Republicans baffled by Katie Britt’s State of the Union response: ‘One of our biggest disasters’

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.

Nonetheless, the 42-year-old Alabama senator is a rising Republican star, widely respected on Capitol Hill and her selection to respond to Biden was a golden opportunity to introduce herself to the wider American electorate.

In his address Biden used his bully pulpit effectively, attacking Republicans in a fiery speech and inviting a strong response. But Britt’s speech, delivered with overt theatricality, oscillating in tone between the wholesome and the wholly horrific, did not land well even in her own party.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

Republicans baffled by Katie Brittâs State of the Union response: âOne of our biggest disastersâ

What the hell was that speech? This was supposed to be a rebuttal to the president? LOL. Seems like someone in a witness protection program is appealing for help! That dark kitchen, the whispers. Jindal, Rubio, and now this. Republicans really suck at media management.

Last edited:
Katie Britt’s Republican response to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address drew reactions ranging from the baffled to the satirical to the appalled, even among fellow rightwingers.

“What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

“It’s one of our biggest disasters ever,” another unnamed Republican strategist told the Daily Beast.

Delivering the official State of the Union response can be a thankless task, as the former Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal and the Florida senator Marco Rubio, deliverers of previously panned speeches, would ruefully attest.

Nonetheless, the 42-year-old Alabama senator is a rising Republican star, widely respected on Capitol Hill and her selection to respond to Biden was a golden opportunity to introduce herself to the wider American electorate.

In his address Biden used his bully pulpit effectively, attacking Republicans in a fiery speech and inviting a strong response. But Britt’s speech, delivered with overt theatricality, oscillating in tone between the wholesome and the wholly horrific, did not land well even in her own party.

Charlie Kirk, founder of the far-right Turning Point USA youth group, said: “I’m sure Katie Britt is a sweet mom and person, but this speech is not what we need. Joe Biden just declared war on the American right and Katie Britt is talking like she’s hosting a cooking show, whispering about how Democrats ‘dont get it’.”

Republicans baffled by Katie Brittâs State of the Union response: âOne of our biggest disastersâ

What the hell was that speech? This was supposed to be a rebuttal to the president? LOL. Seems like someone in a witness protection program is appealing for help! That dark kitchen, the whispers. Jindal, Rubio, and now this. Republicans really suck at media management.
SOTU responses are usually pretty lame but that was one hot mess

Wow, I'm really interested to know who these Republicans are who are panning the response of Senator Britt. Seems like as team players, they would make no such comments publicly, especially to the hostile media.

So, I quick clicked on your thoughtfully provided link curious as to why so many prominent and well-known Republicans would pay into the Democrats' hands like that, and who they are.

Here they are:

What the hell am I watching right now?” an unnamed Trump adviser told Rolling Stone.

Oh.

So, it is completely made up.

Thanks for another time waster.

Biden was asked if he watched Senator Britt. He said he watched a little, but he "didn't get it".

It wasn't just a bad performance but she even lied about the story she put out...

A republican? Lying? Again?
1709999193989.png

You know, Senator Britt illustrated that acting is not easy, and not everyone can do it.

I hope she watches the Oscars to see who the real experts are.
Why do you support illegal immigration?

Forum List

Back