Zone1 Candace Owens Becomes Catholic

thanks for that, but some posters don't seem to know about any rules!

I mean, they say the most godawful things!

Yes they do, and that's because they can get away with horrible manners in some parts of this board.

The cool part is that ignore button when folks start getting ugly.

And when you need a break, you can put them all in the "Quiet Box".

They show us so clearly just how ugly their hateful little leftists selves are. Just look how many have chimed in here in this thread and told me how they hate me, which they do every day, and I don't even see them any more. :dunno:

I didn't say that

But it stands to reason, and you can't deny it does, that if Christ founded a Church, THAT is the one people should be in, not some man made imitation that came by 1000s of years after Christ.
you didnt?....who said this?.........well, you dislike Christians or those who support them.....and all i said was i dislike the CC.....so how did you come to that?...

Her seeing the equation between what she has devoted her life to and what the Catholic Church stands for.
Really it is great.

You are aware of Jordan Peterson (look him up, quite popular)

"Catholicism is as SANE as you can get." | Jordan Peterson​

You seem to be sheltered , or is it you seek out issues where you can pretend to be in the dark. Because you do that 'help an ignorant person' routine quite a bit : )

I believe both Protestants and Catholics can end up in heaven.

Catholics just make their version more complicated. If you like that approach then join the Catholic Church.

Yeh, thinking about committing a sin is not a sin unless you dwell on it, plan to do and etc. So that's odd. But hey, humans are human. We have to forgive them because we are really no better. I've ditched a lot of my previous sins but it seems like as soon as you get rid of one bad habit or sin, here comes another to take its place! So yeh, it's hard to always be forgiving but that's what Jesus said to do. I don't think that means allowing the offender to re-offend. No, wait, I know it isn't about that. I forgave this person years ago and she acted like I was supposed to continue on in the relationship just because I forgave but no, I wasn't about to subject myself to the same old abuse and the person never seemed to change at all.

I don't do forgiveness. That just signals weakness, and they'll just keep abusing you.

I also don't think it's a crime to have thoughts, as long as you don't act on them.

It is easy to agree with what Peterson says and also see that the R.C.C. is for weak minds and weak faith.
It is difficult to see why anyone already a Christian would ever modify his faith and adapt Papism.
To each his own. I’ve never felt the need to tear down the beliefs of others to build mine up. That would seem to be a sign of weak faith.

OK, maybe you could elaborate some?

I have a vague notion what metaphysics is
I've never personally been a member of any church. I was raised learning about metaphysical ideology. But now I am interested more in religion specifically Catholic.

Metaphysics is the branch of philosophy that examines the fundamental structure of reality. It is traditionally seen as the study of mind-independent features of reality but some modern theorists understand it as an inquiry into the conceptual schemes that underlie human thought and experience.

To those who left the Catholic Church and therefore abandoned the perfect instructions of Jesus Christ on how to live, what inferior set of living instructions did you substitute for it? The next question is why would you try to replace perfection?

I really do not know who she is.

But I hope she finds the comfort and strength that she is apparently seeking.

Common sense and reason.

Those always work well.

Certainly a lot better than some medieval superstitions from a corrupt church.
Jesus' teaching IS perfect. What man perceives as common sense and reason isn't always correct. Every atheist institution has been a failure. Atheists' lives are generally less happy, with more suicide and substance abuse.

Last edited:
Everything fails eventually. The only reason why the Corrupt Catholic Church has survived is its ability to reform.

"What, that wasn't us!!!!" when someone realizes they did something evil.
If atheism is the answer, why do atheists lead all belief groups in substance abuse, alcoholism, suicide, and depression? Shouldn't all that supposed "common sense and reason" lead to better lives and not worse?

If atheism is the answer, why do atheists lead all belief groups in substance abuse, alcoholism, suicide, and depression? Shouldn't all that supposed "common sense and reason" lead to better lives and not worse?
That's probably not true... so I'm not going to worry about it.

Frankly, if you aren't depressed, you aren't paying attention.

It works just fine. It forces me to deal with problems as they are, not hoping for a magic sky pixie to fic the problem in an afterlife that never happens.
I just don't get why you'd trade the perfect for the inferior. I guess it's the same thing as people who continue to smoke, knowing it will kill them

I just don't get why you'd trade the perfect for the inferior. I guess it's the same thing as people who continue to smoke, knowing it will kill them
Here's why I'm not a Catholic.

1982, my mom had cancer. She was a well liked art teacher in the parish. The whole parish prayed for her to get better. I prayed.

She died anyway.

No God.

No point pretending there is one to "feel better" about the inevitability of death.

Certainly stupid to turn a blind eye to all the evils of the Church (misogyny, child molestation, collaboration with Nazis, etc. etc. ) so I can feel better about dying.

Forum List

Back