I Keep Getting Redirected ...

I keep getting redirected to a page asking me to download a video player and also the quoted box for posting is still hesitating when you type.

Wtf is wrong with this site?

I'm getting the same thing. I have to click the back page arrow 3X to return to the page i was on. I'm using the latest version of FF BTW

cereal_killer said:
Hey folks Let me look into this issue! What browser? FF, Chrome, IE?
I see this happening on alot of sites I am on lately..... They are coming in with the rotating ads..... VERY HARD TO STOP THEM!! (Too bad there isnt an easier way to try and get revenue (Besides manual donations))

Last edited:
cereal_killer said:
I see this happening on alot of sites I am on lately..... They are coming in with the rotating ads..... VERY HARD TO STOP THEM!! (Too bad there isnt an easier way to try and get revenue (Besides manual,donations))

I've noticed that encroaching pattern on other sites, too.

I have been told by two reputable techs, it is very common with IE. ( I have the latest version ) They warned me to stay away. I use it as a backup browser, when FF, infrequently, doesn't let me go to any page here, after the first page I am on. Something won't let me access any other pages, and I switch to IE and no problem doing that even though other things are different here, with IE. Usernames are all in black and PM notices blinking with rapidity. Many ads. Very annoying. I switch back to FF and no more issues with clicking on any page after page one. :dunno:

These are the good old days? :eusa_doh:

I just created this reply to see whether it's still hesitating when I type. All problems seem to have gone away for now. Thanks, CK.

I use FF. Got the same redirect to a page where my only choices were to download the player or close the browser because even going back here would send you right back to the download site

I've noticed this issue happens on public library computers, too.

I see absolutely nothing like this at all (on Opera with AdBlock Plus).

I was about to suggest it's in your system Sarah - maybe not but my text box has been fine and still no ads.

Special thanks for Rat Inna Hat for yet another obnoxious image to use "block element" on. I love swatting internet flies.
fly-eater-smiley-emoticon.gif

I see absolutely nothing like this at all (on Opera with AdBlock Plus).

I was about to suggest it's in your system Sarah - maybe not but my text box has been fine and still no ads.

Special thanks for Rat Inna Hat for yet another obnoxious image to use "block element" on. I love swatting internet flies.
fly-eater-smiley-emoticon.gif

And I will say once again, it is not my system. My system works fine everywhere else.

Me too. Mozilla and IE.

It has always gone on. It's just getting worse. My anti-virus pretty much goes off the whole time I'm on this site.

I'm using IE. Took me 10 minutes to get here. Keeps trying to get me to download a flash player.

that's the worst thing about it. the site is designed to look like adobe, but it's not them. definitely not something you want on your computer.

also, i lingered on that site too long and the download began automatically. to the quarantine zone!

Not having any problems at all with Chrome and Adblocker. I switched over to another machine also with Chrome and Adblocker and that is also working fine.

Then I opened Chrome without Adblocker on a 3rd machine and I encountered the Redirects and slow loading times.

From that my assumption is that the OP is correct that something is trying to autoload and it is probably some kind of advertising flashplayer.

Adblocker prevents that happening but without Adblocker the performance of USMB is being impacted.

Can someone get a screencap when it happens. We're running Chrome in the office, no adblock and cannot replicate this. My laptop, same thing, no redirects. It's hard to pinpoint the issue when we can't duplicate it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can get a screen cap (with URL) and post it, that will be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

Forum List

Back