Israel Don't Retaliate!

It can only be seen as an act of offense if you believe it is ok for Iran to be directing attacks through its proxies.
It isn’t about whether it is ok or not…it is about how far nations can go before crossing lines into open conflict where the consequences are much higher.

I don’t know that they are clear lines, but red lines that each nation individually has in addition to what ever international laws and agreements they are party to. Look at what started WW1.

Just one example…the US has engaged in multiple proxy conflicts…funding insurgent groups etc. Not sure if Israel has but wouldn’t be surprised because many nations, with means, probably do. Given that: Cuba, Nicaragua, Iran and Columbia would be fully justified in bombing our embassies as a “defensive” maneuver.

Not taking out the Iranian general who was directing this would send a clear message to Iran that Israel thinks it's ok.
Israel has systematically been taking out Iranian generals in Syria for years and two things are apparent: there is no shortage of them, and they never had to bomb an embassy to do so.

The only clear message is this: Israel grossly miscalculated in thinking Iran wouldn’t respond by a direct attack on Israeli soil and Iran, for multiple reasons including the fact that an embassy is sovereign territory, felt it had to.

This was a bad miscalculation…no other way to view it.

Clearly, striking at Iran's proxies does not deter Iran from sending more proxies.

Nor does killing their generals apparently.

Gaza is a wasteland, southern Lebanon soon will be, Syria is a failed state, and Iran stands untouched by the devastation it has caused in the ME. It is time for Iran to learn what war is all about first hand.
The devastation in the ME is not solely on Iran, not at all. There are many players who have had a role including the US and Russia. Our own incredibly stupid invasion of Iraq removed a significant counter balance to Iran’s regional hegemony. Why is anyone surprised at what is going on now?

All I saw when I glanced at your latest rant is the lies you attributed to me.

SHUT UP
Do you want us to be directly pulled in to this conflict?

Do you want Jordon, Egypt and other regional powers to be dragged in?

How big do you want this conflict to be and how will that help Israel? Do think it will fracture alliances?

I disagree. I do not think that Israel Iran to respond in this way.

Proxies provide nations with “deniability”…they can sell weapons to them, as we do, but with no boots on the ground, no military participation, I suspect defense treaties aren’t regarded as violated or we would have engulfed in multiple wars by now. I’m no foreign policy expert, doubt you are either.

Israel miscalculated: it forced Iran into a position of having to respond directly and it potentially could have forced us into supporting an offensive move on the part of Israel, taking the conflict outside of Israel. I’m glad Biden drew a clear line on that.

Do you want us dragged into a direct conflict with Iran?
First off, let's be clear, the Iranian attack was a humiliating failure. The net result of it was some damage to a non essential part of one airbase, a shrapnel would to a seven year old Arab Israeli girl and a couple of dozen Israelis treated for anxiety. If this was supposed to intimidate Israel, it has had the opposite effect. The only miscalculation is that Israel expected a much bigger attack than Iran was able to produce.

Iran does not sell weapons to Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad or the Houthi, it gives them weapons and directs how they use them. The general who was blown up in Syria was directing attacks on Israel and whatever Iran calls the building he was working in was a legitimate target since it was being used for military purposes.

Iran can claim all the deniability it wants, but without Iran, there would be no war between Israel and Lebanon, no war in Gaza and no missile from the Houthi trying to close down commerce in the Red Sea.

First off, let's be clear, the Iranian attack was a humiliating failure. The net result of it was some damage to a non essential part of one airbase, a shrapnel would to a seven year old Arab Israeli girl and a couple of dozen Israelis treated for anxiety. If this was supposed to intimidate Israel, it has had the opposite effect. The only miscalculation is that Israel expected a much bigger attack than Iran was able to produce.

Iran does not sell weapons to Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad or the Houthi, it gives them weapons and directs how they use them. The general who was blown up in Syria was directing attacks on Israel and whatever Iran calls the building he was working in was a legitimate target since it was being used for military purposes.

Iran can claim all the deniability it wants, but without Iran, there would be no war between Israel and Lebanon, no war in Gaza and no missile from the Houthi trying to close down commerce in the Red Sea.
Had Trump won, NONE of this would have happened.

Smash Hezbollah instead
Are you sure? Trump says they are very smart.

It isn’t about whether it is ok or not…it is about how far nations can go before crossing lines into open conflict where the consequences are much higher.

I don’t know that they are clear lines, but red lines that each nation individually has in addition to what ever international laws and agreements they are party to. Look at what started WW1.

Just one example…the US has engaged in multiple proxy conflicts…funding insurgent groups etc. Not sure if Israel has but wouldn’t be surprised because many nations, with means, probably do. Given that: Cuba, Nicaragua, Iran and Columbia would be fully justified in bombing our embassies as a “defensive” maneuver.

Israel has systematically been taking out Iranian generals in Syria for years and two things are apparent: there is no shortage of them, and they never had to bomb an embassy to do so.

The only clear message is this: Israel grossly miscalculated in thinking Iran wouldn’t respond by a direct attack on Israeli soil and Iran, for multiple reasons including the fact that an embassy is sovereign territory, felt it had to.

This was a bad miscalculation…no other way to view it.

Nor does killing their generals apparently.

The devastation in the ME is not solely on Iran, not at all. There are many players who have had a role including the US and Russia. Our own incredibly stupid invasion of Iraq removed a significant counter balance to Iran’s regional hegemony. Why is anyone surprised at what is going on now?
Blah, blah, blah. Israel's new red line is if Iran continues to direct missile fire into Israel from Iranian proxies, Iran is going to have to eat some missiles, itself.

Th
Are you sure? Trump says they are very smart.

That is why there are “ Smart Bombs “

STAY ON TOPIC!

REMINDER FOR ZONE 2:
If your reply is going to discuss a forum member, it does NOT belong here!

If your reply is going to be all about trying out slang, name calling, whatever "new" word/phrase you came up with meant as an insult, put downs, etc it does NOT belong here!
If your reply is meant to derail the thread, it does NOT belong here!

Take all of the above downstairs where they belong!

Get. Real.

Iran gave a 72 hr heads up notice, including to the US.
Iran aimed at military bases where it claimed the missiles that hit the embassy were fired from.

If Iran wanted to set off a truly devastating attack, it certainly could have. This was an unprecedented, but measured direct response to Israel’s attack on one of it’s embassies in another country.

Put. Your. Victim. Card. Down.
And the fact that the Iranian General that Israel targeted and killed was behind the October Hamas massacre doesn't fit into your analysis?

And the fact that the Iranian General that Israel targeted and killed was behind the October Hamas massacre doesn't fit into your analysis?
Yes. The fact that Iran gave a heads-up doesn’t absolve them of the fact that launched an unprecedented Islamic terrorist attack against Israel.

Seems the antisemites keep looking for any reason to excuse the Muslim terrorists and blame the Jews. They keep talking about how Israel attacked a “sovereign embassy,” IGNORING that’s where terrorists were planning the logistics of weapon transfers to the Hezbollah terrorists.

No. Not hitting an embassy. They could have targeted him elsewhere. I didn’t see any reference to the target being behind 10/7 though, just a sr commander tied to Hezbollah?

Blah, blah, blah. Israel's new red line is if Iran continues to direct missile fire into Israel from Iranian proxies, Iran is going to have to eat some missiles, itself.
Don’t assume ally support. Thanks for the bumper sticker response, at least I won’t waste time on you.

Why would you think that? There is no evidence Israel anticipated this level of response and quite likely Iran could have produced a much more devastating attack (given what is known about their capabilities) if it had wanted to, it would not have given a 72 hr heads up.

To quote you: blah blah blah

Agree. But targeting of embassies in an already tense conflict is not the solution nor a good precedent to cheer. Israel has the capability for extremely precise strikes, it could have taken the target out elsewhere and there no one would have said much.

Do you want us dragged in to a direct conflict?

If I was Israel, I'd take this opportunity to eliminate Iranian nuke facilities.
They've done it before on a smaller scale.
They might be discussing that. Iran launched an unprecedented attack against Israel, giving a big FU to Biden, and now that they see Biden wants to just let the Islamic terrorist attack “pass,” they might be tempted to do even more damage in the future. It would be a pre-emptive strike against the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world, and they would be doing everyone a favor.

A dangerous Muslim terrorist state like Iran should have had its nuke facilities taken out years ago.

They might be discussing that. Iran launched an unprecedented attack against Israel, giving a big FU to Biden, and now that they see Biden wants to just let the Islamic terrorist attack “pass,” they might be tempted to do even more damage in the future. It would be a pre-emptive strike against the largest state sponsor of terrorism in the world, and they would be doing everyone a favor.

A dangerous Muslim terrorist state like Iran should have had its nuke facilities taken out years ago.
Do you want us involved in a direct conflict?

Forum List

Back