Most Palestinians Prefer Israel To A Palestinian State

MJB -

Here is a brief history of the city of Jericho. You might find it informative.

Rather than just deny thousands of years of history that any tourist to the region can clearly see with their own eyes, please take a look at this and maybe consider reading the book suggested above.

Jericho, by then named "Ariha" in Arabic variation, fell under the Bilad al-Sham in district (jund) "al-Filastin". The Arab Muslim historian Musa b. 'Uqba (d. 141 / 758) recorded that caliph 'Umar exiled the Jews and Christians of Khaybar into Jericho (and Tayma).[27]

By 659 that district had come under the control of Mu'awiya, founder of the Umayyads as a dynasty. That year, an earthquake struck Jericho and destroyed nearly all of it.[28] A decade later the pilgrim Arculf visited Jericho and found it a ruin, all its "miserable Canaanite" inhabitants now dispersed in shantytowns around the Dead Sea shore.[29]

The tenth caliph of that dynasty, Hisham ibn Abd al-Malik, built a palatial complex known as Khirbet al-Mafjar about one mile north of Tell as-Sultan in 743, and two mosques, a courtyard, mosaics, and other items from it can still be seen in situ today, despite its having been partially destroyed in an earthquake in 747.

Umayyad rule ended in 750 and was followed by the Arab caliphates of the Abbasid and Fatimid dynasties. Irrigated agriculture was developed under Islamic rule, reaffirming Jericho's reputation as a fertile "City of the Palms".[30] Al-Maqdisi, the Arab geographer, wrote in 985 that, "the water of Jericho is held to be the highest and best in all Islam. Bananas are plentiful, also dates and flowers of fragrant odor."[31] Jericho is also referred to by him as one of the principal cities of Jund Filastin.[32]

The city flourished until 1071 and the invasion of the Seljuk Turks, followed by the upheavals of the Crusades.

Jericho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe that what so upset you was my statement --- "As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land." Is that correct?

Not true. The Immigration of Arabs was said to be insignificant in its increased population. Of the immigration to Palestine only a few percent were Arabs.

The Arab population decreased from about 93% at the turn of the century to about 65% by 1948.

Palestine produced a surplus of food that was exported to other Arab countries and Europe.

I believe that what so upset you was my statement --- "As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land." Is that correct?

Not true. The Immigration of Arabs was said to be insignificant in its increased population. Of the immigration to Palestine only a few percent were Arabs.

The Arab population decreased from about 93% at the turn of the century to about 65% by 1948.

Palestine produced a surplus of food that was exported to other Arab countries and Europe.

That sounds about right.

There were five distinct waves of Jewish migration into Palestine from 1882 to the beginning of WWII, which would have had a massive impact on local demographics.

1 First Aliyah (1882–1903)
2 Second Aliyah (1904–1914)
3 Third Aliyah (1919–1923)
4 Fourth Aliyah (1924–1929)
5 Fifth Aliyah (1929–1939)

How about we consider documented facts? As you can see, in 1948 there were approximately 1.2 million Palestinians living in Israel. And today there are only just under 6 million of them left. It's the "slow but steady" Israeli genocide of Palestinians we hear about.

Population Statistics - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

How about we consider documented facts? As you can see, in 1948 there were approximately 1.2 million Palestinians living in Israel. And today there are only just under 6 million of them left. It's the "slow but steady" Israeli genocide of Palestinians we hear about.

Population Statistics - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

Ethnic cleansing isn't numbers. It is location.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEe4vHt7GmQ]Palestinian Loss of Land - YouTube[/ame]

Get serious. As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land.

That is largely true, yes, of course.

The Palestinian exodus began with the creation of the state of Israel, and then continued through Jordan and Golan as the Palestinians were "moved on" to Lebanon in Black September.

It does sometimes amaze me what you don't know - I doubt you learn anything.
Saigoon started that thread about the mid-East and I mentioned the historical novel "Exodus" and got a lecture about not making 200 posts to clog up the thread. I was going to go on about Micheners historical novel, "The Covenant" and suggest reading the two books to have a good understanding about how the countrys of Israel and South Africa were formed. It would explain how people turned barren lands into productive lands which caused others to claim ownership and want possession,using the same arguments of today.Also to have an understanding of how apartheid began and why.Then I would go on to explain my interest in the ME. So I realized Saigoon simply wasn't interested in that because he had ulterior motives. And then I thought, "Piss on it." That's where it stands. finito.
I changed 'dozens' to 200.Went back and read my original post.

Please be careful. If we educate Saigon we may lose him on this board.

Get serious. As soon as Israel turned the wasteland into a thriving metropolis, here came hoards of Palestinians to claim it is their land.
Saigoon started that thread about the mid-East and I mentioned the historical novel "Exodus" and got a lecture about not making 200 posts to clog up the thread. I was going to go on about Micheners historical novel, "The Covenant" and suggest reading the two books to have a good understanding about how the countrys of Israel and South Africa were formed. It would explain how people turned barren lands into productive lands which caused others to claim ownership and want possession,using the same arguments of today.Also to have an understanding of how apartheid began and why.Then I would go on to explain my interest in the ME. So I realized Saigoon simply wasn't interested in that because he had ulterior motives. And then I thought, "Piss on it." That's where it stands. finito.

Please be careful. If we educate Saigon we may lose him on this board.

Worse yet, he could dial his bomb vest in a crowed sauna.

Educate yourself, Tinhead. You know less than nothing about the facts of life.

What do expect, honorable actions from the completely dishonored?

The idiot got caught in 3 consecutive lies, and is still claiming that there are no anti-tank rockets in gaza.

That dogshit is an example of the weakness in the forum, the quality of pro-arab poster is very low.

Hossfly -

You never did post your experience of the Middle East - which I did invite you to do so.

Your original post did imply you were about to help JStone close the thread down with spam - my apology if I misinterpreted it.

I invite both you and MJB to tell us your bakground in the ME, how you became interested in it, etc.

That is absolute nonsense of course, and I'm sure you don't believe it yourself.

The cities of Jericho, Akko, Jaffa and Jerusalem were thriving trading posts for literally hundreds of years before the First Aliya (1899 - 1901), and with a Jewish population which rarely exceeded 10%. At times, th Jewish population of Israel may have been as low as 2,000 people.

This is a plain, simple historical fact, and arguing otherwise is pointless.

Here is a book I found useful:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/The-Population-Palestine-Statistics-Institute/dp/0231071108]Amazon.com: The Population of Palestine: Population History and Statistics of the Late Ottoman Period and the Mandate (Institute for Palestine Studies Series) (9780231071109): Justin McCarthy: Books[/ame]

MJB -

Still waiting for a reply to this. No one here is denying the Palestinian population has risen since 1948, hence you don't need to argue the point.

That sounds about right.

There were five distinct waves of Jewish migration into Palestine from 1882 to the beginning of WWII, which would have had a massive impact on local demographics.

1 First Aliyah (1882–1903)
2 Second Aliyah (1904–1914)
3 Third Aliyah (1919–1923)
4 Fourth Aliyah (1924–1929)
5 Fifth Aliyah (1929–1939)

MJB -

You seemed to have missed this post as well - or do you just skip by any post which answers your questions?

Hossfly -

You never did post your experience of the Middle East - which I did invite you to do so.

Your original post did imply you were about to help JStone close the thread down with spam - my apology if I misinterpreted it.

I invite both you and MJB to tell us your bakground in the ME, how you became interested in it, etc.

MJB just dreams of killing arabs, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

Hossfly -

MJB just dreams of killing arabs, anytime, anywhere, anyhow.

^^^^^^^^^^

anti-semitic loon say what?

Why is it you can't even stay on topic when you debate? On the thread titled Palestinian Contributions To Peace, Mankind & Civilization all I asked you for is to list some & your reply is -- how many books I have read by Palestinian authors? Yep, you are one tough debater. Heh Heh.

Jillian -

There are racist extremists on both sides on this thread, unfortunately. Neither contribute much to the debate.

Why is it you can't even stay on topic when you debate? On the thread titled Palestinian Contributions To Peace, Mankind & Civilization all I asked you for is to list some & your reply is -- how many books I have read by Palestinian authors? Yep, you are one tough debater. Heh Heh.

Jillian -

There are racist extremists on both sides on this thread, unfortunately. Neither contribute much to the debate.
Master Debater, PhD.

MJB -

Which Palestinian authors have you read?

You asked for Palestinian contributions to the world - obviously literature is an important part of that, so its very relevent to know what you have already read.

I will happily recommend Palestinian authors for you to read, but I will ask that you commit to reading them.

Alternatively, you can admit that you actually have 0 interest in the topic of your own thread.

Okay, let me try to dumb this down for you. The thread is titled Most Palestinians Prefer Israel To A Palestinian State. Read your books by Palestinian authors & just tell us --- why is that?

MJB -

Which Palestinian authors have you read?

You asked for Palestinian contributions to the world - obviously literature is an important part of that, so its very relevent to know what you have already read.

I will happily recommend Palestinian authors for you to read, but I will ask that you commit to reading them.

Alternatively, you can admit that you actually have 0 interest in the topic of your own thread.

Forum List

Back