MI Moving to a Right to Work State!!! Congrats!!!

The greatest jump in income for the middle class was when Unions were at their strongest. Since 1980 the republicans have systematically tried to curb union rights. Since then the middle class wages have stagnated while corporations profits have hit all time highs. The tragedy in all of this is that the conservatives have convinced their middle class sychophants that other middle class union members are the cause do their troubles. It's an amazing job of political propoganda that pits two economic simLilar groups against each other while the well to do look down and laugh their asses off.

No, Americans have tried to give those of us, the taxpayers, the workers and consumers, more rights.
We want to have the ability NOT to be forced to join a union if we do not want.
And in a union shop state we are FORCED by law to join.
We want to have a seat at the bargaining table with government unions so if we can't we do not want them. We pay their salaries.
Unions fucked themselves.
Good riddance.

So many have no idea what others sacrificed to help bring the middle class to where it could actually negotiate a living wage and respectability.
A serious history lesson for those individuals would maybe work wonders, of course some still would not acknowledge the sacrifice and the fight others before them made.

Spoken like a true idiot with no knowlage of how the world out side New York works.....Hey tell me how that $3000 a month closet is going? Do you think cause they make more money they are better off? All you have to do is look at your own pathetic city to see what happens to cost of living with absurd wages.

Before I worked here, I lived in GA for 31 years and TN for 3. I know all too well what goes on in right to work states. My own mother was just such a casualty when she became "too expensive" in her 50's (just after receiving a plaque, bonus and raise for "15 years of excellent service"). They replaced her w/someone making $10/ hour two weeks later. They couldn't do the job, of course. You know very well that NYC is not expensive due to wages, moron. It's due to scarcity of Real Estate. Wages HAVE to be higher here so that people can afford to LIVE here.

Do not compare union workers to combat veterans.

That makes it expensive moron.

What does, fool? There is a scarcity of apartments (supply) which makes apartments expensive(demand), which is why jobs pay more here - otherwise, no one could live here on what they pay in fly-over country. It's not the other way around. Damn, you righties are so dense.

So many have no idea what others sacrificed to help bring the middle class to where it could actually negotiate a living wage and respectability.
A serious history lesson for those individuals would maybe work wonders, of course some still would not acknowledge the sacrifice and the fight others before them made.

There is also a long history of violence, protection of poor workers and forcing people out of business with unreasonable contracts. Fortuantely, some of that damage can be reversed with right to work laws.

There is also a long history of violence, protection of poor workers and forcing people out of business with unreasonable contracts. Fortuantely, some of that damage can be reversed with right to work laws.

Yup, a sucker born every minute. Just wait. Just see how fast and far wages are driven down there.

"The data on wages tell a fairly clear story. Of the top 10 states in per capita income in 2011, seven were not right-to work states. Of the bottom 10 states with the lowest per capital income, seven were right to work states."

Economists: Right-to-work states have lower-income residents, poor labor relations | Michigan Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

It wasn't the unions. It was that no one wanted to buy their shitty American cars. Unions don't design cars.

American made vehicles are typically in the top 20 manufacturers on the planet. I'm going to have to neg if this lie continues.

"are"
In the 70s WE WERE ONE OF THE WORST.
I had a 1976 Mustang II
Piece of shit
Ford Granada.
Ford Pinto
EVERYTHING GM made almost in that era, late 70s-mid 80s.
Chevette.
AMC Gremlin
AMC Hornet
Ford Maverick
Lincoln Versailles
Ford Fairmont
Mercury Zephyr
AMC Matodor
AMC Pacer
Plymouth Arrow
Plymouth CRicket
Dodge Omni
Chevy Monza
Chevy Vega

ALL UNION MADE GARBAGE, terrible craftsmanship, the era of the "do not buy one made on a Monday or Friday" union built cars.

Not true today though. I would expect you to be talking about the present.

Yup, a sucker born every minute. Just wait. Just see how fast and far wages are driven down there.

"The data on wages tell a fairly clear story. Of the top 10 states in per capita income in 2011, seven were not right-to work states. Of the bottom 10 states with the lowest per capital income, seven were right to work states."

Economists: Right-to-work states have lower-income residents, poor labor relations | Michigan Business | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

We had one of the largest wage rate increases in this county compared to statewide last month. Your data doesn't seem to be correct in our situation.

Get your story straight moron. You just got done telling me we have all minimum wage jobs. NOW our wages are going to go down? You are a total joke.

To the bolded: What are you talking about?

There were plenty of town hall meetings and such with Congressmen around the country in 2009 and 2010 where tea party folks showed up en masse and shouted them down. Videos were all over the Internet and I'm sure still are.
And, there is nothing illegal about that, either.

In fact, many town halls were at the invitation of tea partiers and not all took place in public buildings. Plus, no interference in anyone doing their job, happened.

It's freedom of speech.

Yes, that's my point. It's all freedom of speech. GB seems to think it's only freedom of speech when he agrees with it.

Unions did not design these cars. They were not responsible for the closings. Not enough sales were. You were talking about how unions destroyed Michigan's jobs. Obviously, they didn't. Management of American car makers and outsourcing did. Idiocy and greed strikes again.

How on earth does anyone see this as a good thing? Good lord. You don't think workers should have any leverage in the workplace? Well, at least you know wages will be taking a real dive there. Good job, corporatist morons.

Coming from a right to work state, I can tell you you have nothing to fear. You might laugh at Oklahoma being one of the irrelevant flyover states and being a bunch of hicks, but it's a really great pace to live with low unemployment and a decent standard of living. I paid $239k for my 2800 sq ft house in 2001. Any idea how much the same identical house would cost in New York, Chicago or LA? Unions served their purpose at one time and they helped create workplace standards that we all enjoy today. But they go too far and end up killing companies now. Right to work is a good thing.

Get your story straight moron. You just got done telling me we have all minimum wage jobs. NOW our wages are going to go down? You are a total joke.

Do you have a reading deficiency? Yes, it is proven that when states adopt "right to work for less", wages will go down, and most business you will attract will be offering NEW low-paying jobs, since there will be no voice for labor to keep wages up.

Anything in politics that is given a nice sounding name has vast potential to eat your lunch.

Like CAIR or the Affordable Healthcare Act or the Wall Street Reform Act? You do have a point, but in this case the product lives up to the name!

Your dumb enough to believe this helps MI.

You're (note the correct version of the word) dumb enough to believe the status quo helps MI?

There's really no point in making a point in this thread.

You don't have a point to make. You're on the losing side of this and you know it.

2014 MI will flush the turds who voted for this down the toilet to the sewers of TX.

Like Wisconsin flushed Scott Walker? Oh, and last I checked, the WI Republicans retained their majority in both legislative chambers this past election.

Did you ever stop to think who made the design and how orders the parts and where they come from, the material the "workers" were told to use.
Is that maybe why they were substandard,no that is far out of your cognizant ability.

American made vehicles are typically in the top 20 manufacturers on the planet. I'm going to have to neg if this lie continues.

"are"
In the 70s WE WERE ONE OF THE WORST.
I had a 1976 Mustang II
Piece of shit
Ford Granada.
Ford Pinto
EVERYTHING GM made almost in that era, late 70s-mid 80s.
Chevette.
AMC Gremlin
AMC Hornet
Ford Maverick
Lincoln Versailles
Ford Fairmont
Mercury Zephyr
AMC Matodor
AMC Pacer
Plymouth Arrow
Plymouth CRicket
Dodge Omni
Chevy Monza
Chevy Vega

ALL UNION MADE GARBAGE, terrible craftsmanship, the era of the "do not buy one made on a Monday or Friday" union built cars.

Way to go! Step in the right direction to save another state from Union Thuggery that destroys industries and decimates our manufacturing sector!!!

Politics: Michigan's Governor, Rick Snyder, announces right-to-work fight | CainTV
After living under the tax-and-spend yoke of Jennifer Granholm for eight years, Michigan was in complete financial disarray. The state changed course in 2011, after placing Republican Rick Snyder in the Governor's mansion. In just one year, he managed to begin the turnaround, posting a $457 million surplus. Since then, most believe he's done a solid job of steering Michigan toward a better future.

Snyder has announced that he wants to see Michigan's legislature pass right a right-to-work bill, and that he'll definitely sign it when it makes it to his office.

According to State House Speaker Jase Bolger, the move is a no-brainer. "Workers," he said, "deserve the freedom to decide which organizations they want to join and which organizations they do not want to join. These are values that should unite us, they should not divide us."

The new law would affect almost 20% of Michigan's workforce, though it would include exemptions for police and firefighter unions. These organizations are protected by existing law and the state constitution.

Given that GM, Ford, and Chrysler are all headquartered in the Detroit area, the repercussions are as much national as they are local. While spoiled, union-controlled, Detroit leadership demands a federal bailout, the rest of us have been fighting to free the area from their influence. In a state where the unions have spent eighty years cementing their power and buying their influence, you can rest assured that the battle is about to get very, very, nasty.

Just imagine a Michigan, and a big three, that had finally been relieved of an unalterable adherence to oppressive, lopsided, union contracts.

You already have the right to work in Michigan.

Unions did not design these cars. They were not responsible for the closings. Not enough sales were. You were talking about how unions destroyed Michigan's jobs. Obviously, they didn't. Management of American car makers and outsourcing did. Idiocy and greed strikes again.

Profit for the manufacturers is up, they sell LESS cars now. Unions sucked them dry. Once the y went bankrupt and broke the contracts, life is good. You have no understanding of this topic.

Also, don't blame us for being smarter to survive out here the "wilderness". I understand why you need to live in a herd, its your mentality.

We had one of the largest wage rate increases in this county compared to statewide last month. Your data doesn't seem to be correct in our situation.

This is from a Detroit paper. That's why I used it. I'm only the messenger.

I live in Michigan, these people have my full support. Every job added in this county in the last year was nonunion.

And probably just above or at minimum wage. Enjoy your stupidity!

Got any proof of that or this just childish conjecture on your part? (This question is rhetorical. We already know you're a child.)

Profit for the manufacturers is up, they sell LESS cars now. Unions sucked them dry. Once the y went bankrupt and broke the contracts, life is good. You have no understanding of this topic.

Also, don't blame us for being smarter to survive out here the "wilderness". I understand why you need to live in a herd, its your mentality.

No one forced any of the car companies to sign any contract involuntarily. If a company cannot meet its obligations, whether they be to its creditors, its customers, or its employees - that's 100% management's fault. To blame the unions for asking for too much compensation is like blaming its creditors for asking for too high an interest rates or its customers for asking for too low a price - its just a bunch of whining.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back