BAN AR-15 GUNS

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
A petition on Change.org, which came up with I Googled "ban the AR15" to, once again, prove one of our resident trolls a liar
Petition: Sign the Petition
Resident lying troll: 2023: The truth about mass shootings and the AR-15

Anyway, the petition includes all the usual talking points, mindlessly regurgitated by a useful idiot who understands none of what she says.
Typical, unremarkable, and just as common on this board.

Included in this petition is a statement similar found in all such prattle:
BAN THESE WEAPONS NOW!! Sign and tell congress: we do not want these weapons available to the public for any reason

To this, I always ask, but never receive a meaningful response:
Currently, Americans own >20,000,000 AR-15s
-How will banning the AR15 accomplish anything if those 20,000,000 AR15s remain in private hands?
-How do you plan to get rid of them?

I doubt my experience this time will be any different than all the others.

Last edited:
A petition on Change.org, which came up with I Googled "ban the AR15" to, once again, prove one of our resident trolls a liar
Petition: Sign the Petition
Resident lying troll: 2023: The truth about mass shootings and the AR-15

Anyway, the petition includes all the usual talking points, mindlessly regurgitated by a useful idiot who understands none of what she says.
Typical, unremarkable, and just as common on this board.

Included in this petition is a statement similar found in all such prattle:
BAN THESE WEAPONS NOW!! Sign and tell congress: we do not want these weapons available to the public for any reason

To this, I always ask, but never receive a meaningful response:
Currently, Americans own >20,000,000 AR-15s
-How will banning the AR15 accomplish anything if those 20,000,000 AR15s remain in private hands?
-How do you plan to get rid of them?

I doubt my experience this time will be any different than all the others.
If they ban them, and the courts allow that ban, then millions of law abiding citizens become criminal. Can you imagine the problem with that? Not enough jails to incarcerate them, but the FEAR of the force of government is to Nudge the law abiding citizen to give up their guns.

My response to that is...

thomas-jefferson-when-the-people-fear-the-government.jpg

If they ban them, and the courts allow that ban, then millions of law abiding citizens become criminal. Can you imagine the problem with that? Not enough jails to incarcerate them, but the FEAR of the force of government is to Nudge the law abiding citizen to give up their guns.

View attachment 895730
100K unarmed people showed up without setting a fire and the bed wetters believe it was a failed putsch. I recognize these are bed wetters we're talking about, the dumbest creatures with opposable thumbs. They know banning things doesn't work, they're finally ready to give up on the weed at least, but only because they want the people lethargic and checked out. Otherwise all they're going to do is create a black market for weapons and eventually the full autos come in because it's ALL illegal right?

Fuckin retards.

View attachment 895730
You have buy back programs and then amnesty hand in days over the decades. In between those, those in possession in normal every policing duties will then face confiscation, bans, fines, jail etc..

The stubborn will soon find out.

You have buy back programs and then amnesty hand in days over the decades. In between those, those in possession in normal every policing duties will then face confiscation, bans, fines, jail etc..

The stubborn will soon find out.
England found out the hard way of trying to confiscate property of people who didnt want to comply, and the Constitution was created so people could defend themselves from government foreign or domestic.

For every 1 g-man with a gun, there are 100 civilians with a gun.

View attachment 895730
The 1994 ban had a grandfather clause. Most ban legislature I have seen also has one. It basically bans new manufacture of the weapons. If you owned on the day of enactment you could keep or sell it.

The 1994 ban had a grandfather clause. Most ban legislature I have seen also has one. It basically bans new manufacture of the weapons. If you owned on the day of enactment you could keep or sell it.
Correct.
And thus, a ban on 'assault weapons' does not reduce their availability
This means the ban can have no effect on shootings, mass or otherwise.

Then it wasnt a ban.
Generally speaking they can ban the manufacture and sale of NEW items but anything in possession prior to enactment is grandfathered in. It is like the 1986 Act concerning machine guns/automatic weapons. The bill was enacted in May of 1986. Meaning from that date forward you could not purchase one made after that date. If you owned one already you keep it. Or later sell it to someone else. That's why today those weapons go for tens of thousands of dollars. There are only around 600,000 in circulation.

Generally speaking they can ban the manufacture and sale of NEW items but anything in possession prior to enactment is grandfathered in. It is like the 1986 Act concerning machine guns/automatic weapons. The bill was enacted in May of 1986. Meaning from that date forward you could not purchase one made after that date. If you owned one already you keep it. Or later sell it to someone else. That's why today those weapons go for tens of thousands of dollars. There are only around 600,000 in circulation.
It still isnt banned, as long as people own them.

Exactly. Only purchases of weapons manufactured after the enactment date. THere will still be 20 million of them out to own transfer, etc. And the price will go up.
And what is to stop the selling of just the parts of those weapons, you know when your antique AR-15 starts to break down, you need to buy replacement to keep it in proper working order, because you dont want to be shooting an unsafe gun?

And what is to stop the selling of just the parts of those weapons, you know when your antique AR-15 starts to break down, you need to buy replacement to keep it in proper working order, because you dont want to be shooting an unsafe gun?
Heh.
What's to stop someone taking a bolt action AR -- legal in 50 states - and swapping in a semi-auto upper?

Generally speaking, only the lowers are considered weapons and the sale of such is regulated. I am not an expert on this aspect but that tells me that the manufacture of the other parts could continue.

Generally speaking, only the lowers are considered weapons and the sale of such is regulated. I am not an expert on this aspect but that tells me that the manufacture of the other parts could continue.
But if the lower breaks down? And it isnt a weapon until the uppers are attached. So it isnt an AR-15.

Forum List

Back