't need to deal w/unions becase their pay scale is not so lopsided toward the top. I've been here 4 years and get great benefits... even a pension. I don't care what you believe. It's true.

Yet you still rent and you still do not own a car.

Hmmm.....

[Funny...remember when Obama had people like you saying WORSE OFF when he was saying are you better now than you were 8 years ago?
/QUOTE]

No one compares now to 8 years ago, they compare now to two years ago. Barely anyone with a 401K is better off than they were 8 years ago with that faux booming economy that was going on back then. Come on now, be honest here.

What the setup of our government does say is that we have the right to our property, and to do with it as we see fit within the law... you do not get a say over my property or investments because you don't think it is fair what I derive from it.. you do not get to have a say or control mine or anyone else's property because you feel you deserve more... You worry about controlling your own decisions, finances, investments, , not about mine or anyone else's

And I'm worried about you guys giving the corporations, the MIC and big Agra that very same control. And you guys are already doing it.

Macro Economics...pure competition.

Learn about it.

There is no way around pure competition in a free market.

If you think that corporations control the people then you are easily controlled.

Name ONE coporation that YOU must buy from.

Just give me ONE.

In other words you just proved your argument to be wrong.

You aren't being controlled by CEOs. You are free to go where you want, even to another country.

Thank you for playing. You lost.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The corporations do not have control over the citizenry.. you are not forced to work there.. you are not forced to invest.. you are not forced to purchase there... you are indeed free to do all of those things as and where you choose

Really? You dont think they do, huh. Wow.

You just proved they don't, or you wouldn't be free to work for a Japanese company.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have not put anything factual to back up your assertions... and you frankly omit the parts of the supposed data that you do not want others to see

Such as? PLEASE, please refute me. I actually still have an open mind, unlike you. Convince me. You say one thing, but your heralded policies produce disastrous results. Is that not a fact? LOOK at where we are...

Government has the money and distributes it to they think should have it.

That is always the liberal idea of "fair."

Yes, and Bush redistributed it up to the already wealthy, so I guess you're against that too.

Please show where Bush redistributed any wealth to the 'rich'

Please show where Bush took tax monies collected from the poor to give to the rich...

Please show where the poor paid more in % or total compared to 'the rich'...

Again.... you like to take pieces that fit your warped view... but when you look at the big and truthful picture, you are indeed wrong

Huh?

Oh Jeez......where do yoiu get your info from?

Actually, the interwebs has many, many sources on this.

Tax Burden Shifts to the Middle (washingtonpost.com)

And do you wish to talk about how much of the total and % burden was still on 'the rich'? How many citizens paid exactly $0 in federal income tax? Do you also purposely omit the part where the lower incomes had their tax burden decrease even more?

You and your ilk with your support of selective equality.. equality when it suits you, and government's power to force inequality when it suits you

Again... the % tax burden on the 'rich' was lessened to lowers closer to that of the other tax brackets... the 'rich' were not the only ones to receive tax breaks... your omission of the part where that tax burden numbers shown in your source show that the burden on the lowest income levels dropped as well, is glaring....
The fact is that we have a system of selective guilt equality where huge numbers of citizens are carried by the federal tax burden confiscated by basically the other half of the citizenry

You talk of fairness.. yet we do not see you advocating equal treatment in taxation with a system that taxes every single dollar earned by every citizen at the exact same rate, no exceptions

What you want to consider fair is what gives you benefit.. regardless of whether it infringes upon the personal freedoms of others or not... you are a greedy and envious person

Maybe you feel it's OK to give all power and resources in this country to corporations, but most people in this country don't want that. Spin it all you want, but who cares about the whining of an overpaid CEO? Seriously. And isn't Obama's message speaking of small businesses, the backbone of this country? Verizon is not a small business.

Verizon is not responsible for a 10% unemployment rate.

Small businesses who are clueless what their overhead is going to be with all of the projected initiatives and already passed legislation are the backbone of hiring.

And until this administration lets it be known that it does not plan to fundamentally change the way private industry operates, all of us business owners are going to do what we are doing right now....sit around and watch.

Take off your blinders man. I understand your anger at the few large businesses in the US. But start to realize that when in a recession, a SMALL business owner does not want to pay MORE into unemployment, pay MORE for health insurance and pay MORE corporate taxes and pay MORE capital gains taxes and pay MORE for energy (cap and trade)...

Becuase if we do need to PAY MORE....we will not be able to hire.

Not rocket science.

Evidently it is ROCKET SCIENCE to obie wan and his merry band of libturds. :eusa_whistle:

Yet you still rent and you still do not own a car.

Hmmm.....

I live in NYC, numbnuts. It's not practical here.

You live in Brooklyn for a reason. You explained it to me in another thread. It allows you easy commutation and therefore not need to own a car. It offers you laundry on your floor so you do not need to buy a washing machine and dryer. It offers you respe3ctable rent so you do not need to pay higher for a mortgage.

You live in Brooklyn becuase you are not earning enough to own your own...ANYTHING.

Sounds like you are a victim.

In other words you just proved your argument to be wrong.

You aren't being controlled by CEOs. You are free to go where you want, even to another country.

Thank you for playing. You lost.

How so, I never, ever said was being controlled by CEO's, but that corporations have too much control over this country. It isn't my fault that you have no reading comprehension skills. The Japanese buisness info is for comparison.

Last edited:
[Funny...remember when Obama had people like you saying WORSE OFF when he was saying are you better now than you were 8 years ago?

No one compares now to 8 years ago, they compare now to two years ago. Barely anyone with a 401K is better off than they were 8 years ago with that faux booming economy that was going on back then. Come on now, be honest here.

As stated so many times.. in a free society you have the freedom to succeed that goes hand in hand with the freedom to fail

Just as the false boom of the 90's eventually corrected... you are or were free to invest or not to, put it in bonds or real estate or savings accounts or cds or in your damn matterss

You are the one who needs to be honest here.. with all your assertions of corporate control over the citizenry, with your personal financial situation being the fault of someone else

You just proved they don't, or you wouldn't be free to work for a Japanese company.

They control what we watch, hear, eat etc... Now, they have more of a voice in elections. That is giving up control.

Show one single corporation that voted

A vote is the only voice in an election... whether any corporation or individual supports a campaign or not

They control what we watch, hear, eat etc... Now, they have more of a voice in elections. That is giving up control.

Conspiracy Alert! :cuckoo:

Sir, were these CEOs about 4 foot, green with one large eye in the middle of their bellies?

Forum List

Back