No They Can't - Stossel Is The Greatest

I still remember when Stossel got the crap beaten out of him by a professional wrestler..

WRESTLING IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube

Maybe they needed to check him for brain damage.

Okay, seriously, the one thing the corporatists have managed to do very well over the last few decades is to absolutely convince us that private enterprise is a model of efficiency while the government is a model of waste. (Except the military, of course. We never criticize the military.)

In fact, the gulf isn't that wide. There's a lot of ineptitude in business, and a lot of efficiency in government.

Except that private businesses can't take more and more of our money under the threat of incarceration to endlessly fund their incompetence but the government can and does

That hasn't stopped.

And it cost the democrapers 9 seats in the senate.

Can't wait until 2016. Harry Reid is running again. Easy kill for the GOP.

The GOP is going to lose the Senate in 2016. The map favors Democrats in a mirror image of how the map favored Republicans in 2014.

There is nothing in the polls that even remotely backs such a claim.

There is no Colorado waiting to happen because we don't have the boat anchor in the WH.

"Why does raising the minimum wage -- this one I don't get -- actually hurt poor people?," she asked Stossel. "I don't understand that one at all." Stossel replied with a straight face: "The truth is that people on the margins lose jobs when minimum wages go up. We used to have people washing windshields at gas stations. We don't anymore because of the minimum wage. There's no opportunity for kids, for entry-level workers."
Mind you, Stossel is making this claim at the very same time President Bush is claiming we need a guest worker program because there are actually too many entry-level, low-wage jobs that aren't being filled. But beyond that, the actual data exposes Stossel's pathological lying. As I note in my new book's section on this very lie about minimum wages supposedly hurting the job market:

"In a comprehensive 2004 study, the nonpartisan Fiscal Policy Institute reported that since 1997, states that had boosted their minimum wage above the federal minimum actually created jobs faster than those that did not. In higher minimum wage states, employment grew by 50 percent more than it did in states still at the pathetic federal level. Even in tough economic times, the minimum wage doesn't hurt jobs: Princeton University economist David Card found that even the minimum wage increases during the 1990-91 recession 'were not associated with any measurable employment losses.' As Republican Sen. Arlen Specter (PA) once noted, "history clearly demonstrates that raising the minimum wage has no adverse impact on jobs."...In Oregon, for instance, the state raised its minimum wage in 1998, and the average earnings of newly-employed welfare recipients climbed by 9 percent, while the percentage of welfare recipients who found a job actually rose."

AND

Professional Idiot John Stossel Lies to Vacationing Americans About Income Inequality

Posted by Paul Constant on Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Do you know who John Stossel is? It's okay if you don't; he's a minor-league Fox News reporter who makes Glenn Beck look like Richard Feynman. Which is to say, he's a professional idiot who gives libertarians a bad name. (Did you know it's hard to open a lemonade stand in New York City? Stossel sure got the scoop on that one!) Here he is on Fox News last Thursday when all the important anchors were already on vacation, talking to people in line at a food bank. Turns out, those people own things! The outrage! Can you imagine? Why wouldn't you sell your cell phone to buy food, instead? (Wait, what? Because it's impossible to find work without a cell phone? Shut up, liberal!) And this is all extra-outrageous, because Oprah was on welfare once! Why don't these morons just leave the food bank line and start their own multi-media broadcasting empires, like Oprah?

In any case, Stossel also took the opportunity to bleat a few factoids about how the rich are getting richer in America, but the poor are getting richer, too.
Professional Idiot John Stossel Lies to Vacationing Americans About Income Inequality Slog

Videos and more at the two links above.

Stossel is just another Fox liar.

I belong here, thanks,....

Oh yeah, what would we do without the mindless, illiterate nonsense you spam the board with 1000s of times a day? :rolleyes:

You're right up there with Batshit Boy in pointless idiocy.

And the "health crisis" was greatly accelerated by once again Congressional intervention in 1986 called
"In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay.

Once hospitals if they took Medicare payments had to see the FEW "uninsured" at that time hospitals had to figure a way in getting back their "uncompensated care" costs.

So hospitals padded and passed on to Medicare and insurance companies i.e. the paying parties these uncompensated care costs!

Case in point, I've access to a database of 6,000+ hospitals AND what they pay Medicare for outpatients.
For example a hospital in Tampa overcharges Medicare by 6,000% for CAT scans and Medicare is OK with that because they know the hospitals pass on their "uncompensated care costs"!

So as with any other business hospitals hike and boost these "uncompensated care" costs estimated in 2010 to be about $66 billion! Any payer be it Medicare/insurance companies out of pocket gets that absorbed cost in what THEY pay!
Hence ONE of at least 2 factors that have escalated health care costs!

I admit not to know much about this but this is my perception. Medicare decides what they are going to pay for treatment, it really doesn't matter what the hospital bills. Then it is up to the hospital to either accept the medicare payment or charge the patient. If they can't collect off of the patient they are pretty much screwed. So they have inflated the price so much that what medicare offers is really what they would have charged without medicare.

:lol:

Companies are making record profits now and unemployment is slowly ticking downward. Were congress to get up off their asses and incentivize domestic hiring through the tax code..the economy would be picking up at a faster pass. You would also see solid and sustained growth..not the vaporware of the Bush economy.

So you are now saying that tax cuts do help the economy? Or are you just trying to take care of corporations who I am told by the left doesn't really "build that."

I still remember when Stossel got the crap beaten out of him by a professional wrestler..

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]zrX9Ca7LSyQ[/MEDIA] IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube[/ame]

Okay, seriously, the one thing the corporatists have managed to do very well over the last few decades is to absolutely convince us that private enterprise is a model of efficiency while the government is a model of waste. (Except the military, of course. We never criticize the military.)

In fact, the gulf isn't that wide. There's a lot of ineptitude in business, and a lot of efficiency in government.

To take some of the assertations above-

While the TSA creates long lines, misses actual terrorists, and angers passengers, screeners working for a private company at one big airport work faster, more cheerfully, and find more contraband. We show how the private company does it.

Did Stossel just forget that the reason why the TSA (which is not an agency I'm fond of) was formed was because the 19 hijackers walked right past private company screeners?

•Did you know that the U of Missouri is proud to have a "leisure resort" on campus? Naomi Riley, author of The Faculty Lounges: And Other Reasons Why You Won't Get the College Education You Pay For, explains how government aid led to massive tuition hikes.

Private universities are just as lavish in their benefits. The real problem there is like any boom industry, they are living large right now. Just like the bankers were living large before the bust, the Colleges are now.

The TSA, in my opinion, was a way overreaction. The hijackers didn't "just walked past them." They were carrying items that were not prohibited and not really seen as a threat. Where the government really did fail is in not protecting the cockpit. The pilots had complained for years that something needed done and all they did was argue over cost. Imagine the cost of short sighted thinking and losing 4 planes.

Stossel is great, the only person worth watching on Fox.
Stossel knows where the easy money is. Bucking up the dupes...common sense my ass...

How about actually looking up some info on what and how it's working in the Cayman Islands and why the Frank Dodd bill isn't?
Education & knowledge is your friend most congress critters aren't. Doesn't matter which party it is.
And what moronic, bought off party blocked measures that would work, stupid?

Stossel knows where the easy money is. Bucking up the dupes...common sense my ass...

How about actually looking up some info on what and how it's working in the Cayman Islands and why the Frank Dodd bill isn't?
Education & knowledge is your friend most congress critters aren't. Doesn't matter which party it is.

The Dem's one in particular who's name is Barney Frank dummkopf.

Jeebus you live on another planet. He DID go for compromise to try and get ANYTHING from mindless, bought off Pubs. You wouldn't understand compromise, "no compromise, un-American TP GOP" (TIME) functional shyttehead.

Jeebus you live on another planet. He DID go for compromise to try and get ANYTHING from mindless, bought off Pubs. You wouldn't understand compromise, "no compromise, un-American TP GOP" (TIME) functional shyttehead.

You are the one who is refusing that Dems had a hand in this.
You should have watched C-Span.
Facts right in front of his face that proved Freddie Mac was doing illeagal hedge fund trading.
His words - I don’t see anything in this report that raises safety and soundness problems.
Video Democrats insist 8220 nothing wrong 8221 at Fannie Mae Freddie Mac in 2004 Hot Air

Different subject, and "hot air". He did nothing wrong but invest in the booming real estate market, before it was realized it was a Pub/crony scam. F+F's share of market went from 75% to 25% of market during the corrupt bubble.

That hasn't stopped.

And it cost the democrapers 9 seats in the senate.

Can't wait until 2016. Harry Reid is running again. Easy kill for the GOP.
Will you really leave then lol?

Will you move to Cuba where you belong ?
I belong here, thanks, undoing Pub and hater dupe damage. Why don't you move to Russia? lol. Brilliant, typical dupes' stupid insults.

You laugh at your own shit a lot.
I am sure you are where you belong...in an institution. Prison, or an asylum.
I'm not an angry white hater dupe if that's what you mean....

You sure come across that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]zrX9Ca7LSyQ[/MEDIA] IS FAKE (watch before commenting) - YouTube[/ame]

To take some of the assertations above-

While the TSA creates long lines, misses actual terrorists, and angers passengers, screeners working for a private company at one big airport work faster, more cheerfully, and find more contraband. We show how the private company does it.

Did Stossel just forget that the reason why the TSA (which is not an agency I'm fond of) was formed was because the 19 hijackers walked right past private company screeners?

•Did you know that the U of Missouri is proud to have a "leisure resort" on campus? Naomi Riley, author of The Faculty Lounges: And Other Reasons Why You Won't Get the College Education You Pay For, explains how government aid led to massive tuition hikes.

Private universities are just as lavish in their benefits. The real problem there is like any boom industry, they are living large right now. Just like the bankers were living large before the bust, the Colleges are now.

And the left has done very well convincing us that we have government verses corporate America even though bureaucrats rely on corporate funds to get elected and government just bailed out corporate America with trillions of taxpayer money.

In fact, without government the corporate model would not even exist.

Forum List

Back