If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
freeandfun1 said:
To be fair (to me), I said those actions give me "pause". I did not say they make me think he hasn't accepted Christ. I just think neither of those actions were proper considering those actions could be construed by others as him recognizing those religions as being legit or even equal to Christianity. I don't know about you, but last I understood, we are to have "No other G-d's before Him".

I understand what you're saying. And you are right, we are to have no other gods before Him.

freeandfun1 said:
Well, his kissing a Q'ran and his allowing himself to be "blessed" by a Hindu Shiva (sp?) give me pause.....

Don't forget covering for pedophiles!

-=d=- said:
"Many will come in that day and say, Lord! Did we not heal the sick? Did we not preach your word?. God will say "Get away from me, into everlasting darkness, you workers of sin"

I'm saying this:

Darin doesn't know the Pope. Darin hasn't Met the Pope. Darin 'does' know a bit about Christ and what the Bible teaches us. Darin was reflecting how horrible it'd be if somebody who is thought so highly of were to die, never knowing what true salvation in Christ means.

Got it. :)

gop_jeff said:
I understand what you're saying. And you are right, we are to have no other gods before Him.

Further....If I were in Korea, and my Korean friend's parents, who are Buddhist, wished to pray a 'blessing' on me, I'd sit and allow them. It'd be more important to me to 'not' offend them for the sake of something they wanted to do in good spirits. I'd know they are praying useless prayers - according to my faith. However Christ would rather us show love and respect to others, than to insult them by refusing a harmless gesture.

If I was asked to pray to another god, however, I'd politely refuse.

-=d=- said:
Further....If I were in Korea, and my Korean friend's parents, who are Buddhist, wished to pray a 'blessing' on me, I'd sit and allow them. It'd be more important to me to 'not' offend them for the sake of something they wanted to do in good spirits. I'd know they are praying useless prayers - according to my faith. However Christ would rather us show love and respect to others, than to insult them by refusing a harmless gesture.

If I was asked to pray to another god, however, I'd politely refuse.

My wife is Korean and Buddhist and she knows not to ask me to participate in her beliefs as my participation would be tantamount to my recognition. IMHO.

A "blessing" is not a harmless jesture. In recieving a "blessing" you are acknowledging that there is some "thing" that *can* bless you other than G-d. Again, JMHO.

freeandfun1 said:
A "blessing" is not a harmless jesture. In recieving a "blessing" you are acknowledging that there is some "thing" that *can* bless you other than G-d. Again, JMHO.

Agreed - except even if it's JYHO, it's still 'absolutely correct'.

:D

It's allowing the person perfoming the cermony/prayer the opportunity to 'bless' you and feel good/display good-will.

:beer:

Man if the POPE goes to hell for those two things, humanity is pretty much screwed. I don't know you in real life, but I very much doubt that you have lived your entire life according to proper Catholic doctrine. The Pope is not God, the Pope is a man. And men sin.

The Pope will probably be welcome on the otherside of the viel with many who have gone before him. I wouldnt worry about him in hell. If you read the scriptured youd realized that death is hell and that we all go to hell till we are resurrected. We may be in paradise with our loved ones but until we rise again, we will see our separation from our bodies as a hell.

The Pope will probably be welcome on the otherside of the viel with many who have gone before him. I wouldnt worry about him in hell. If you read the scriptured youd realized that death is hell and that we all go to hell till we are resurrected. We may be in paradise with our loved ones but until we rise again, we will see our separation from our bodies as a hell.

Hmmm.. evidently Christ didn't get the memo on that when he told the thief "This day you will be with my in Paradise"...

Note he didn't say "Oh, by the way, you're gonna be in hell (the grave as you call it) untill sometime way out in the future, so let me know how that works out for ya, okay?"

onedomino said:
I agree. The subject of this thread is also offensive and obnoxious.

It's only offensive to those who worship or place too much hope in another man - in this case it's the pope...

I have no doubts he was a "good man" - but good men don't make it into heaven for acts of goodness...

Darin was simply pointing out that there's probably many folks around the world who think they're hooked up w/ God because they do a lot of ritualistic stuff and good deeds - but the Bible clearly teaches that "unless a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of heaven"...

So if you find his post offensive, then you'd better never read the new testament...

http://www.whitehouse.gov

President's Statement on the Death of Pope John Paul II
The Cross Hall

President's Remarks

4:02 P.M. EST

THE PRESIDENT: Laura and I join people across the Earth in mourning the passing of Pope John Paul II. The Catholic Church has lost its shepherd, the world has lost a champion of human freedom, and a good and faithful servant of God has been called home.

Pope John Paul II left the throne of St. Peter in the same way he ascended to it -- as a witness to the dignity of human life. In his native Poland, that witness launched a democratic revolution that swept Eastern Europe and changed the course of history. Throughout the West, John Paul's witness reminded us of our obligation to build a culture of life in which the strong protect the weak. And during the Pope's final years, his witness was made even more powerful by his daily courage in the face of illness and great suffering.

All Popes belong to the world, but Americans had special reason to love the man from Krakow. In his visits to our country, the Pope spoke of our "providential" Constitution, the self-evident truths about human dignity in our Declaration, and the "blessings of liberty" that follow from them. It is these truths, he said, that have led people all over the world to look to America with hope and respect.

Pope John Paul II was, himself, an inspiration to millions of Americans, and to so many more throughout the world. We will always remember the humble, wise and fearless priest who became one of history's great moral leaders. We're grateful to God for sending such a man, a son of Poland, who became the Bishop of Rome, and a hero for the ages.

END 4:04 P.M. EST

"unless a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of heaven"

Does this mean you think that only "born again" Christians will be allowed in the kingdom?

Joan said:
"unless a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of heaven"

Does this mean you think that only "born again" Christians will be allowed in the kingdom?

Yup, I do believe that is what they are saying.

-=d=- said:
"Many will come in that day and say, Lord! Did we not heal the sick? Did we not preach your word?. God will say "Get away from me, into everlasting darkness, you workers of sin"

I'm saying this:

Darin doesn't know the Pope. Darin hasn't Met the Pope. Darin 'does' know a bit about Christ and what the Bible teaches us. Darin was reflecting how horrible it'd be if somebody who is thought so highly of were to die, never knowing what true salvation in Christ means.

So who is the false prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back