mcconnell Does It Again

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

Reps should propose a bill as follows:

Government reopens immediately without wall funding.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

This shutdown has nothing to do with "securing the border".

We can quadruple the amount of border agents, give them every piece of technology available to stop immigrants from illegally crossing the border, and Trump won't agree to it unless it includes "wall" or some kind of physical barrier.

This is 100% about Trump avoiding humiliation regarding the ridiculous campaign promise that he made.

Well yes IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT KEEPING PROMISES.

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

More than that. He denied paychecks to over a million people...AGAIN

the circle of victims is gonna get bigger cause it's not just the fed workers - it's their families & also the business' they no longer can patronize will begin to feel it, & so on & so on....
It's also tens of thousands of contractors who will NOT be reimbursed

None of them sign onto government contracts without full disclosure and they benefit richly from the pay they do receive.
Trust me you don't need to feel sorry for the private contractors who do business with the government. I am surrounded by them, none of them are in the soup line let me tell you.

Jo

Last edited:
Democrats want to kick the can down the road without negotiating about the government shutdown and their idiotic minions blame the Senate majority leader because he is a republican. No surprises here.

Democrats want to kick the can down the road without negotiating about the government shutdown and their idiotic minions blame the Senate majority leader because he is a republican. No surprises here.
Really?

Oddly..Republicans have had both Houses of Congress AND the White House for two years...but this is all of a sudden on the Dems?

Huh?

Obama could have bent a nine-year-old boy over on the White House lawn and rather than condemning him they would have cheered him on as a brave pioneer for NAMBLA.

We are often condemned of the same bias when it comes to Trump. However I always notice whatever board on posting on....that the conservatives tend to be a lot more honest in their observations of their chosen heroes. Sometimes we hold our noses when we vote because we know it's best.

Not so with the left. Rather than to have a balanced viewpoint they troll merrily along pretending that their leaders are perfect and that they make absolutely no mistakes at all. This in and of itself is a dead giveaway of their blind morality.

Jo

McConnell has blocked legislation to reopen and fund the government again.

Once again the democrats tried to get the bill on the floor for a vote and once again, mcconnell denied democracy.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

McConnell blocks bill to reopen most of government
Microsoft news...uh huh.

People are getting very ticked off. I just saw an article that people are now protesting at mcconnell's office.

The republicans should admit they are losing on this big time. They aren't going to win. The more the government is shutdown, the more people don't want even one penny for a wall.

I want the wall I’m fking pissed the dims are stalling! Fk you and your fking concerns

LOL, give Trump the 5.7 and it all ends. You don't understand where this Nation is, we're at the "f*ck you" point.

DarkFury? LeeVanCleef? DarkFisted? Is that you?

Really?

Oddly..Republicans have had both Houses of Congress AND the White House for two years...but this is all of a sudden on the Dems?

Huh?

False... They did not have the house for the past 2 years... They had a marginal majority not a super majority. Really really big difference there.

Jo

You want me to care for your concerns while you puke on mine? Fk you

The House Dems should impeach McConnell!!
Always about what you want. Always. You are truly selfish citizens :auiqs.jpg:#me,me,me

Our President has made it crystal clear that any bill without a wall is a non-starter. Why should McConnell waste his time on something that isn't going anywhere?

because just a few weeks ago it passed with over 90 senate votes. combine that with a (D) majority house & it would be veto proof. either turtleboy is compromised... he is the largest recipient of NRA cash (& they are in deep do do regarding possible russian ties) not to mention his wife got a gig at the dept of transportation... or he's terrified of trump.

i'm willing to bet it's both.
Oh wow, you got today’s talking point cracks me up you snakes

Our President has made it crystal clear that any bill without a wall is a non-starter. Why should McConnell waste his time on something that isn't going anywhere?

because just a few weeks ago it passed with over 90 senate votes. combine that with a (D) majority house & it would be veto proof. either turtleboy is compromised... he is the largest recipient of NRA cash (& they are in deep do do regarding possible russian ties) not to mention his wife got a gig at the dept of transportation... or he's terrified of trump.

These guys have a serious case of Russian fever. They can't mention anything without inferring that somehow or another Putin is involved. Now Putin is running the NRA!
In the words of bugs Bunny...
What a maroon.

Jo

These guys have a serious case of Russian fever. They can't mention anything without inferring that somehow or another Putin is involved. Now Putin is running the NRA!
In the words of bugs Bunny...
What a maroon.

Jo
TDS #me,me,me

False... They did not have the house for the past 2 years... They had a marginal majority not a super majority. Really really big difference there.

And oddly...where was the "negotiation? They saved it until they had LESS power?

That makes sense?

Oh...forgot. You're a Trumper.

Logic isn't what you do...

More than that. He denied paychecks to over a million people...AGAIN

I think that if federal workers aren't getting paid, ALL federal workers shouldn't get paid.

That means all of congress and those in the White House.

All of congress and those in the White House still get paid during a shutdown.

Maybe if those in congress and the White House are also not paid they would think twice about taking this nation hostage.

I had an idea for some legislation. Not that I'm confident it's good, but an idea.

Reps should propose a bill as follows:

Government reopens immediately without wall funding.

The bill will specify that the house has 3 months to come up with a bill that will secure the border once and for all.

If the bill is sound and will actually secure the border, then they have another 6 months to implement the program.

If after the 3 months the house has not proposed a bill that will secure the border, then funds to build the wall will automatically be approved.

*shrug* it's an idea anyway. This way, the government opens, the house has an opportunity to secure the border via their own method, and if they dont, the wall gets built.

Thoughts?

This shutdown has nothing to do with "securing the border".

We can quadruple the amount of border agents, give them every piece of technology available to stop immigrants from illegally crossing the border, and Trump won't agree to it unless it includes "wall" or some kind of physical barrier.

This is 100% about Trump avoiding humiliation regarding the ridiculous campaign promise that he made.

Well yes IT ABSOLUTELY IS ABOUT KEEPING PROMISES.

Then he's breaking his promise.

trump promised that Mexico would pay for that wall.

He has broken that promise.

Really?

Huh?

Jo

The house only requires a simple majority to pass legislation.

And yes republicans had a good majority. There was 190 something democrats to 200 and something republicans. That's not a slim majority. They could literally pass legislation without one single democratic vote. Republicans had full control of writing all legislation and which bills are put to a vote in committee or on the full house floor.

So stop lying about what happened. The republicans had full control of the government for trump's first 2 years. The republicans denied trump money for his wall and he was fine with it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back