Presidential Immunity

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
The Court is hearing a case today questioning whether Presidential Immunity is absolute. Trump claims that anything done as President is subject to immunity.
Basically, a President is above the law.

Trump says that a President requires immunity so that he can do his job without fearing prosecution for bad decisions.

But if George Bush brought the nation to war based on lies that he was aware were false…..should he be subject to prosecution?
If a President accepts bribes to influence his presidential decisions, should he be prosecuted?
If a President uses his powers to overturn a lawful election, should he be prosecuted?

But if George Bush brought the nation to war based on lies that he was aware were false…..should he be subject to prosecution?

Congress OVERWHELMINGLY approved of both wars ... and fully funded both ... no crime, so complete immunity ...

Corrupting the honest election in 2020 violates 18 U.S. Code Chapter 29 among many many many others ... these are crimes, not policies ... no immunity ...

The President grabs women by the pussy ... so that's not a crime? ... "equal protection" means I get immunity too ... I'll be hanging out at the local community college if you need me ...

I think that if a President is doing his job within the law, he is immune from prosecution…..just like any other American

However, if he breaks laws while doing his job or does an official act in return for personal gain, he is subject to prosecution
Just like any other American

The Court is hearing a case today questioning whether Presidential Immunity is absolute. Trump claims that anything done as President is subject to immunity.
Nope, he didn't
Trump says that a President requires immunity so that he can do his job without fearing prosecution for bad decisions.

If a President accepts bribes to influence his presidential decisions, should he be prosecuted?
If a President uses his powers to overturn a lawful election, should he be prosecuted?

Presidential immunity doesnt exist. Its something made up by the supreme court.

Biden said

“EVEN EVENTS THAT ‘CROSS THE LINE’ MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD,” he wrote in a Monday post. “ALL PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETE & TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, OR THE AUTHORITY & DECISIVENESS OF A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE STRIPPED & GONE FOREVER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AN EASY DECISION. GOD BLESS THE SUPREME COURT!”

A far cry from what he was saying as recently as 2016

“When she first got in and was named speaker, I met her. And I’m very impressed by her. I think she’s a very impressive person. I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost – it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would’ve been a wonderful thing,” Trump told Blitzer in the interview.

Like, "If you like your plan you can keep your plan."?

Anyway, why isn't the Beast in prison. Oh yeah, because she lost and became inconsequential.

Like, "If you like your plan you can keep your plan."?

Anyway, why isn't the Beast in prison. Oh yeah, because she lost and became inconsequential.
OK
Lets go there

What crimes are you talking about?

I understand Seal Team Six is poised and ready to assassinate Trump at Biden's order depending on the outcome of this case. Should make for an interesting afternoon.

I think that if a President is doing his job within the law, he is immune from prosecution…..just like any other American

However, if he breaks laws while doing his job or does an official act in return for personal gain, he is subject to prosecution
Just like any other American
So we can arrest and prosecute Obama for murdering an American citizen with a US drone strike?.... how about Clinton for blowing up a factory and killing an innocent janitor?...
Dang I can go on and on....

Yup for official acts. Listen a bit more carefully.
Funny listening to Trump this morning vs what his lawyer is arguing before SCOTUS

Trump says he can’t do his job without immunity
His lawyer is separating personal acts from official acts

The court is picking him apart when personal acts that influence official acts

So we can arrest and prosecute Obama for murdering an American citizen with a US drone strike?.... how about Clinton for blowing up a factory and killing an innocent janitor?...
Dang I can go on and on....
You can try if it is an act to murder an innocent American citizen vs collateral damage

An act of war is an official act

I understand Seal Team Six is poised and ready to assassinate Trump at Biden's order depending on the outcome of this case. Should make for an interesting afternoon.
Only if he resists

Funny listening to Trump this morning vs what his lawyer is arguing before SCOTUS
Official acts. Listen to his words. Words matter.
Trump says he can’t do his job without immunity
His lawyer is separating personal acts from official acts

The court is picking him apart when personal acts that influence official acts
Yup. They are trying to figure out where/how to draw the line. All seem to agree the lower Court's rule is ridiculous.

Forum List

Back