Dept Homeland Security buying 450 MILLION hollow point bullets; 175 MILLION rifle rds

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Why Does The Department Of Homeland Security Need 450 MILLION Hollow Point Bullets? - YOLO (you only live once)

Now, I'm all for the military and law enforcement. Huge supporter of both.

I just dont know what to make of the Dept of Homeland Security buying 450 MILLION hollow point bullets. They got 175 MILLION assault rifle rounds also.

Is this the "Civilian Defense Corp" that is as well funded and well trained as the military that Obama dreamed of? I know DHS has ICE, Customs and Border Patrol...but really, how many people a year does ICE, Customs and Border Patrol shoot? Not 450 MILLION, thats for sure.

Before anyone Googles and quickly answers "It's for training moron".........hollow points aren't for training, they are for duty. Nearly every single law enforcement agency uses cheaper "FMJ" rounds for training/practice, and DHS is Law Enforcement.

Hmmm. Just curious.

Is this the "Civilian Defense Corp" that is as well funded and well trained as the military that Obama dreamed of?
I'm pretty sure AmeriCorps, the Peace Corps and the USA Freedom Corps do not fall under the Department of Homeland Security

Not to mention the fact that Obama didn't invent any of those things moron.

Oh, yeah, and your OP is not even justified.
ANOKA, Minn., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- ATK ATK -2.16% announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds

They aren't buying 450 million rounds, they've merely entered into a contract that allows them to buy UP TO that amount over the next 4 years.

Last edited:
It is strange. As a former LE officer, I know hollow points are for duty-only, NOT practice or training. Hollow points are more expensive than FMJ, and the "hollow point" is meant for NOTHING except extra tearing of flesh. Thats why they aren't used to shoot paper targets, the cheaper FMJ's are used for that.

So......450 Million DUTY ONLY rounds? They have 200,000 employees at DHS. Not all carry guns. Most dont I'd assume. Lets say 100,000 do. .40 caliber, 15 rounds per mag, x 3 mags, = 45 rounds per agent. That would outfit 10 Million agents with 45 duty rounds. Hmmm. DHS must be about to hire a LOT of agents haha!!! About 9.9 million more! Thats how they will solve the economic crisis!!!!

Obama never said anything about the Peace Corp or AmeraCorp or any of those. They already existed.

He said, literally, a National Civilian Defense Corp that is as "well funded" (money) and "well trained" as the military (meaning guns and fighting).

Obama never said anything about the Peace Corp or AmeraCorp or any of those. They already existed.

He said, literally, a National Civilian Defense Corp that is as "well funded" (money) and "well trained" as the military (meaning guns and fighting).

It is strange. As a former LE officer, I know hollow points are for duty-only, NOT practice or training. Hollow points are more expensive than FMJ, and the "hollow point" is meant for NOTHING except extra tearing of flesh. Thats why they aren't used to shoot paper targets, the cheaper FMJ's are used for that.

So......450 Million DUTY ONLY rounds? They have 200,000 employees at DHS. Not all carry guns. Most dont I'd assume. Lets say 100,000 do. .40 caliber, 15 rounds per mag, x 3 mags, = 45 rounds per agent. That would outfit 10 Million agents with 45 duty rounds. Hmmm. DHS must be about to hire a LOT of agents haha!!! About 9.9 million more! Thats how they will solve the economic crisis!!!!
They aren't buying 450 million rounds.

Nope. They are just signing a contract for it. Nothing to see here folks, move along....... right through the TSA screenings please, and through the DHS checkpoint beyond that.

What's really funny is that the U.S. has enough nuclear warheads to send the entire planet into nuclear winter hundreds of times over - yet no one seems to mind that.

Nope. They are just signing a contract for it. Nothing to see here folks, move along....... right through the TSA screenings please, and through the DHS checkpoint beyond that.

They aren't signing a contract to buy 450 million rounds.

They have an OPTION to buy UP TO that amount over a 4 year period. An OPTION means they are not obligated to buy ANY rounds at all.

Please - I will insist that you base your argument on fact.

What's really funny is that the U.S. has enough nuclear warheads to send the entire planet into nuclear winter hundreds of times over - yet no one seems to mind that.

No one wants to end humanity. They just want to control it. See: Entire Obama presidency.

They aren't signing a contract to buy 450 million rounds.

They have an OPTION to buy UP TO that amount over a 4 year period. An OPTION means they are not obligated to buy ANY rounds at all.

Please - I will insist that you base your argument on fact.

Yes, I know how governments work and purchase. I worked for a fairly big one down here. And I also know governments ALWAYS buy their allotment of anything they contract to "possibly" buy, and most of the time go beyond that budget. Hence the debt crisis.

If they "can" by 450 million, they probably "will".....and beyond. Unless Barack Obama has all of a sudden embrace fiscal conservatism in his regime.

Obama never said anything about the Peace Corp or AmeraCorp or any of those.

I also demand that you actually read statements in context. That way you will avoid saying something so stupid as you just did.

Obama, July 2, Colorado Springs, CO: [As] president I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots [from 75,000] and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals, like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their effort connected to a common purpose.

People of all ages, stations and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem – they are the answer. So we are going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We’ll call on Americans to join an energy corps, to conduct renewable energy and environmental clean-up projects in their neighborhoods all across the country.

We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, and to be there for our military families. And we’re going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set.

We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
We need to use technology to connect people to service. We’ll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where American can browse opportunities to volunteer. You’ll be able to search by category, time commitment and skill sets. You’ll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities.

This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda and make their own change from the bottom up.

They already existed.
Is he not allowed to talk about things that already exist? LOL!
He said, literally, a National Civilian Defense Corp that is as "well funded"

Yeah - and he was talking about AmeriCorps, the Peace Corps, and USA Freedom Corps - as is clear from the statement in its actual context, above. I'm sorry that FOX News only showed you the underlined statement - and I'm sorry you didn't care to actually read the statement in its context to see he was clearly talking about AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and Freedom Corps.

(money) and "well trained" as the military (meaning guns and fighting).

The meaning you claim in parentheticals isn't actually evident from any of the words he said.

Last edited:
OompaLoompaDoo:

He said "we cannot rely only on the military" for our "national security agenda". Thats what he said. Well, since when can the Peace Corp or those other UNARMED agencies provide NATIONAL SECURITY that we would normally rely on the military for? You fell for left wing speech hypnosis. Bury the agenda amongst a sea of harmless shit like the Peace Corp.

I'll sort through the shit for you:

1- We can't keep relying only on the military for....
2- ....our National Security agenda......
3- ....meaning we need some group to do what the military would....

That adds up to a Civilian Defense Corp, which would do what the military would normally be expected do (If, as Obama said, we can't only rely on the military). So...a civilian corp to do a job the military would do, meaning they'll need guns right?

You are far too trusting of such a dictator-like president. God we need Romney to win and slow this mess down.

No one wants to end humanity. They just want to control it. See: Entire Obama presidency.

That's incorrect. Many Conservatives do see an "endtime" for humanity. Hence the support for Israel.

Forum List

Back