On The Rising Danger of Democratic Lawfare

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016
5 Feb 2024 ~~ By Alex Berenson

Even dictatorships have judges.
Which doesn’t mean they have justice.
Democrats appear ever-more enamored with “lawfare” — a term that hardly existed before Donald Trump was elected president in 2016 — as they try to keep Trump from returning to the White House.
Left-wing politicians, prosecutors, and lawyers may be sincere when they say they believe Trump is an existential threat to democracy who must be stopped by any means necessary. But they would be wise not to become what they fear.
The Democratic effort to twist the legal system has accelerated in the last few months. Trump and his most ardent supporters now face an unrelenting flow of civil and criminal cases, some of which at best stretch legal theories to their limits. But judges in blue cities and states have been notably reluctant to push back on them.
~Snip~
So now you know! If former Biden officials don’t want to have to testify before Congress, “the institutional interests of the White House” take precedent, and the Biden Department of Justice will not prosecute. But if a Trump appointee wants to avoid telling the truth under oath, well, the law is what it is, and we are all subject to its majesty and might.
Did I say “all”?
I meant almost all.

Commentary:
For four years, Trump has had the opportunity to “be the existential threat to Democracy.” Instead there was world peace and a stable growing economy. Of course The Stupid Party does not challenge the DNCCP's mantra.

Having to abide by the Constitution, which Doc7505 and excalibur call 'lawfare', is the American way.

They can expatriate if they don't like it.

Having to abide by the Constitution, which Doc7505 and excalibur call 'lawfare', is the American way.

They can expatriate if they don't like it.

What part of the constitution allowed Biden to steal classified documents and store them in his unsecured garage for years?

5 Feb 2024 ~~ By Alex Berenson

Even dictatorships have judges.
Which doesn’t mean they have justice.
Democrats appear ever-more enamored with “lawfare” — a term that hardly existed before Donald Trump was elected president in 2016 — as they try to keep Trump from returning to the White House.
Left-wing politicians, prosecutors, and lawyers may be sincere when they say they believe Trump is an existential threat to democracy who must be stopped by any means necessary. But they would be wise not to become what they fear.
The Democratic effort to twist the legal system has accelerated in the last few months. Trump and his most ardent supporters now face an unrelenting flow of civil and criminal cases, some of which at best stretch legal theories to their limits. But judges in blue cities and states have been notably reluctant to push back on them.
~Snip~
So now you know! If former Biden officials don’t want to have to testify before Congress, “the institutional interests of the White House” take precedent, and the Biden Department of Justice will not prosecute. But if a Trump appointee wants to avoid telling the truth under oath, well, the law is what it is, and we are all subject to its majesty and might.
Did I say “all”?
I meant almost all.

Commentary:
For four years, Trump has had the opportunity to “be the existential threat to Democracy.” Instead there was world peace and a stable growing economy. Of course The Stupid Party does not challenge the DNCCP's mantra.

So none of the criminal charges are appropriate in your eyes?

So, let me get this straight. Lawfare is the method which our Democrat election fraudsters use to falsely accuse and hopefully bankrupt their biggest political opponent, Donald Trump. That doesn't sound anything like America, even though it's a perfect picture of Marxist Democrats. Back to MAGA.

Point out the false equivalency?

First. It has been my belief that humans make mistakes. I can easily imagine someone accidentally putting files in the wrong boxes. Accidentally taking classified documents because they were in the wrong stack of files. Ok. Mistakes happen.

It is what you do when the mistake is discovered that matters most. Do you admit the mistake and notify someone? Pence and Biden did that. They called and reported it immediately.

Let’s compare shall we to Trump’s actions.

The National Archives who is not responsible for Classified documents told the Trump team to secure those files and call the FBI. The FBI called Trump and asked for the documents back. Trump said he didn’t have any.

The FBI sent a letter asking for the files back. Team Trump wrote back that there were no files.

The FBI interviewed some people and convinced that there were files got a Subpoena from a judge. Team Trump hid the files and said there were none in their response.

Finally after more interviews the FBI got a search warrant and found the files.

Now of course we hear how Trump could have declassified them with a thought. He hasn’t responded that way In any official filing has he?

I’m willing to forgive a mistake. Humans make them. Pence and Biden apparently made the same mistake. I’m not saying Pence committed a crime. No one is. But Pence responded very differently than Trump did.

If Trump had discovered them and reported it and turned them in I wouldn’t be saying boo. Just as I am not with Pence and Biden. Because we are human and we fuck things up by mistake. And I have always believed in forgiving an honest mistake.

But you can’t claim Trump made an honest mistake can you?

First. It has been my belief that humans make mistakes. I can easily imagine someone accidentally putting files in the wrong boxes. Accidentally taking classified documents because they were in the wrong stack of files. Ok. Mistakes happen.

It is what you do when the mistake is discovered that matters most. Do you admit the mistake and notify someone? Pence and Biden did that. They called and reported it immediately.

Biden had classified documents that were only to have been viewed in a SCIF, so those can't be explained away as having been an accident or mistake.

Biden had classified documents that were only to have been viewed in a SCIF, so those can't be explained away as having been an accident or mistake.

He got those while as Vice President which means they were carried to his office or his official residence. He got them by direction of the President. The same way Pence got the files he found later.

But I notice one other thing. You don’t deny that Trump acted very differently.

So you admit that Trump obstructed Justice by actively hiding the files. You are admitting that Trump lied to Federal Agents and the Courts. All to keep files he wasn’t supposed to have anymore.

You object to Trump being charged for what he did after he left office, and demand Biden be charged while he is in.

As I said. False Equivalency. I would find Biden and Pence not guilty based upon the information we have now. Would you find Trump Guilty based upon what we know now?

Forum List

Back