If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-=d=- said:
I think nobody will go to hell based on their religion. People will go to hell based on whether or not they accepted Christ thru a renewing of their spirit...and spiritually became born-again. No tradition or action or repetitive chants or burned offering or any such man-made method will work. The only simple, sure way to find Christ is by asking Him something like the following:

Yo..Christ...Jesus. I'm lost without you - I know I have and do sin. I believe you when you said you are the Christ, and I believe you died so to recieve the punishment for my sin I was due. Please, Lord, Forgive my sins; help me and renew my spirit. Holy Spirit I ask for your presence and guidance each day. Thanks...I can't make it without you; I don't want to be apart for you.

That's it. Of course there are variations, but the idea is to TALK to Christ; proclaim your belief in Him; Ask his Forgiveness and to be renewed in Spirit. Then - do it. Live your life in prayer and contemplation of Christ. Learn to listen to His voice in your life. That sorta thing.

Contempt? Where have I issued statements of contempt? Don't read into things...please.

Exactly and we MUST confess our sins, if possible, individually. For example: Forgive me Christ, for I have smoked some weed, which is not good for me, I have been a drunkard, I have lusted after women, I have lied, etc., etc. You must confess your wrongdoings and ask him to forgive you.

-=d=- said:
"What if the Pope goes to hell?"

It's a serious question - which brought for the topic: Even our Spiritual Leaders may not see heaven.
But you were not speaking of Spiritual Leaders , but rather the Pope. Who was sick and now has died. You do not agree/respect the man, which is your right. But some of us do, and it seemed hurtful. Not only that, but you seemed to be condemning without knowing what is in one's heart. That seems hurtful and mean to me.

-=d=- said:
I was just rambling off the top of my head - to show that nothing we 'do' can bring us to Christ...only that we believe and ask Him.
There might be times for rambling, but to me at least, this wasn't the time for this topic. I don't think I was the only one feeling that way and when others brought up that it might be hurtful, they were told to 'move along', which isn't the kind way to act, though I know it wasn't you that said that.

I'm for moving on...we've both had our say.

freeandfun1 said:
Exactly and we MUST confess our sins, if possible, individually. For example: Forgive me Christ, for I have smoked some weed, which is not good for me, I have been a drunkard, I have lusted after women, I have lied, etc., etc. You must confess your wrongdoings and ask him to forgive you.

How does one not confess individually?

I've NEVER lusted after women. :cool:

-=d=- said:
can you imagine the serious "WTF????" look on his face?

:(

I hope he's found Christ...or does soon.

You...are...one...sick...bastard. I'm not even Christian, let alone Catholic, and I respected what the man did and what he stood for. If anyone needs to "find Christ" it's you, you loathsome little toad.

freeandfun1 said:
You can accept the person, but not the religion. There is but ONE G-d and ONE saviour. Period. Anybody that thinks otherwise is not following Christian doctrine.

And fully 2/3 of the world's population knows or cares nothing about Christian doctrine. There are as many paths to that which is sacred and holy and good as there are people. Deal with it.

Kathianne said:
How does one not confess individually?

I've NEVER lusted after women. :cool:

You confess each sin. Individually.... one at a time. Acknowledge as many sins as you can remember, recall, etc.

It was an EXAMPLE.

Bullypulpit said:
And fully 2/3 of the world's population knows or cares nothing about Christian doctrine. There are as many paths to that which is sacred and holy and good as there are people. Deal with it.

Bully, shut up. My reply was about something else. Don't take it out of context. I have some advice, if you aren't going to follow along, then BUTT OUT.

Bullypulpit said:
And it just goes to show that some "born-again" Christians are a bigger pain in the butt the second time around.

Bully, some of us do not care what you think. This is a discussion about CHRISTIANITY. If you want to start your own thread, then go for it.

NATO AIR said:
About God, being born again and Christianity in general....

My personal belief, whatever it is worth, is that more important than what you personally believe about God, more important than what place of worship you go to or how often you go there.... all of these things...

YOUR ACTIONS, YOUR STRUGGLES, YOUR DEEDS matter more than anything else. Your contribution to the spread of good and the defeat of evil on this earth is the most important thing in life and I think this is what God looks at. If you worship an almighty God (whatever you may call him and however you worship him (on a Friday, a Sunday, with fire and smoke, or with incense and cypress seeds, whatever) and in the course of your life you treat others with fairness, peace and kindness, you are doing good in the world, you are helping pursue God's vision of humanity, you are helping to defeat evil.

The Pope did far too much good in this world to go to hell. The God I believe in would not punish a man who had risked his life to help others, who had used all his worldly privelage and influence to improve and save lives and had risked criticism and denouncement by trying to help develop friendship between religions, ethnic groups and others who often violently clash.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well said!

freeandfun1 said:
You confess each sin. Individually.... one at a time. Acknowledge as many sins as you can remember, recall, etc.
That's what I thought you meant, I mean otherwise, what is the point?

freeandfun1 said:
It was an EXAMPLE.
Yah, I got that and was kidding.

Said1 said:
Oh, ok. I was refering to Mathew 7:15. Ya know, before Mathew 7:22, what you quoted. Big difference I guess. :huh: I prefer to look at the whole verse instead of the part I like best, but I'm wacky that way.

Unfortunately, -=d=- is one of those "buffet" Christians who takes a little of this, and a bit of that, regardless of the context, so long as it agrees with HIS notion of what it means to be a Christian.

Kathianne said:
That's what I thought you meant, I mean otherwise, what is the point?

Yah, I got that and was kidding.

The point is that you have to ACKNOWLEDGE your sins. You can't just say, "hey man, if I sinned, forgive me". This is where the idea of confession comes from within the Catholic Church, so it shouldn't be "foreign" to you.

Bullypulpit said:
Unfortunately, -=d=- is one of those "buffet" Christians who takes a little of this, and a bit of that, regardless of the context, so long as it agrees with HIS notion of what it means to be a Christian.

Well, you're the "buffet" debater.... look in the mirror. You're also a "buffet" Buddhist from what I see of your posts. Pot calling the kettle black?

You haven't a clue what it means to be a Christian, so no comments from the peanut gallery please.

freeandfun1 said:
The point is that you have to ACKNOWLEDGE your sins. You can't just say, "hey man, if I sinned, forgive me". This is where the idea of confession comes from within the Catholic Church, so it shouldn't be "foreign" to you.

It never ceases to amaze me the experts on the Catholic Church all are coming from the Evangelicals. The Vatican could use you guys to explain it all to them.

I wonder how you would all feel if I told you that you are damned for your hayseed perspectives on Jesus. Your self righteousness has condemned you? But I won't.

freeandfun1 said:
Bully, some of us do not care what you think. This is a discussion about CHRISTIANITY. If you want to start your own thread, then go for it.

And some here who claim to be Christian really don't know what they are claiming.

Kathianne said:
It never ceases to amaze me the experts on the Catholic Church all are coming from the Evangelicals. The Vatican could use you guys to explain it all to them.

I wonder how you would all feel if I told you that you are damned for your hayseed perspectives on Jesus. Your self righteousness has condemned you? But I won't.

Excuse me? Well, it is. Do your own research if you don't want to believe me. Even Evangelicals are told to confess their sins to someone that is close to them as well as to Christ. I do not know or understand how what I have said can be taken in a manner that apprently is offensive. I just mentioned that it is why the Catholic Church takes confessions. You confess your sins to your priest (I understand this doctrine has been altered and is no longer fully practiced, but I could be wrong) who then provides you with counsel. Is that not correct? If not, I have no problem with being corrected.

freeandfun1 said:

Where did that come from? In all fairness, I don't think she was disagreeing with you from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back