MI Moving to a Right to Work State!!! Congrats!!!

Spoken like a true idiot with no knowlage of how the world out side New York works.....Hey tell me how that $3000 a month closet is going? Do you think cause they make more money they are better off? All you have to do is look at your own pathetic city to see what happens to cost of living with absurd wages.

Before I worked here, I lived in GA for 31 years and TN for 3. I know all too well what goes on in right to work states. My own mother was just such a casualty when she became "too expensive" in her 50's (just after receiving a plaque, bonus and raise for "15 years of excellent service"). They replaced her w/someone making $10/ hour two weeks later. They couldn't do the job, of course. You know very well that NYC is not expensive due to wages, moron. It's due to scarcity of Real Estate. Wages HAVE to be higher here so that people can afford to LIVE here.

Last edited:
Hey dumb fuck I had to move to get a job cause the union strangled businesses out of Michigan.

It wasn't the unions. It was that no one wanted to buy their shitty American cars. Unions don't design cars.

Do you think cause they make more money they are better off?

Yes, you fucking moron. They are better off making more money. The middle class was better off when they were making more money... before the war on labor began in the 70's.

The Standard Oil trust was busted because it had a monopoly on oil.

A monopoly on labor seems even worse ...almost slavery. Neither Unions, Corporations, nor Governments should have a monopoly on labor.

Free the Individual.

Good for Michigan.
It's funny though... cause I remember reading in both high school and college when unions first formed... they really were about having work be fair for the workers.

But now... thugs. The whole lot of them.

Way to go! Step in the right direction to save another state from Union Thuggery that destroys industries and decimates our manufacturing sector!!!

Politics: Michigan's Governor, Rick Snyder, announces right-to-work fight | CainTV
After living under the tax-and-spend yoke of Jennifer Granholm for eight years, Michigan was in complete financial disarray. The state changed course in 2011, after placing Republican Rick Snyder in the Governor's mansion. In just one year, he managed to begin the turnaround, posting a $457 million surplus. Since then, most believe he's done a solid job of steering Michigan toward a better future.

Snyder has announced that he wants to see Michigan's legislature pass right a right-to-work bill, and that he'll definitely sign it when it makes it to his office.

According to State House Speaker Jase Bolger, the move is a no-brainer. "Workers," he said, "deserve the freedom to decide which organizations they want to join and which organizations they do not want to join. These are values that should unite us, they should not divide us."

The new law would affect almost 20% of Michigan's workforce, though it would include exemptions for police and firefighter unions. These organizations are protected by existing law and the state constitution.

Given that GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all headquartered in the Detroit area, the repercussions are as much national as they are local. While spoiled, union-controlled, Detroit leadership demands a federal bailout, the rest of us have been fighting to free the area from their influence. In a state where the unions have spent eighty years cementing their power and buying their influence, you can rest assured that the battle is about to get very, very, nasty.

Just imagine a Michigan, and a big three, that had finally been relieved of an unalterable adherence to oppressive, lopsided, union contracts.

Sounds like you're picking your nose again...

Do you think cause they make more money they are better off?

Yes, you fucking moron. They are better off making more money. The middle class was better off when they were making more money... before the war on labor began in the 70's.

Lazy, fat and greedy unions caused the war on labor you fool.
And their enemy were the Japanese.
They worked harder, for less $$ and stayed healthier.
Fat, lazy and out of shape greedy union retirees FUCKED THEMSELVES, and more importantly, they gave the middle finger to the workers behind them.
They took it all and said FUCK YOU, WE GOT OURS to the next generation.

The greatest jump in income for the middle class was when Unions were at their strongest. Since 1980 the republicans have systematically tried to curb union rights. Since then the middle class wages have stagnated while corporations profits have hit all time highs. The tragedy in all of this is that the conservatives have convinced their middle class sychophants that other middle class union members are the cause do their troubles. It's an amazing job of political propoganda that pits two economic simLilar groups against each other while the well to do look down and laugh their asses off.

Hey dumb fuck I had to move to get a job cause the union strangled businesses out of Michigan.

It wasn't the unions. It was that no one wanted to buy their shitty American cars. Unions don't design cars.

American made vehicles are typically in the top 20 manufacturers on the planet. I'm going to have to neg if this lie continues.

Spoken like a true idiot with no knowlage of how the world out side New York works.....Hey tell me how that $3000 a month closet is going? Do you think cause they make more money they are better off? All you have to do is look at your own pathetic city to see what happens to cost of living with absurd wages.

Before I worked here, I lived in GA for 31 years and TN for 3. I know all too well what goes on in right to work states. My own mother was just such a casualty when she became "too expensive" in her 50's (just after receiving a plaque, bonus and raise for "15 years of excellent service"). They replaced her w/someone making $10/ hour two weeks later. They couldn't do the job, of course. You know very well that NYC is not expensive due to wages, moron. It's due to scarcity of Real Estate. Wages HAVE to be higher here so that people can afford to LIVE here.

My 25 year old son just closed TODAY on a 175K home here.
He works and makes 50K a year NON UNION with benefits.
No offense to you or your family but everyone that makes minimum wage is unskilled, has no skills and in most cases has a bad attitude and work ethic.
Wages are what the market demands ALWAYS.
Want a higher wage. HVAC 40K a year to start. Plumbing, 36 a year to start Auto mechanic 40K a year to start. on and on and on and on.
THOSE JOBS ARE IN DEMAND.
Degree in Greek Mythology: sorry Moe, shit out of luck
No skills other than "do you want fries with that?
Sorry, get some educations.
NO CRY BABIES.

That makes it expensive moron.

Texas is a 'right to work' state, and their unemployment rate beats the shit out of Michigans unemployment rate.

American made vehicles are typically in the top 20 manufacturers on the planet. I'm going to have to neg if this lie continues.

"are"
In the 70s WE WERE ONE OF THE WORST.
I had a 1976 Mustang II
Piece of shit
Ford Granada.
Ford Pinto
EVERYTHING GM made almost in that era, late 70s-mid 80s.
Chevette.
AMC Gremlin
AMC Hornet
Ford Maverick
Lincoln Versailles
Ford Fairmont
Mercury Zephyr
AMC Matodor
AMC Pacer
Plymouth Arrow
Plymouth CRicket
Dodge Omni
Chevy Monza
Chevy Vega

ALL UNION MADE GARBAGE, terrible craftsmanship, the era of the "do not buy one made on a Monday or Friday" union built cars.

So many have no idea what others sacrificed to help bring the middle class to where it could actually negotiate a living wage and respectability.
A serious history lesson for those individuals would maybe work wonders, of course some still would not acknowledge the sacrifice and the fight others before them made.

Great idea for those that don't want to fight for what they deserve. Take a little time and research the difference of states that are RTW, and by region in the state, compared to those that have the right to collective bargaining.
Then maybe do some research on what board members do in their meetings. I wonder if they sit and "collective" have an idea of how to treat workers etc.
Let me start you on the path of real education in the work world.
Table 1). Our best estimate is that workers living in right-to-work states earn, on average, 6.5% less than similar workers in non-RTW states.

Table 1

An analysis along gender lines reveals similar trends. On average, men in RTW states earn 7.8% less than their counterparts in non-RTW states; women in RTW states earn 6.8% less (Table 2).

Table 2

Unlike previous research by Bennett (2001), we find that, even after controlling for regional costs of living, workers in right-to-work states earn less per hour. Particularly interesting is the affect on workers living in cities that are stretch across state line, placing it in both a right-to-work state and a non-RTW state. Seventeen out of 433 metropolitan areas in our sample (nearly 4%) spill over from a right-to-work state to a non-RTW state. Our analysis indicates that, in areas where a pure RTW state effect exists (i.e., no spill-over effect), the right-to-work penalty is larger.

Oh, surely those that hate to admit to facts will tell how this is some progressive blog and discard it which is the usual modus operandi for the neo cons.
Good luck Michigan and good luck to the workers of this country.
It is headed to the Plutocracy we deserve.

shuuddup Union Thug

Forum List

Back