No They Can't - Stossel Is The Greatest

No, they just buy politicians to get themselves tax breaks that you and I pay for.

Again, I'm all for smaller and more efficient government. But you try to cut anything, people scream.

It's not so much a counter as it is ONE of the ways things break down. To think business and government are separate is silly. And in today's world, the government makes it very difficult to compete with established businesses. And Established businesses have it in their strategies to make sure those advantages don't go away. And they get fat and sloppy. Of course, the whole GM bail out thing does not hurt their case at all.

And how is that ? Some in the right are just as blind as those on the left when it comes to he bed partnering of business and government. It isn't unique to any one side.

I am sure you will have a good time refuting Stossels presentation. Otherwise, Ronnie was right and you are a pissant.

[Surely one day they will understand that those with money buy all the regulations and the politicians who make their life wonderful for them. It also makes them able to funnel the money their direction.

Yes....just look at G.E. and Solyndra (what happens if it does not go bankrupt ?). As was pointed out in the show, the government picks the winners and losers. If that game is acceptable to you, then you belong on the other side of the pond.

ronnie was far from right , unless of course you are against the working class, then like you believe, of course, he is a saint.
If anyone is a pissant, it would be you. But that is an entirely different post to put up.

I'm not sure if I want my airport security handled by a "Seasonal Temp". they barely help that much with my Christmas Shopping.

I think there are problems with the TSA. BUt the fact remains, since they've been on the job, we haven't had a repeat of 9/11. There've been problems, but on foreign flights coming into this country.

Boy, it is fun to read your posts.

I'd suggest you watch the segment on this, at least, before saying any more.

You simply sound silly.

In the first place, turnover in the TSA is massive...so your security is being handled, in large part, by rookies.

Guy, you made a comment that the TSA was worse than private firms.

But you know what, private firms let 9/11 happen. The TSA hasn't had an incident on their watch. Yup, they are brutish and unpleasant to deal with, but they are getting the job done.

But there is some Republican thing which is just horrified of the notion of a working man getting a fair wage, I guess.

I think it was Stossel who made the claim. Then he shows the instance of the SF private firm. He says nothing about wages. The SF has had nothing happen on it's watch either...so ?

The government let 9/11 happen too.

Security was different then, so your continual harping on that point is meaningless.

I'm not sure if I want my airport security handled by a "Seasonal Temp". they barely help that much with my Christmas Shopping.

I think there are problems with the TSA. BUt the fact remains, since they've been on the job, we haven't had a repeat of 9/11. There've been problems, but on foreign flights coming into this country.

Boy, it is fun to read your posts.

I'd suggest you watch the segment on this, at least, before saying any more.

You simply sound silly.

In the first place, turnover in the TSA is massive...so your security is being handled, in large part, by rookies.

Guy, you made a comment that the TSA was worse than private firms.

But you know what, private firms let 9/11 happen. The TSA hasn't had an incident on their watch. Yup, they are brutish and unpleasant to deal with, but they are getting the job done.

But there is some Republican thing which is just horrified of the notion of a working man getting a fair wage, I guess.
Comical, as the TSA missed the shoe and underwear bombers. You are one of the ones willing to give up liberty for security as evidenced right here.

A bump for No They Can't with a strong wish that Mr. Hope and Change will find his way back to Chicago in late Jan 2013.

Imagine if the g'ment just stepped aside and protected the original laws?
Imagine if they would step aside , let states set rules for healthcare across state lines to open up a more healthier competition among insurance companies?
wow, yeah it would work. But remember, we REALLY have a g'ment and a President that actually hates America, wants it to fail and become as poor and crappy as most of the world.
Remember he feels that everyone should be equally depressed and equally sht poor.

Yet he has millions from book sales and nobel fake prizes. :eek:/

Horseshytte.

That would you be your last name.

Your first would be Brown.

Your commentary is 2nd grader nature.

It rarely makes any sense.

Please move to Cuba with your family while you can take advantage of their first rate health care system. We will all die quickly up here in the states and you will be better off.

Please, get out of here and go there. You'll raise the collective I.Q. of both places.

You are a moron.

You don't know how to make an argument with supporting material.

You don't know how to debate.

A bump to piss of Franco even more.

Let's see if he decides to put up one of his lazy-assed posts.

Dupes
Pubs
Liars
Rush
Uh.....I forgot

[sound of knuckles dragging on pavement as he walks away]

Still not understanding how govt is so inefficient, yet GOP refuses to cut Medicare, and expanded it massively last time it had both White House and Congress.

And still waiting for a reasoned liberal to make an economic argument that isn't based on a tin foil hat theory regarding corporate conspiracies.

Reality is both sides are in love with dated economic theories. The "involvement of government" debate is so '87. Think about the massively important TCP/IP protocol carrying all the posts here across the Internet. Republicans can't deal with the fact that it was developed by the government, Libs can't deal with the fact that it's yet another example of government spending having significant unintended consequences.

Still not understanding how govt is so inefficient, yet GOP refuses to cut Medicare, and expanded it massively last time it had both White House and Congress.

Oh, please don't equate the GOP (at the federal level) with anyone who wants smaller government.

As near as I can tell, it is only a marketing line.

I liked it when Stossel got knocked out of the park on this show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ]WRESTLING IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube[/ame]

Sometimes, I think Fox keeps Stossel is because conservatives like to laugh at him.

IMHO

WRESTLING IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube

Good to know you like to see others assaulted.

I'll keep that in mind the next time one your sorry liberal bleeding heart posts shows up.

Now, now. He's just such a self absorbed jerk. It was pretty funny seeing him run away.

Here's wishing you a right hook from your husband or boyfriend (if such a moron exists) and a broken jaw.

I'll try not to laugh.

I'll keep that in mind the next time one your sorry liberal bleeding heart posts shows up.

Now, now. He's just such a self absorbed jerk. It was pretty funny seeing him run away.

Here's wishing you a right hook from your husband or boyfriend (if such a moron exists) and a broken jaw.

I'll try not to laugh.

That will never happen. But thanks for your input.

And still waiting for a reasoned liberal to make an economic argument that isn't based on a tin foil hat theory regarding corporate conspiracies.

Reality is both sides are in love with dated economic theories. The "involvement of government" debate is so '87. Think about the massively important TCP/IP protocol carrying all the posts here across the Internet. Republicans can't deal with the fact that it was developed by the government, Libs can't deal with the fact that it's yet another example of government spending having significant unintended consequences.

How would the fact that the GOP failed to cut Medicare prove that it's efficient? The conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. Politicians have lots of reasons for not cutting government programs aside from whether they are "efficient" or not.

WRESTLING IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube

To be fair, the guy was twice his size and I doubt Stossel has ever trained anything. Was anyone wondering if Stossel would win a (real) fight between the two of them? Punk ass move by 'roid/no impulse control. And of course the truth is that 'pro wrestling' isn't real. Only abject idiots ever believed otherwise. The pretense was given up years ago (though some still believed it at the time of that clip - and the industry started from real catch wrestling a very long time ago). And of course the brilliant Mr. Schultz got canned for his antics.

Last edited:
Watched it last night. Great show. Big Brother is completley out of control. I don't see how anyone can deny that. So kudos to John Stossel. Best show on Cable News by far.

Forum List

Back