Obama Overtures to Business Fall Flat

You just proved they don't, or you wouldn't be free to work for a Japanese company.

They control what we watch, hear, eat etc... Now, they have more of a voice in elections. That is giving up control.

I watch what I want. I hear what I want to hear. I eat ONLY what I decide to eat.

Why have you given up all of your freedoms to those corporations you despise so much?

They have no control over me. LMAO...you told me what you pay for cable. I use the same provider and I pay one third of that.....seems you have nbo backbone to make a decision to leave them. I siad I was leaving them and they gave me a deal competative to the competition.

You need to grow a little backbone....you know...stop being a follower and start taking control of your destiny.

Again... the % tax burden on the 'rich' was lessened to lowers closer to that of the other tax brackets... the 'rich' were not the only ones to receive tax breaks... your omission of the part where that tax burden numbers shown in your source show that the burden on the lowest income levels dropped as well, is glaring....

What "omission"? Are you refuting that the majority of the breaks went to the uber-wealthy while shifting more of the burden on the middle class? It DID do this, yes? The drop in the lower income levels was negligible compared to the breaks the billionaires got.

so 70x is ok, but 400x is not? where do you draw the line?
i think if someone wants to run their company in a manner in which the ceo only makes 10x what the janitor makes, that's up to them.
i don't think anyone else should have a say in it.

Then to be fair, all the people that work for that company should have a say, don't you think? It's only fair. And yes, 400x is way out of whack considering they made just 42x that in 1980. That's only 20 years ago.

Yeah, if you start a company. Take the risk and the hard work, you shouldn't have a say on how it's run. Your workers should decide.

Spoken like a true commie!

:lol::lol::lol:

My thoughts exactly.

[Funny...remember when Obama had people like you saying WORSE OFF when he was saying are you better now than you were 8 years ago?
/QUOTE]

No one compares now to 8 years ago, they compare now to two years ago. Barely anyone with a 401K is better off than they were 8 years ago with that faux booming economy that was going on back then. Come on now, be honest here.

Be honest?
I made it clear in my post that "now" was referring to sunmmer of 2008...

And in the summer of 2008 ALL were better off than they were when the dot com bubble burst.

But, of course, to try to look like you are honest and I am a liar, you left that off the quote.

Fuck off you communist. This country does not need losers like you who whine about every bad decision they made in life.

And judging by the pathetic way you live, you certainly have a lot to whine about.

Again... the % tax burden on the 'rich' was lessened to lowers closer to that of the other tax brackets... the 'rich' were not the only ones to receive tax breaks... your omission of the part where that tax burden numbers shown in your source show that the burden on the lowest income levels dropped as well, is glaring....

What "omission"? Are you refuting that the majority of the breaks went to the uber-wealthy while shifting more of the burden on the middle class? It DID do this, yes? The drop in the lower income levels was negligible compared to the breaks the billionaires got.

Selective information again

All breaks were not just to the 'rich'.. the 'rich' still paid a higher total and higher % than any other group... those in the lowest tax brackets also saw their burden decrease... a vast number of the citizenry paid zero in income tax

Do you wish to look at the % taxation rates, the total burden, etc? Compare the rates of all the brackets?

You wish to openly support a completely equal taxation rate on every dollar earned by every citizen, regardless of income?

What you want to consider fair is what gives you benefit.. regardless of whether it infringes upon the personal freedoms of others or not... you are a greedy and envious person

I get no "benefits" because I am the "evil" middle class. I get no breaks for anything. The poor get breaks. The wealthy get breaks, but we are being decimated. No big deal to you, though, is it. Does it occur to you that I may want to keep more of MY earnings? That I might like to amass a little wealth - be able to save a little every month? What I consider fair is not giving corporations control of our lives, which has been the disturbing trend in the past 40 years.

What you want to consider fair is what gives you benefit.. regardless of whether it infringes upon the personal freedoms of others or not... you are a greedy and envious person

I get no "benefits" because I am the "evil" middle class. I get no breaks for anything. The poor get breaks. The wealthy get breaks, but we are being decimated. No big deal to you, though, is it. Does it occur to you that I may want to keep more of MY earnings? That I might like to amass a little wealth - be able to save a little every month? What I consider fair is not giving corporations control of our lives, which has been the disturbing trend in the past 40 years.

Waiting for an answeer...

Please name ONE coproation that you MUST buy from.

I watch what I want. I hear what I want to hear. I eat ONLY what I decide to eat.

Why have you given up all of your freedoms to those corporations you despise so much?

They have no control over me. LMAO...you told me what you pay for cable. I use the same provider and I pay one third of that.....seems you have nbo backbone to make a decision to leave them. I siad I was leaving them and they gave me a deal competative to the competition.

You need to grow a little backbone....you know...stop being a follower and start taking control of your destiny.

*sigh* You just don't get it. Who makes the majority of the food you eat? The products you use? Who owns television and radio, and now, the elections themselves (except for public television and radio, thank god)? I don't think you realize how far we have gone over to the bad place.

You get benefits at a lesser % burden and total burden than those who you wish to vilify in this free society

With the freedom to succeed comes the freedom to fail... and I do not exist to save you from your own failure, whether you feel that is fair or not

You have the freedom to save as much as you want... to live where you want and pay accordingly... you have the freedom to choose to eat ramen or caviar

Corporations have zero control over your life.. please cite where any corporation has forced you to do something against your own free will... with any documented proof, all you have to do is approach a lawyer and you will have a very simple and winning lawsuit on your hands

was right. Some dumb kid who has NEVER WORKED a real job in his life.

Get back to me, when you run your own business kid.

"Fair is fair." You sound like a 16 year old!

Egad, the older I get, the less tolerance I have for this nonsense.

So.... what makes it ok for a small group (shareholders) most of whom do not work for the company get to decide salary, but the employees who are actively involved, invested and physically making money for said comany have NO say?

Perhaps if the employees should trying buying stock in the company.

All breaks were not just to the 'rich'.. the 'rich' still paid a higher total and higher % than any other group... those in the lowest tax brackets also saw their burden decrease...

Yeah, decreased by peanuts. And the poor do pay taxes. They pay payroll taxes among others.

*sigh* You just don't get it. Who makes the majority of the food you eat? The products you use? Who owns television and radio, and now, the elections themselves (except for public television and radio, thank god)? I don't think you realize how far we have gone over to the bad place.

1) I grow my own veggies every spring and summer.. and I CHOOSE where I purchase my other food items... I am not controlled nor forced to use any particular corporation... I am free to not purchase from a corporation at all

2) TV is a right? Radio is a right? And please cite TRUTHFUL evidence that any corporation owns any election and has cast any single vote. We will be waiting

The bad place is not a system with the freedoms to succeed and fail on our own decisions, efforts, choices, talents, etc.. the bad place is a system that advocates governmental control of what a person can earn, work as, etc and a system that advocates confiscation from some to take over the responsibilities and burdens of others

Perhaps if the employees should trying buying stock in the company.

Like Enron that only let them buy their own stock and then cashed everything out as the company was collapsing? No thanks.

So basically you want none of the risk of the business, yet you want an equal say to those that do take the risk. Do you not see something wrong with that attitude?

All breaks were not just to the 'rich'.. the 'rich' still paid a higher total and higher % than any other group... those in the lowest tax brackets also saw their burden decrease...

Yeah, decreased by peanuts. And the poor do pay taxes. They pay payroll taxes among others.

And the typical liberal ploy.. of changing the focus... the lowest income earners (growing close to 50% of the citizenry now) play ZERO INCOME TAXES... we are not talking sales taxes or property taxes or whatever else, nor are we talking the bullshit system of social security

Keep trying to squirm away.. just makes you look more silly

If you don't like Cigna then go buy insurance elsewhere. Damn.

There is no way I can afford private insurance - no way in hell. It's Cigna or nothing.

Get a second job.. get a third job.... you have the freedom to do so... and if you do not wish to do what it takes to purchase what you want, then that is on YOU, and nobody else... you are not being forced to purchase Cigna, nor are you being controlled in your decision

TV is a right? Radio is a right? And please cite TRUTHFUL evidence that any corporation owns any election and has cast any single vote. We will be waiting

Information is a right. The citizens of this country are being FLEECED and there are few people left to be whistleblowers.

Corporations pay shit-tons of money to lobbyists and donate shit-tons of money to campaigns. Now they will be able to pay for ads directly and how much do you want to bet, there won't be any disclosure. Treating political corporate spending as free speech is bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows it. It's not the elections themselves that corps own... it's the nominees IN the elections.

Forum List

Back