uss liberty

rampart

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2023
in discussion of events in israel, occasionally the subject of uss liberty is raised. there is a general cloud of disinformation about this incident, and more recent analysis might contradict your memories (or more likely , non memories. this incident, for obvious reasons, was not widely reported or discussed. "

this scholarxhip is summarized in a 2017 report in the naval institute proceedings,

here is what the article says, footnoted and referenced including formerly classified intel.

1. there was an attack 74 dead and over 100 wounded.
2. weather clear. good visibility. american flag on display (and if you have sailed or seen a ship equipped with a 60s style outboard system , her antenna farm could not be mistaken for any kind of cargo or fishing ship.
3. the incident was discussed at the national security council level and a decision was made to minimize public outrage. and
4. the mockingbird influenced media obliged.

why bring this up at all. 50 years ago and israel is our bestie friend, right? maybe that is correct, this is ancient history isn't it?

maybe, but when otherwise isolationists insist we must support every israeli settlement asd punative expedition on the basis of how great a friend and ally israel is, this incident should remind us of our actual real allies rather than, i'm sure good people, who are not above using a superpower to back their two bit plays in palestine. .

Americans will support Israel, and always will know that Russia is never our friend.

Everyone had a friend like Israel in high school: why don't you and him fight?

Americans will support Israel, and always will know that Russia is never our friend.
supporting israel does not strip my humanitarian impulses. a weakness, i know.

it has been 6 months. the guilty are being punished. the innocent need a break.

cease flre. negotiate. and soon.

supporting israel does not strip my humanitarian impulses. a weakness, i know.

it has been 6 months. the guilty are being punished. the innocent need a break.

cease flre. negotiate. and soon.
When Hamas surrenders its leadership.

Even if was intentional, which it wasn’t, it was 67 years ago. Time to move on.
is it too late to put corrected information into our histories. are you guys too radicalixed to learn from the past?

it seems never too late to revisit voting rights or social security, but israel is more important than that?

in discussion of events in israel, occasionally the subject of uss liberty is raised. there is a general cloud of disinformation about this incident, and more recent analysis might contradict your memories (or more likely , non memories. this incident, for obvious reasons, was not widely reported or discussed. "

this scholarxhip is summarized in a 2017 report in the naval institute proceedings,

here is what the article says, footnoted and referenced including formerly classified intel.

1. there was an attack 74 dead and over 100 wounded.
2. weather clear. good visibility. american flag on display (and if you have sailed or seen a ship equipped with a 60s style outboard system , her antenna farm could not be mistaken for any kind of cargo or fishing ship.
3. the incident was discussed at the national security council level and a decision was made to minimize public outrage. and
4. the mockingbird influenced media obliged.

why bring this up at all. 50 years ago and israel is our bestie friend, right? maybe that is correct, this is ancient history isn't it?

maybe, but when otherwise isolationists insist we must support every israeli settlement asd punative expedition on the basis of how great a friend and ally israel is, this incident should remind us of our actual real allies rather than, i'm sure good people, who are not above using a superpower to back their two bit plays in palestine. .

Horrible. Just horrible .

is it too late to put corrected information into our histories. are you guys too radicalixed to learn from the past?

it seems never too late to revisit voting rights or social security, but israel is more important than that?
I have no idea what you’re taking about, relegating The U.S. Liberty serves no useful purpose

A U.S. spy ship strayed into a war zone and was hit. Why does that come as a shock? Israel apologized. Lost in the mostly anti-Israel rhetoric is the fact that another U.S. spy ship, the Pueblo, was captured by North Korea and is still being held.

Who are these isolationists? Isolationism and non-interventionism are not the same thing.

Even if was intentional, which it wasn’t, it was 67 years ago. Time to move on.
It was intentional, it was covered up by LBJ ( who refused to send aid during the attack) and John McCain's father, and it represents the corrupt relationship between the US Congress and the State of Israel, and you can move on but that relationship hasn't. If anything it is worse today.

A U.S. spy ship strayed into a war zone and was hit. Why does that come as a shock? Israel apologized. Lost in the mostly anti-Israel rhetoric is the fact that another U.S. spy ship, the Pueblo, was captured by North Korea and is still being held.
the surviving crew of the pueblo was returned long ago. the ship is obsolete. if you really want it back, trump should ask his bestie to give it back.

israel has many supporters. only one man is flying around america claiming to be kim's buddy.

Forum List

Back