If the Pope Dies, and goes to Hell..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullypulpit said:
I was raised Baptist and was taught better, apparently, than some here.

Apparently not.

I too was raised Baptist. My grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher. However, I do not subscribe to their philosophies nor do I even attend Church. Churches are corrupt. I have formed and try my best to maintain a personal relationship with Christ. The way it is supposed to be. I don't need a Church to be a Christian.

Said1 said:
Where did that come from? In all fairness, I don't think she was disagreeing with you from the get go.

I still don't understand what I said wrong. She said that she was Catholic. All I said is that the idea of confessing your sins in the Catholic Church is no difference from me saying we have to confess our sins to Christ. I am baffled. She is the one that asked me "why". :dunno:

freeandfun1 said:
Excuse me? Well, it is. Do your own research if you don't want to believe me. Even Evangelicals are told to confess their sins to someone that is close to them as well as to Christ. I do not know or understand how what I have said can be taken in a manner that apprently is offensive. I just mentioned that it is why the Catholic Church takes confessions. You confess your sins to your priest (I understand this doctrine has been altered and is no longer fully practiced, but I could be wrong) who then provides you with counsel. Is that not correct? If not, I have no problem with being corrected.

The Catholic Church has never TAUGHT that saying, "I sorry" would forgive your sins. There has always been the caveat, "You are heartily sorry, resolve to do it no more, make amends where possible."

The twisting is what offended me. If I misunderstood, I apologize.

freeandfun1 said:
I still don't understand what I said wrong. She said that she was Catholic. All I said is that the idea of confessing your sins in the Catholic Church is no difference from me saying we have to confess our sins to Christ. I am baffled. She is the one that asked me "why". :dunno:

I must have missed the "why" part somewhere, but it seemed like both of you were saying the same thing at one point.

freeandfun1 said:
Apparently not.

I too was raised Baptist. My grandfather was a Southern Baptist preacher. However, I do not subscribe to their philosophies nor do I even attend Church. Churches are corrupt. I have formed and try my best to maintain a personal relationship with Christ. The way it is supposed to be. I don't need a Church to be a Christian.

Indeed, no one needs a church to be Christian. But one must have a care not to let the voice of their ego replace the voice of that which is holy.

Bullypulpit said:
Indeed, no one needs a church to be Christian. But one must have a care not to let the voice of their ego replace the voice of that which is holy.

And one must also defend what they believe. You seem to be the only one interjecting any ego here.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Bullypulpit said:
Unfortunately, -=d=- is one of those "buffet" Christians who takes a little of this, and a bit of that, regardless of the context, so long as it agrees with HIS notion of what it means to be a Christian.

uh? What? That's a statement which has ZERO evidence to support. I am the opposite of a buffet christian. Wow..it's like...you aren't even reading.

Bullypulpit said:
Unfortunately, -=d=- is one of those "buffet" Christians who takes a little of this, and a bit of that, regardless of the context, so long as it agrees with HIS notion of what it means to be a Christian.

I don't believe he doesn't know what I'm talking about, but whatever.

Kathianne said:
But you were not speaking of Spiritual Leaders , but rather the Pope. Who was sick and now has died. You do not agree/respect the man, which is your right. But some of us do, and it seemed hurtful. Not only that, but you seemed to be condemning without knowing what is in one's heart. That seems hurtful and mean to me.

[/qoute]

I didn't mean to hurt anyone; merely expressing that is John Paul hadn't found Christ based on what the Bible says, he should do so asap.

There might be times for rambling, but to me at least, this wasn't the time for this topic. I don't think I was the only one feeling that way and when others brought up that it might be hurtful, they were told to 'move along', which isn't the kind way to act, though I know it wasn't you that said that.

I'm for moving on...we've both had our say.

Here's me:

Chants and burned offerings and such won't grant salvation.

Here's you in the next reply:

No chanting or such is required.

Then you accused me of ridicule? wow. :)

-=d=- said:
uh? What? That's a statement which has ZERO evidence to support. I am the opposite of a buffet christian. Wow..it's like...you aren't even reading.

Uh, yeah, I have been reading your posts. And that's where the evidence is to be found.

freeandfun1 said:
Exactly and we MUST confess our sins, if possible, individually. For example: Forgive me Christ, for I have smoked some weed, which is not good for me, I have been a drunkard, I have lusted after women, I have lied, etc., etc. You must confess your wrongdoings and ask him to forgive you.

I don't buy that - When one finds Christ, there is no possible way one can remember each and every sin they've committed. Frankly, Most sins are the same - rebelion against God's Word. The physical action we take as a result of that (out-of-marriage sex, drug abuse, lying, abortions, whatever) is inconsequential.

Bullypulpit said:
You...are...one...sick...bastard. I'm not even Christian, let alone Catholic, and I respected what the man did and what he stood for. If anyone needs to "find Christ" it's you, you loathsome little toad.

Great! thanks for sharing.

Bullypulpit said:
And fully 2/3 of the world's population knows or cares nothing about Christian doctrine. There are as many paths to that which is sacred and holy and good as there are people. Deal with it.

...but, using your statistic, the 1/3 that DO follow Biblical guidlines are the only people who have it 'right'.

Christianity makes allowance for no other way to God. None. Nobody gets to God except via Jesus Christ.

-=d=- said:
Kathianne said:
But you were not speaking of Spiritual Leaders , but rather the Pope. Who was sick and now has died. You do not agree/respect the man, which is your right. But some of us do, and it seemed hurtful. Not only that, but you seemed to be condemning without knowing what is in one's heart. That seems hurtful and mean to me.

[/qoute]

I didn't mean to hurt anyone; merely expressing that is John Paul hadn't found Christ based on what the Bible says, he should do so asap.

Here's me:

Chants and burned offerings and such won't grant salvation.

Here's you in the next reply:

No chanting or such is required.

Then you accused me of ridicule? wow. :)

-=d=- said:
merely expressing that is John Paul hadn't found Christ based on what the Bible says, he should do so asap.
You are NOT playing God? You are reading into his heart? Wow, you are better even the Shiavo's lawyer!

Kathianne said:
-=d=- said:
You are NOT playing God? You are reading into his heart? Wow, you are better even the Shiavo's lawyer!

IF John Paul....it was a typo...IF John Paul II had not found Christ, there was still time...that's what I meant to type. Again...neither you nor I knew his heart. We can speculate. I was speculating "What if".

Said1 said:
I don't believe he doesn't know what I'm talking about, but whatever.

I know exactly what you are talking about, but I don't know what you want me to say. You keep asking 'who is 'the' false prophet' and referencing a scripture warning Christians about false prophets..

Bullypulpit said:
And some here who claim to be Christian really don't know what they are claiming.

I've seen one or two people here cite scripture to back up what they are claiming. I've seen another couple people read the scripture and still not 'get it'.

I've not seen you reply with one piece of scripture, or even simple conversation which shows you have any clue about what it means to follow Christ. Perhaps I'm wrong...but (shrug).

-=d=- said:
I know exactly what you are talking about, but I don't know what you want me to say. You keep asking 'who is 'the' false prophet' and referencing a scripture warning Christians about false prophets..

False prophets can be 'big' or 'little'. Anything that takes you away from the truth. Those that speak heresies, gnositicisms, misquote scriptures, twist, or otherwise lead one down false paths.

Bullypulpit said:
Uh, yeah, I have been reading your posts. And that's where the evidence is to be found.

Show me then. Show me where I have accepted only PART of Christianity. If it's SO clear to you, make it clear to me...mmmkay? :)

Kathianne said:
False prophets can be 'big' or 'little'. Anything that takes you away from the truth. Those that speak heresies, gnositicisms, misquote scriptures, twist, or otherwise lead one down false paths.

I agree. No issues with that statement...still unsure what Said is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back