If God doesn't exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You incorrectly attributed this quote to me instead of Mudda.

Apologies. I'll correct:

Again, here's another example, "2) Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon." Religion has separated everyone into little groups that all hate each other and think that everyone else is wrong. The result has been a never ending cycle of wars, hatred and the enslavement of women.

Wrong. It's people's greed, lust, pride, anger and jealousy that were the cause of all those things. Religions attempt to deal with these negative aspects.
Religion is the one that invented women as second class citizens. Some religions outright enslave women with other religions' duplicity.

Islam certainly does but today's Christianity treats women very well.
Is that why the pope won't let women be equal to men, even in the church?

If a placebo religion makes people feel better without doing any harm to them or other, I'd say go for it. But sorry, religions cause so much hate against others, like women, gays, other religions, doctors... and cause too many wars, even today. So the only strawman argument is the one made by your invisible friend who doesn't actually exist.

Who's my invisible friend?

Apologies. I'll correct:

Again, here's another example, "2) Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon." Religion has separated everyone into little groups that all hate each other and think that everyone else is wrong. The result has been a never ending cycle of wars, hatred and the enslavement of women.

Wrong. It's people's greed, lust, pride, anger and jealousy that were the cause of all those things. Religions attempt to deal with these negative aspects.
Religion is the one that invented women as second class citizens. Some religions outright enslave women with other religions' duplicity.

Again, you're cherry picking. Most Christians I know aren't Catholic and women in their churches are treated equal to men.

Because if that bullshit didn't exist, most people wouldn't do the bad things they have done.

That is some major league bullshit right there. That is as stupid as saying the devil made you do it. At what point does your brain make the connection to reality that we are all accountable for our own actions? Is it only when man does something good that you say... "look at me, I did something good? That was all me right there!" And when you do something bad do you say, "well.. that's not my fault... that's the fault of that bullshit. If that bullshit wouldn't have existed, it wouldn't have happened."

Do you see how stupid that sounds?

So you can be a greedy bastard like the pope and still get into heaven? No thanks, I think I'll pass on it. :D

Even a non Christian like myself knows that imperfect Christians like the Pope (and every other Christian) are saved through faith and the blood of Christ.

If i was one of those people given the choice to accept or die, during the Crusades and the Inquisitions... I would have probably accepted the BS if I had a family. If i didn't, I would have spit in their faces, and let them burn me as a faggot, and try to take as many of them down before I got burnt.

And you don't think you are biased against Christians and Christianity because of your sexual orientation?

If a placebo religion makes people feel better without doing any harm to them or other, I'd say go for it. But sorry, religions cause so much hate against others, like women, gays, other religions, doctors... and cause too many wars, even today. So the only strawman argument is the one made by your invisible friend who doesn't actually exist.

Who's my invisible friend?
Your god. DUH!

Only if you hold to the false idea that only perfect people are admitted to Heaven.
So you can be a greedy bastard like the pope and still get into heaven? No thanks, I think I'll pass on it. :D

If you're going to criticize religions, you would do well to know something about them first.
So thats a yes, I presume? :D

No. I'm saying you don't know what you're talking about.
Ya, that old saw "you're ignorant", :lol:
Still, you have no proof for what you're talking about.

Apologies. I'll correct:

Again, you're cherry picking. Most Christians I know aren't Catholic and women in their churches are treated equal to men.
So what small sect are you from?

PS dingbat liked your last post and he's a Catholic, lol. I guess he doesn't know what the word means, lol.

The question I proposed, and the votes I'd like to see, are based on why a benevolent, omnipotent, all-knowing "God" would let those horrors happen.

First of all you are assigning acts of men to God which is ridiculous. His Ways are not our ways. To suppose that there can be no God unless everything is perfect is illogical. The answer to your question is that it is not virtuous if you are made to behave virtuous. It seems to me that the crop He is growing is virtue. How do I know? Because like all stages of matter before it, consciousness and conscienceness are evolving. Subatomic particles evolved to hydrogen and helium, hydrogen and helium evolved to cosmic structure, cosmic structure evolved to all the elements and compound we see today, nonliving matter evolved to living matter and living matter evolved to beings that know and create. The final leap to be made is consciousness / conscienceness.

Furthermore, He uses everything for our good. Good does come from bad and bad does come from good. Only someone with a very narrow worldview would not recognize that hardship can build character. There has never been an uncaused event. Everything is cause and effect. Goodness does rise from hardship. People do overcome adversity and actually grow from it. No one lives forever. Dying is a part of living. You might as well blame God for death while you are at it.

Your god. DUH!

I don't believe in "God". Feeling silly now?
No, if you're going to hide that fact and take pot-shots, then you must be pretty embarrassed about your sect.

I wasn't hiding anything. Your mistake was you presumed what I believed without asking. Now you're compounding your mistake by trying to blame me. You should take some responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back