Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

Naw, you can't gaslight me. I've been doing this too long and I know my Bible. You're wasting your time.
Give up narcissist. You won’t admit you are wrong. But, I know you know because you just can’t quit.

In the Mormon Scripture, Pearl of Great Price, in the third Article of Faith, we read:

We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by the obedience of the laws and ordinances of the Gospel (emphasis added).

Even more, the Book of Mormon reinforces this false notion:

Be reconciled to God: for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do (2 Nephi 25:23; emphasis added). vs the Bible-

Ephesians 2:8-9 New International Version - Bible Gateway

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Brigham Young goes so far as to teach the Mormon people that salvation (i.e., true salvation, Godhood) only comes through Joseph Smith:

No man or woman in this dispensation will ever enter into the celestial kingdom of God without the consent of Joseph Smith. From the day that the Priesthood was taken from the earth to the winding up scene of all things, every man and woman must have the certificate of Joseph Smith, junior, as a passport to their entrance into the mansion where God and Christ are (Journal of Discourses, 7:289). vs the bible-

Acts 4:12 (ESV) “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” There is no other name given under heaven to which mankind can be saved than the name of Jesus Christ. Only Jesus can save.

Attachments

• 1707382294504.png
    1707382294504.png
    464 bytes · Views: 2
Scripture does not, in any way, shape or form, make a distinction between general and individual salvation. Jesus gives one kind of life: Life Eternal. As seen, Mormons reject the idea that true salvation, is by grace alone through faith alone. To the Mormons, this teaching is false.

The Apostle Paul speaks on Justification by Grace Alone Through FAITH ALONE. Contrary to the LDS Church
Inquiring of salvation the jailer had asked the Apostle Paul (an authority on the subject):
Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. . . (Acts 16:30, 31).
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law” (Rom. 3:28).

Forum List

Back