Obama Overtures to Business Fall Flat

Eight pages later and Mr. Peepers is just as stupid as he was on page one.

Mr. Peepers is proof that you can't fix stupid.

So basically you want none of the risk of the business, yet you want an equal say to those that do take the risk. Do you not see something wrong with that attitude?

Basically, you want workers to have absolutely no say about their futures in said business? They don't take a risk? They're more involved in said company than stockholders... They are actually making the money for the company. Why do you see something wrong with this attitude?

TV is a right? Radio is a right? And please cite TRUTHFUL evidence that any corporation owns any election and has cast any single vote. We will be waiting

Information is a right. The citizens of this country are being FLEECED and there are few people left to be whistleblowers.

Corporations pay shit-tons of money to lobbyists and donate shit-tons of money to campaigns. Now they will be able to pay for ads directly and how much do you want to bet, there won't be any disclosure. Treating political corporate spending as free speech is bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows it. It's not the elections themselves that corps own... it's the nominees IN the elections.

No.. it is not.. it is a want by you as to what info you wish to obtain.. you have no constitutional right to information

Nice try though

Please show one corporation that cast 1 single vote

You are free to become a presidential nominee if you have the basic credentials.. as does anyone else who meets the credentials.... you are not forced to vote for any candidate, nor are you prevented from writing in any candidate if you don't like the other choices.. you are also free to not vote in any particular part of the ballot

As I said.. nice try.. but your little smoke screens are silly

Mr. Peepers is proof that you can't fix stupid.

Wow, such a lame burn. How on earth did you learn how to be so astute? You guys just keep on keeping on. We'll see what happens. I will say this, if you guys get your way, it will not be pretty.

So basically you want none of the risk of the business, yet you want an equal say to those that do take the risk. Do you not see something wrong with that attitude?

Basically, you want workers to have absolutely no say about their futures in said business? They don't take a risk? They're more involved in said company than stockholders... They are actually making the money for the company. Why do you see something wrong with this attitude?

They have a say in where they choose to work for whatever compensation they can negotiate for their labor

They don't like the CEO pay, quit and go somewhere else.. start your own business, you have the freedom to set it up as you choose.... but you do not inherently get to tell the owners of the business what to do with their property

Get a second job.. get a third job.... you have the freedom to do so...

That is not going to happen just so that I can buy overpriced, flimsy insurance coverage. I'll move out of this idiocracy before that happens.

They have a say in where they choose to work for whatever compensation they can negotiate for their labor

They don't like the CEO pay, quit and go somewhere else.. start your own business, you have the freedom to set it up as you choose.... but you do not inherently get to tell the owners of the business what to do with their property

You're not answering my question. Why is it ok that the small group of board members get the say but not the labor? They are both groups making decisions for the lives of tens of thousands of people. Why one but not the other. Why not both?

Get a second job.. get a third job.... you have the freedom to do so...

That is not going to happen just so that I can buy overpriced, flimsy insurance coverage. I'll move out of this idiocracy before that happens.

So...you have a choice. Choices mean freedom. BTW, you paying ALL the premium? Since the company is paying the bulk of it and has many different personal situations to consider, maybe you need to be more tolerant.

Last edited:
You are free to become a presidential nominee if you have the basic credentials.. as does anyone else who meets the credentials.... you are not forced to vote for any candidate, nor are you prevented from writing in any candidate if you don't like the other choices.. you are also free to not vote in any particular part of the ballot

As I said.. nice try.. but your little smoke screens are silly

Talk about smoke screens. Are you really going to tell me that corporations don't try to buy candidates? Really? That's pretty naive.

Since the company is paying a bulk of it and has many different personal situations to consider, maybe you need to be more tolerant.

1. They do not pay the bulk of it. They pay half.

2. Tolerant of what? I told you I have good benefits...

Since the company is paying a bulk of it and has many different personal situations to consider, maybe you need to be more tolerant.

1. They do not pay the bulk of it. They pay half.

2. Tolerant of what? I told you I have good benefits...

They half times how many employees? It ain't all about you son. Quit the selfish crap.

1. Decline coverage.
2. Pay for your own personal coverage.
3. Take what they give you.

Like I said, I have no choice BUT to buy through my work. I cannot decline coverage, as it would ruin me. I cannot afford my own coverage AND I have to take what they offer. I HAVE NO CHOICE IN THIS MATTER.

Like I said, you don't know my personal history.

Last edited:
They half times how many employees? It ain't all about you son. Quit the selfish crap.

Selfish? I'm not calling my company selfish. It's the parasite insurance companies that are causing all this crap - they are the greedy, selfish bastards. But that's a totally different thread. Gotta go and catch the train now.

Please name ONE coproation that you MUST buy from.

Cigna. It's the only insurance offered at my company. But no one said corporations are forcing people to buy stuff... yet.

So you are not pleased with Cigna yet you took a job that did not pay you enough to buy your own insurance.

Seems you took the wrong job. They had a bad insurance policy and dont pay you enough to get your own.

Bad choice.

You have been with them for 4 years...and there were plenty of jobs out there 4 years ago.

So you made a bad choice. Now you have to live with your bad choice and you dont want to. You want to blame Cigna or the cost of OTHER insurance companies.

Maybe if you took a different job with better insurance you would not be complaining.

But then you would be complaining about the commute...or the salary....or whatever.

You need to bone up....you are in control of your own destiny.....yet you do not want to admit to poor choices.

Selfish? I'm not calling my company selfish. It's the parasite insurance companies that are causing all this crap - they are the greedy, selfish bastards. But that's a totally different thread. Gotta go and catch the train now.

The guy is free to buy any car he wants, but takes the only train in town. Nice mouse trap you built yourself mouse.

5:00 on the nose...

That in itself is very telling about you Peepers.

You know...there is a valid theory of making your self indispensible to your employer. Sitting on this board for an hour and then bolting at 5 on the nose is not gonna do it for ya!

The guy is free to buy any car he wants, but takes the only train in town. Nice mouse trap you built yourself mouse.

Peepers is exactly what is wrong with this workforce nowadays.

They want all they can get and give as little as they can get away with.

And Obama is feeding into it.

Forum List

Back