If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-=d=- said:
Kathianne said:
IF John Paul....it was a typo...IF John Paul II had not found Christ, there was still time...that's what I meant to type. Again...neither you nor I knew his heart. We can speculate. I was speculating "What if".

Well I would just say that we look at what John Paul II accomplished, who he stood up for, and how he lived his life. Now he may have pretended to be prayerful and meditative for the past 70 some years, long time. Nevertheless, it's God's job to judge him.

I would think you would find it in bad taste if on your deathbed people wondered what would happen if Darin were to shortly meet Satan, rather than Jesus?

-=d=- said:
I know exactly what you are talking about, but I don't know what you want me to say. You keep asking 'who is 'the' false prophet' and referencing a scripture warning Christians about false prophets..

*sigh* What was your original point when "pharaphrasing" the text in the first place? That his acts do not mean he truely found Christ, even though "Darin" doesn't know the man, or what was in his heart? Is the Pope a false prophet?

Kathianne said:
-=d=- said:
Well I would just say that we look at what John Paul II accomplished, who he stood up for, and how he lived his life. Now he may have pretended to be prayerful and meditative for the past 70 some years, long time. Nevertheless, it's God's job to judge him.

I can't let what I think I see somebody doing decide for me if that person is right with God. Again, as reference earlier in this thread based on scripture, there are many who appear to be doing God's work, who don't know Christ.

I would think you would find it in bad taste if on your deathbed people wondered what would happen if Darin were to shortly meet Satan, rather than Jesus?

Nope. I would find that in very acceptable taste. That conversation would be held by people concerned about me, generally...or those wishing I meet the prior, rather than the latter person of those two options.

Said1 said:
*sigh* What was your original point when "pharaphrasing" the text in the first place? That his acts do not mean he truely found Christ, even though "Darin" doesn't know the man, or what was in his heart? Is the Pope a false prophet?

Okay...as simply as I can make it:

"I paraphrased that scripture to remind us that even those who may SEEM outwardly 'pure' and 'holy' may not know Christ, or Christ know them. Yes, even our pastors and our priests and yes, our Pope may not have their heart right with God."

Has nothing to do with being a false prophet; the portion of scripture I quoted stands alone: Many will come in that day (not just false prophets; unless you define a prophet as anyone who professes Christ outwardly) and say "Yo! we did a LOT of good stuff! and Christ will say, Yeah? But I never knew you...you did it for YOU..not for Me"

:)

Said1 said:

The only problem I had with everything the last few days was how (not Catholics, but news people) kept comparing the Pope to Christ. Saying that the Pope is suffering as Christ suffered. That part bothered me. But that was not the Pope saying that, that was news people talking about something they likely know nothing about.

-=d=- said:
I can't let what I think I see somebody doing decide for me if that person is right with God. Again, as reference earlier in this thread based on scripture, there are many who appear to be doing God's work, who don't know Christ.

Beware of the false prophets, right? Which is what came BEFORE the text you "paraphrased". Get it?

-=d=- said:
Kathianne said:
But then again, it's not your place to judge.

-=d=- said:
Nope. I would find that in very acceptable taste. That conversation would be held by people concerned about me, generally...or those wishing I meet the prior, rather than the latter person of those two options.
Right, you don't fit that criteria, which is why it is in bad taste.

freeandfun1 said:
The only problem I had with everything the last few days was how (not Catholics, but news people) kept comparing the Pope to Christ. Saying that the Pope is suffering as Christ suffered. That part bothered me. But that was not the Pope saying that, that was news people talking about something they likely know nothing about.

Considering Catholics consider the Pope perfect - infalable, it doesn't suprise me to see the comparisons. Catholics consider every word spoken by the pope to be on par with that of scripture...of, say Paul...or Peter. Thus, if the Pope interprets "Do not Murder" to include birth-control, to true catholics, Birth Control becomes sin.

-=d=- said:
Okay...as simply as I can make it:

"I paraphrased that scripture to remind us that even those who may SEEM outwardly 'pure' and 'holy' may not know Christ, or Christ know them. Yes, even our pastors and our priests and yes, our Pope may not have their heart right with God."

Has nothing to do with being a false prophet; the portion of scripture I quoted stands alone: Many will come in that day (not just false prophets; unless you define a prophet as anyone who professes Christ outwardly) and say "Yo! we did a LOT of good stuff! and Christ will say, Yeah? But I never knew you...you did it for YOU..not for Me"

:)

Why would you paraphrase?

freeandfun1 said:

Sure, I can agree with that. I also see you posting entire text, not paraphrased or selectively chosen to prove your point - repeatedly, in many different threads. :thup:

Said1 said:
Beware of the false prophets, right? Which is what came BEFORE the text you "paraphrased". Get it?

Uh..yes...and? Doesn't matter...the point stands; there will be many who come before christ, whom christ rejects. Use whatever definition of Prophet you like.

-=d=- said:
Considering Catholics consider the Pope perfect - infalable, it doesn't suprise me to see the comparisons. Catholics consider every word spoken by the pope to be on par with that of scripture...of, say Paul...or Peter. Thus, if the Pope interprets "Do not Murder" to include birth-control, to true catholics, Birth Control becomes sin.

Again, you do not understand Catholocism or it's teachings, especially the role of the Pope and infallibility. You are wrong in what you've written.

Kathianne said:
-=d=- said:
But then again, it's not your place to judge.

I am not judging; nor have ever. So I don't understand your point here.

Right, you don't fit that criteria, which is why it is in bad taste.

What criteria? of somebody who knows or cares about the Pope, or somebody who wishes he meets satan? Of course I dont. Now..read again...I mean "Those conversations would 'likely' be by...It was a prediction; " not are only 'allowed' or 'in good taste' by...

freeandfun1 said:

Right Free. What they were trying to get to, which is part of Catholic teaching, is that suffering is unavoidable, not constant, but unavoidable on earth. It is 'our cross' to carry to the best of our ability. If we accept our cross and help others with theirs, we are following what Jesus did, in His footsteps if you will.

It's the idea of 'offering up' our burdens, if they cannot pass, then let good come from them. All the time keeping God in mind. That is the melding of suffering with Jesus' suffering. Not that the Pope was God.

-=d=- said:
Uh..yes...and? Doesn't matter...the point stands; there will be many who come before christ, whom christ rejects. Use whatever definition of Prophet you like.

Uhh, then why didn't you say this several threads back. Would have cleared everything up instead of pretending to not know what I was talking about.

Said1 said:
Uhh, then why didn't you say this several threads back. Would have cleared everything up instead of pretending to not know what I was talking about.

It should be pretty clear...I'm currently bewildered that the reply I just gave is all you needed...lol :)

-=d=- said:
Kathianne said:
I am not judging; nor have ever. So I don't understand your point here.

-=d=- said:
I can't let what I think I see somebody doing decide for me if that person is right with God.
Not exactly judging, you are correct, nevertheless seeming to come very close for someone that has done you no wrong. If God judges him to have done wrong, well that will be God's place.

-=d=- said:
What criteria? of somebody who knows or cares about the Pope, or somebody who wishes he meets satan? Of course I dont. Now..read again...I mean "Those conversations would 'likely' be by...It was a prediction; " not are only 'allowed' or 'in good taste' by...

You do not 'care' about the Pope, other than in a contemptuous way, which again is fine for you, but seems hurtful right now. Of course, you have every right to keep up on it.

Kathianne said:
-=d=- said:
Not exactly judging, you are correct, nevertheless seeming to come very close for someone that has done you no wrong. If God judges him to have done wrong, well that will be God's place.

Merely speculating on the condition of his soul is judging him? Okay...sure.

You do not 'care' about the Pope, other than in a contemptuous way, which again is fine for you, but seems hurtful right now. Of course, you have every right to keep up on it.

I care about the Pope as a Man. As a soul. Nothing more or less. There is no contempt...again...my question - this thread - is about speculation. It seems too much for some people to even CONSIDER the spiritual condition of their leader, it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back