mcconnell Does It Again

McConnell has blocked legislation to reopen and fund the government again.

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government

I would guess that just as many are happy he is sticking to his guns.

And you would be WRONG. Most Americans oppose building the wall.

Bullsht.... You're overly simplistic break down along two categories is a Farce. Add the never Trump section of the Republican party to the Democrats and you have a voting disparity that cannot be overcome by a simple majority. The real dishonesty is you ignoring the fact that Trump had to battle both the Democrats and the Republicans to get something done. So why don't you stop lying!

All the Trumper is saying is that even reasonable Republicans don't support this bullshit.

It's only the Trump cult

And Trump needs that cult in the upcoming impeachment hearings. It's his only real protection

There are many here from the left that have minds as limited as a black and white television. Trump my have run on the Republican Ticket but he had to beat both parties to get into the white house. He has made believers of many former foes but there are still many NEVER TRUMP REPUBLICANS ...Including the new Senator Mitt Romney. The Opposition party within the GOP is just as formidable as the DNC. To say that Trump had the house for two years is a lazy minded joke....but Lazy is the way Dems go when it comes to painting everything with a broad brush.

JO

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

I would guess that just as many are happy he is sticking to his guns.

And you would be WRONG. Most Americans oppose building the wall.

And you would be WRONG. 51% of Americans want the wall and its probably more than that.

From Fortune in December

By EMILY GILLESPIE
December 12, 2018
While talks of a wall between the U.S. and Mexico border have led to televised shouting matches between national leaders, the rest of America is less divided. More than two-thirds of Americans don’t think the wall should be a priority, according to a new poll by NPR, PBS News Hour and Marist.

Only 28% of those polled answered that the border wall should be an immediate priority, while 19% replied it shouldn’t be an immediate priority, and 50% said it shouldn’t be a priority at all.

Why does The Democrat Party insist in the Illegal Importation of Brown Slaves to work in their sweat shops and plantations?

The Republican Party ended slavery 150 years ago, and The Democrat Party is still trying to hold on to it.

As for as The DemNazi bill goes, there was no money for building a wall, so it got voted down.

Pick your own damn cotton Dems.

Trying to get a vote on a bill the Democrats know full well the President won't sign even if it got his desk and who's veto they can't override is not really trying to fix the problem.
Makes Senators go on the record that they support keeping Government closed

Democrats want to kick the can down the road without negotiating about the government shutdown and their idiotic minions blame the Senate majority leader because he is a republican. No surprises here.
Really?

Oddly..Republicans have had both Houses of Congress AND the White House for two years...but this is all of a sudden on the Dems?

Huh?

False... They did not have the house for the past 2 years... They had a marginal majority not a super majority. Really really big difference there.

Jo

Not really a difference at all when Republicans didn't support it either.

There is a big difference when you consider the fact put a large segment of the Republican party considers themselves never Trump. You can say the Republicans had the house but you can't say that Trump had it.

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

Reps should propose a bill as follows:

Government reopens immediately without wall funding.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

This shutdown has nothing to do with "securing the border".

We can quadruple the amount of border agents, give them every piece of technology available to stop immigrants from illegally crossing the border, and Trump won't agree to it unless it includes "wall" or some kind of physical barrier.

This is 100% about Trump avoiding humiliation regarding the ridiculous campaign promise that he made.

Well yes IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT KEEPING PROMISES.

Then he's breaking his promise.

trump promised that Mexico would pay for that wall.

He has broken that promise.
they are. why do you think they aren't? Please explain. Do you think they will write the president a personal check? :auiqs.jpg:send you a statement?:auiqs.jpg:

And you would be WRONG. 51% of Americans want the wall and its probably more than that.
Link required

Look it up. I did.
Surrender accepted. More Trump cultists talking out their asses. See post # 86

Nope. Check again. See post #89

Surrender accepted
Post 89 shows polling from last JUNE.

Post 86 shows polling from last MONTH

BOOM!!

You shoulda quit while you were behind dimbo

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

Reps should propose a bill as follows:

Government reopens immediately without wall funding.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

This shutdown has nothing to do with "securing the border".

We can quadruple the amount of border agents, give them every piece of technology available to stop immigrants from illegally crossing the border, and Trump won't agree to it unless it includes "wall" or some kind of physical barrier.

This is 100% about Trump avoiding humiliation regarding the ridiculous campaign promise that he made.

Well yes IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT KEEPING PROMISES.

Then he's breaking his promise.

trump promised that Mexico would pay for that wall.

He has broken that promise.
they are. why do you think they aren't? Please explain. Do you think they will write the president a personal check? :auiqs.jpg:send you a statement?:auiqs.jpg:

It wouldn't matter if they did send a statement. You cannot convince someone
who does not want to be convinced.

Jo

You can't convince anyone but Trump cultists that this is anything but a boondoggle.
'
What is that 5.7 BILLION going to build?

What kind of wall? Where? How many miles?

You have no idea?

It's just a random ransom demand? A SYMBOL?

Oh...

Link required

Look it up. I did.
Surrender accepted. More Trump cultists talking out their asses. See post # 86

Nope. Check again. See post #89

Surrender accepted
Post 89 shows polling from last JUNE.

Post 86 shows polling from last MONTH

BOOM!!

You shoulda quit while you were behind dimbo

Doesn't matter when the info was gathered. Still shows 51% want the wall.

Oh and one of them is a CBS article. No friend to Trump.

You should quit while you are behind dipshit.

Forum List

Back