I Would Like To Ban These Things

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Those air blowers in bathrooms used to replace paper towels. I hate 'em. You never get your hands dry! I would ban them and order public bathrooms to have nice, fluffy paper towels.

Those air blowers in bathrooms used to replace paper towels. I hate 'em. You never get your hands dry! I would ban them and order public bathrooms to have nice, fluffy paper towels.

I know what you mean. It takes so long for my hands to get dry when I use such things. Still, if you feel so strongly about it, write to the establishment and boycott the place.

Never really thunk on it before.

Still not thinking.

Ok

Thought it over.

Need to have both air & towels.

I don't care what their excuse is. I'm not touching a doorknob that's been handled by people who leave a restroom without washing their hands. Yuck. :eusa_hand:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/27/health/27wash.html

LOL. Are you saying women are slobs? And further other than wiping your self after, how do women come in contact with the nether regions? Us neanderthal men almost always have to grab it to go. I wasn't aware women had to grab much of anything.

Live and learn.

_42161070_dyson_airblade203.gif

I'll have to check those out, but another problem with the air blowers is that if you splash water on your face, there's nothing but your shirt-tail to dry off with!

I'll have to check those out, but another problem with the air blowers is that if you splash water on your face, there's nothing but your shirt-tail to dry off with!

I think there should also be towels, for the reason that Jillian pointed out. ;)

Oh and about women hand handwashing, check this out:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-09-17-hands-survey_N.htm

Survey: Men wash hands less than women

By Anita Manning, USA TODAY
Next time a gentleman offers his hand, keep this in mind: One-third of men don't wash their hands after using the restroom.

Not only that, if he tells you he washed his hands, he may not be telling the truth.

This is revealed in results of the latest Hand Washing Survey, released Monday at a scientific meeting in Chicago by the American Society for Microbiology and the Soap and Detergent Association. The survey found that although 89% of men claim in a telephone poll to wash their hands every time they use a public bathroom, only 66% were seen doing so.

The survey found that women outwash men, though they also overstate their cleanliness: While 96% say they always wash their hands in a public restroom, 88% of women were actually seen doing so.

I think that some of those wind dryers have flexible nozzles. You can turn them so that the air blows up. I think that there is a scene in a Madonna movie in which someone uses that type of dryer to dry her armpits.

Forum List

Back