mcconnell Does It Again

Our President has made it crystal clear that any bill without a wall is a non-starter. Why should McConnell waste his time on something that isn't going anywhere?

because just a few weeks ago it passed with over 90 senate votes. combine that with a (D) majority house & it would be veto proof. either turtleboy is compromised... he is the largest recipient of NRA cash (& they are in deep do do regarding possible russian ties) not to mention his wife got a gig at the dept of transportation... or he's terrified of trump.

i'm willing to bet it's both.

Last edited:
Our President has made it crystal clear that any bill without a wall is a non-starter. Why should McConnell waste his time on something that isn't going anywhere?

because it passed with over 90 senate votes. combine that with a (D) majority house & it would be veto proof. either turtleboy is compromised... he is the largest recipient of NRA cash (& they are in deep do do regarding possible russian ties) not to mention his wife got a gig at the dept of transporation... or he's terrified of trump.

i'm willing to bet it's both,

Just because someone would vote for a bill, doesn't mean they would vote to override their own President's veto.

In fact, I don't think many Republicans would, the party made a pledge to build the wall.

because it passed with over 90 senate votes. combine that with a (D) majority house & it would be veto proof. either turtleboy is compromised... he is the largest recipient of NRA cash (& they are in deep do do regarding possible russian ties) not to mention his wife got a gig at the dept of transporation... or he's terrified of trump.

i'm willing to bet it's both,

Just because someone would vote for a bill, doesn't mean they would vote to override their own President's veto.

In fact, I don't think many Republicans would, the party made a pledge to build the wall.

uh-huh. they did it with russian sanctions.... they can do it now especially if they start hearing from their constituents. the majority of the (R) senate is up for reelection in 2020 & people will remember.

trump had both a (R) senate & house for 2 years & there was no wall. turtleboy scoffed at the idea of mexico paying for it back in 2017 & knew it was all bullshit

McConnell has blocked legislation to reopen and fund the government again.

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government

LOL, give Trump the 5.7 and it all ends. You don't understand where this Nation is, we're at the "f*ck you" point.

Where’s the wall?

Mexico paid for the wall; it's in a Cracker Jack box ..........
NAFTA is Dead.....

only if congress votes in favor of USMCA... which hasn't happened yet.

Thank you VERY much for correcting folks here; USMCA certainly is not binding, nor ratified.

There seems to be a brain dead, cerebral deficient class here; waaaaaaay too many.

Many folks here are existing in some Trump dream land of feel good.

That Trump brain washing is beyond EPIC.

Where’s the wall?

Mexico paid for the wall; it's in a Cracker Jack box ..........
NAFTA is Dead.....

only if congress votes in favor of USMCA... which hasn't happened yet.

Thank you VERY much for correcting folks here.

There seems to be a brain dead, cerebral deficient class here; too many.

i know - they think it's a done deal.

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

More than that. He denied paychecks to over a million people...AGAIN

This is happening because they constantly poll their base for reaction, and they don't want to be caught voting against Trump again, due to the opinion they are seeing. It's that simple.

the circle of victims is gonna get bigger cause it's not just the fed workers - it's their families & also the business' they no longer can patronize will begin to feel it, & so on & so on....

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

Reps should propose a bill as follows:

Government reopens immediately without wall funding.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
McConnell has blocked legislation to reopen and fund the government again.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government

I would guess that just as many are happy he is sticking to his guns.

More actually

Jo

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

Creative and commendable. Unfortunately you're not dealing with average human beings. If Trump doesn't get the wall now he will never get it. This standoff will end when Trump finds another way to fund the wall.

It won't come from the house that's certain.

Trump should invite AOC to the White house to see if she can rally 24 votes. Start dealing with AOC as if she's already the speaker. That could work.

Jo

Last edited:

Thoughts?

This shutdown has nothing to do with "securing the border".

We can quadruple the amount of border agents, give them every piece of technology available to stop immigrants from illegally crossing the border, and Trump won't agree to it unless it includes "wall" or some kind of physical barrier.

This is 100% about Trump avoiding humiliation regarding the ridiculous campaign promise that he made.

the circle of victims is gonna get bigger cause it's not just the fed workers - it's their families & also the business' they no longer can patronize will begin to feel it, & so on & so on....
It's also tens of thousands of contractors who will NOT be reimbursed

Forum List

Back