Totally rediculous law suit....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013

Anyone who's that sensitive to dairy products is completely stupid if they don't inspect their food before they eat it. I would not be surprised at all if this guy set this up knowing he could sue.... I know the claims are that he was near death but I'll guarantee you that he's made this mistake before. How do we know that the burger ordered wasn't for his girlfriend instead and he simply grabbed the wrong burger? It's actually pretty rich that he did the ordering online so that it was an established record all set to go into court with.

Here is wishing the guy the best milkshake money can buy. This is the kind of bullshit that punishes everyone else.

Jo

Last edited:

Anyone who's that sensitive to dairy products is completely stupid if they don't inspect their food before they eat it. I would not be surprised at all if this guy set this up knowing he could sue.... I know the claims are that he was near death but I'll guarantee you that he's made this mistake before. How do we know that the burger ordered wasn't for his girlfriend instead and he simply grabbed the wrong burger? It's actually pretty rich that he did the ordering online so that it was an established record all set to go into court with.

He is wishing the guy the best milkshake money can buy. This is the kind of bullshit that punishes everyone else.

Jo

I don't like pickles. At McDonalds it seems like if I order something with no pickles, I still get pickles, it comes plain with nothing on it, or once, it had extra pickles. maybe 1 in 5 times they get it right. They churn through a lot of orders and only glance at them. I learned just to take the pickles off myself and fling them out the car window like civilized people and stop fighting the grill order glitch at McD's. I don't think his suggestion that customers be able to clarify a food allergy on their order is unreasonable.

I don't like pickles. At McDonalds it seems like if I order something with no pickles, I still get pickles, it comes plain with nothing on it, or once, it had extra pickles. maybe 1 in 5 times they get it right. They churn through a lot of orders and only glance at them. I learned just to take the pickles off myself and fling them out the car window like civilized people and stop fighting the grill order glitch at McD's. I don't think his suggestion that customers be able to clarify a food allergy on their order is unreasonable.
Considering the risk I'm surprised that restaurants agree to serve anyone that's got a food allergy. Hell this guy could walk into a place where milkshake was spilled on a table get some of that invisible residue on his hands and then eat a french fry that kills him.

Having said that while I don't go to fast food restaurants very often I always open the bag and count everything and check to make sure I got what I ordered because the language barriers are so bad now You're almost guaranteed to get something you didn't order or be missing something that you did order.

I'm surprised this guy's insurance company doesn't give him some kind of a strict talking to about being more careful at fast food restaurants. To a certain extent a person is responsible for themselves. Somebody with this kind of allergy eating at a fast food restaurant is tantamount to a teenager driving a hot rod 130 mph down the highway when it comes to risk factor.

Jo

Here is wishing the guy the best milkshake money can buy. This is the kind of bullshit that punishes everyone else.

Jo

Fake lawsuit time. People with allergies that severe are not so careless about where they eat.

Considering the risk I'm surprised that restaurants agree to serve anyone that's got a food allergy. Hell this guy could walk into a place where milkshake was spilled on a table get some of that invisible residue on his hands and then eat a french fry that kills him.

Having said that while I don't go to fast food restaurants very often I always open the bag and count everything and check to make sure I got what I ordered because the language barriers are so bad now You're almost guaranteed to get something you didn't order or be missing something that you did order.

I'm surprised this guy's insurance company doesn't give him some kind of a strict talking to about being more careful at fast food restaurants. To a certain extent a person is responsible for themselves. Somebody with this kind of allergy eating at a fast food restaurant is tantamount to a teenager driving a hot rod 130 mph down the highway when it comes to risk factor.

Jo
I have seen restaurants post signs and have it on their website that they cannot accommodate people with any food allergies but that was overseas so I am not sure if the laws do or don't allow that here. Personally, if I had a food allergy that would sent me into shock, I probably wouldn't eat out period, especially that one. I am not sure I have heard of anyone having that strong of a reaction to dairy before.

Jo
If a single slice of American Cheese can send him into anaphylaxis then he should be opening every burger (and everything else) he orders.

For that matter how much milk is in a slice of pasteurized processed american cheese food product anyway?

Forum List

Back