musings on statements made

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
batboy had a thread...i was speaking on how i didnt not believe in killing...another pagan said....

"There are many instances that killing is not only acceptable but also a requirement, to think otherwise is to live in a dream world."

i have pondered this. Kitten's statement is correct. Pagans tend to be peaceful as we are scattered like children of the dust with no country.
My beliefs are abide the laws of thoses you live with. But does that mean one lower's one standards when the law lowers it's standards? I think not.

so in my mind's eye...i imagine...a village of pagans...if attacked...what the reaction would be? (history sidenote here: druid priests were great warriors who went thru tests that may have killed up to 90% of those who attempted it. but who can real;u say....truth or myth...so far gone are those times)

as i said...kitten, i would kill to protect my son, to prevent the killing of an innocent...but i would step aside when evil challenges evil...let rubbish kill itself out nor would i kill someone who has killed...in my way...perhaps the fear of death is not as fearful as isolation. shunning or exiling has long been used to deal with those who were not adding to the community...to me that would seem a much more painful existence than instant death...

but no village would allow it's self to be attacked. the stronger will win, that would make sense, correct? but is there any winner in death, only charon.
yet, to kill an individual for whatever reasons..does not appeal to me. Human life has no merit in these times, crack heads will kill just for the hell of it.

i do not pretend nor do i live in a dream world....put me in charge and you will have employment in supermaxs...prisons build where there is rare human contact....everything is done by remote ..with even food trays being served by non humans...(ooohh i love going all sci fi sometimes) but the technology is there to do this.

one of dr k's final steps in his master plan...was the harvesting of organs...i would allow shunned ones to do that...to give their lives for others in hopes of growing..that would be the only way out...but again that would be if i were in charge....it makes no sense to me to lock souls away then ask others to care for them...more importantly risking their lives in doing so....after all once you are serving life..there is no reason not to kill again...life is cheap...

i think the breakdown of societies is tied to the break down of the family...where as families were once important ties..and the self rightousness of this society...one thing i have learned on message boards...

all women have divorced a man cause he beat her....

all men have divorce a woman cause she cheated....

rationalizations and justifications...sometimes i wonder how people can seat themselves on that moral high horse when the stats show we are simply a society of serial monogomy..going from one partner to another...switching every few years...look around you at the people you know and tell me that is not what is happening?

i am so rambling...i will stop for now....

All that's great until the whole organ harvesting and non-human contact shit.

All that's great until the whole organ harvesting and non-human contact shit.

why? explain why this is worse than simply killing them? or should we care that it is worse? is the whole idea not to inflict the max on them..take their lives is that not the "worse" one can do to another...well no I do not think it is....

why not allow shunned to give up their lives..when so many people die waiting on organs...dont do a drive by....say how you feel and why?

2429948367_345483ea4c.jpg

so in my mind's eye...i imagine...a village of pagans...if attacked...what the reaction would be? (history sidenote here: druid priests were great warriors who went thru tests that may have killed up to 90% of those who attempted it. but who can real;u say....truth or myth...so far gone are those times).

Since most of your post is clearly opinion I have little to say about it myself, but this one part has proven that the pacifism of pagans has lead to our downfall in a few instances, the most prominent one being the Ancient Egyptians. They were pacifists (in spite of what the lame book said about them) and because of this their military was not even close to ready to fight off the Romans. Others include the Scotts and a few more in Europe. Though those who were not pacifists seem to just vanish, Incans and Mayans, so ... who is to say, I believe the middle ground is the ONLY way and that the warmonger cultures with pagan dominance destroyed themselves because of being warmongers (kinda like what's happening here in the US).

why? explain why this is worse than simply killing them? or should we care that it is worse? is the whole idea not to inflict the max on them..take their lives is that not the "worse" one can do to another...well no I do not think it is....

why not allow shunned to give up their lives..when so many people die waiting on organs...dont do a drive by....say how you feel and why?

I agree--keep them by themselves so they can't continue to infect others. Great idea.

Because it would be corrupted by people who would convince people to give up their lives.

Besides which..I wasn't aware we had a "shunned" population...

Additionally, very, very few people in prison have organs worth harvesting. Too much hep and a variety of other very nasty things in that population.

Because it would be corrupted by people who would convince people to give up their lives.

ahh remember no human contact...no one is gonna be convincing anyone...a dead body always has worth...even if for nothing more than the body farm...
Besides which..I wasn't aware we had a "shunned" population...

did you miss the part where I was in charge?

Additionally, very, very few people in prison have organs worth harvesting. Too much hep and a variety of other very nasty things in that population.

perhaps we can learn to produce fuel from human bodies....soylent green 99 cents...(what the fuck happen to the cents symbol)

so kitten is it our pacifism that kills us off....or our joy in war? i am not sure where you landed on that?

so kitten is it our pacifism that kills us off....or our joy in war? i am not sure where you landed on that?

I interpret it as both extremes lead to extinction. Another argument for balance I'd say.

We will call you Cygnus, the god of balance you shall be...

We can walk a road together
if our goals are all the same.
We can run alone and free
if we pursue a different aim.
Let the truth of love be lighted
let the love of truth shine clear.
Sensibility, armed with sense and liberty
with the heart and mind united
in a single, perfect sphere.

Forum List

Back