MI Moving to a Right to Work State!!! Congrats!!!

Did you ever stop to think who made the design and how orders the parts and where they come from, the material the "workers" were told to use.
Is that maybe why they were substandard,no that is far out of your cognizant ability.

Not true, it was substandard parts production by union workers.

Profit for the manufacturers is up, they sell LESS cars now. Unions sucked them dry. Once the y went bankrupt and broke the contracts, life is good. You have no understanding of this topic.

Also, don't blame us for being smarter to survive out here the "wilderness". I understand why you need to live in a herd, its your mentality.

Bitch, I grew up in Appalachia. Don't hand me that city slicker bullshit. You still haven't refuted that unions didn't design and source the shitty cars of the 70's, 80's and 90's that nobody wanted to buy. But keep on with your propaganda squawk about unions. I obviously know more about them than you do, which is sad considering you're in the 'wilderness".

Did you ever stop to think who made the design and how orders the parts and where they come from, the material the "workers" were told to use.
Is that maybe why they were substandard,no that is far out of your cognizant ability.

Not true, it was substandard parts production by union workers.

Management is in charge of how many resources are placed into quality control

Unions did not design these cars. They were not responsible for the closings. Not enough sales were. You were talking about how unions destroyed Michigan's jobs. Obviously, they didn't. Management of American car makers and outsourcing did. Idiocy and greed strikes again.

Profit for the manufacturers is up, they sell LESS cars now. Unions sucked them dry. Once the y went bankrupt and broke the contracts, life is good. You have no understanding of this topic.

Also, don't blame us for being smarter to survive out here the "wilderness". I understand why you need to live in a herd, its your mentality.

No one forced any of the car companies to sign any contract involuntarily. If a company cannot meet its obligations, whether they be to its creditors, its customers, or its employees - that's 100% management's fault.

Eventually, the company outsourced to control labor costs. That cost jobs which the unions allowed. Seems like the union would try to support their membership, but no they sold them out.

No one forced any of the car companies to sign any contract involuntarily. If a company cannot meet its obligations, whether they be to its creditors, its customers, or its employees - that's 100% management's fault.

Eventually, the company outsourced to control labor costs. That cost jobs which the unions allowed. Seems like the union would try to support their membership, but no they sold them out.

The union IS their membership you idiot.

Enjoy your low wage jobs, where they can fire you for no reason whatsoever.

What part of the Constitution gives you a right to be in the employ of someone else?

God, when did Americans get this stupid???

You tell us. I think you're wearing the crown.

So labor should have no leverage whatsoever..

Your leverage is take your talent and skills somewhere else if you don't like the compensation or treatment you're receiving.

how is that "freedom and liberty"?

Well, you folks are all about choice, aren't you?

Well, it is for the slave-wage employer I guess...

Give me the name of a single, solitary person in the United States (aside from some illegals, perhaps) who is working for a "slave wage."

There is nothing to refute. You didn't provide any substance other than an unfounded and biased opinion.

*eye roll* oh brother. Do you know how to use the interwebs?

We find that the mean effect of working in a right-to-work state results in a 6% to 8% reduction in wages for workers in these states, with an average wage penalty of 6.5%. Controlling for regional costs of living reduces this amount to approximately 4%. We find that previous research reporting real wage gains associated with right-to-work states is almost purely the result of border cities that benefit from their proximity to a non-RTW state.

The Wage Penalty of Right-to-Work Laws | Economic Policy Institute

Bitch, I grew up in Appalachia. Don't hand me that city slicker bullshit. You still haven't refuted that unions didn't design and source the shitty cars of the 70's, 80's and 90's that nobody wanted to buy. But keep on with your propaganda squawk about unions. I obviously know more about them than you do, which is sad considering you're in the 'wilderness".

They sold millions upon millions of cars during that period. Nothing you have said has proven factual in the least. Everyone knows a story about a lazy union worker. Some of them have BRAGGED to me about sleeping on the job or breaking an expensive piece of machinery on purpose.

Way to go! Step in the right direction to save another state from Union Thuggery that destroys industries and decimates our manufacturing sector!!!

Politics: Michigan's Governor, Rick Snyder, announces right-to-work fight | CainTV
After living under the tax-and-spend yoke of Jennifer Granholm for eight years, Michigan was in complete financial disarray. The state changed course in 2011, after placing Republican Rick Snyder in the Governor's mansion. In just one year, he managed to begin the turnaround, posting a $457 million surplus. Since then, most believe he's done a solid job of steering Michigan toward a better future.

Snyder has announced that he wants to see Michigan's legislature pass right a right-to-work bill, and that he'll definitely sign it when it makes it to his office.

According to State House Speaker Jase Bolger, the move is a no-brainer. "Workers," he said, "deserve the freedom to decide which organizations they want to join and which organizations they do not want to join. These are values that should unite us, they should not divide us."

The new law would affect almost 20% of Michigan's workforce, though it would include exemptions for police and firefighter unions. These organizations are protected by existing law and the state constitution.

Given that GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all headquartered in the Detroit area, the repercussions are as much national as they are local. While spoiled, union-controlled, Detroit leadership demands a federal bailout, the rest of us have been fighting to free the area from their influence. In a state where the unions have spent eighty years cementing their power and buying their influence, you can rest assured that the battle is about to get very, very, nasty.

Just imagine a Michigan, and a big three, that had finally been relieved of an unalterable adherence to oppressive, lopsided, union contracts.

Michigan's middle class and working poor can now look forward to LOWER WAGES

Median wages for workers living in right-to-work states were $11.45, while wages for those living in non-RTW states were $13.00, indicating that wages were 11.9% lower in RTW states.

And that hourly wage is probably slightly above your IQ.

You can't refute my post so you decide to insult. Keepin' it classy, I see. I've worked in two right (not) to work states and I hope I never have to again. We need more unions in the private sector, not less. Labor has almost lost all of its voice. Employers are engaging in full-blown exploitation of labor all while making record profits & record productivity, and you know it. I guess you won't be happy until wage earners are trying to live on $30 a week, or corporations bring back work houses. That's exactly where we're headed.
Refute what? Your insult of Saveliberty?

:lmao:

Last night, Snyder was being interviewed and said it had to be done because Indiana had become a right to work state and 90 companies moved there.
90 companies moved to a smarter state???? What's wrong with those people? They wanna make a livin' or something!!!! :muahaha:

The RIGHT TO WORK should be in the Constitution, along with the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Of course, when the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution there was no question of getting a living - a very comfortable, at that - without working and pulling your weight. That notion came along with one of the most destructive presidents in history, LBJ, and his abominable Great Society.

Median wages for workers living in right-to-work states were $11.45, while wages for those living in non-RTW states were $13.00, indicating that wages were 11.9% lower in RTW states.

:lol::lol::lol:
2001 report

Here's one from 2011

http://www.epi.org/page/-/old/briefingpapers/BriefingPaper299.pdf#page=9

STILL LOWER

workers in RTW states make on average $1500 per year LESS.

2001 report

Doctor Doh digs living in the past. It's just a little arrested Doh-velopment, that's all. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

They sold millions upon millions of cars during that period. Nothing you have said has proven factual in the least. Everyone knows a story about a lazy union worker. Some of them have BRAGGED to me about sleeping on the job or breaking an expensive piece of machinery on purpose.

Did you seriously just type that with a straight face?

From 2001
American Auto Sales Slump: Foreign Product Reigns in Auto Industry / ideastream - Northeast Ohio Public Radio, Television and Multiple Media

Toyota, Honda Gaining on U.S. Automakers - ABC News

Jobs slashed as car sales slump - Business - Business - smh.com.au

Forum List

Back