I Keep Getting Redirected ...

try using the adblock plus add-on and the noscript add-on in firefox...

usually that works best for me but i also had a complete freeze up earlier today...

I keep getting redirected to a page asking me to download a video player and also the quoted box for posting is still hesitating when you type.

Wtf is wrong with this site?

I had to go ahead and install adblock this morning to eliminate it.

Can someone get a screencap when it happens. We're running Chrome in the office, no adblock and cannot replicate this. My laptop, same thing, no redirects. It's hard to pinpoint the issue when we can't duplicate it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can get a screen cap (with URL) and post it, that will be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

see if i did this right

Attachments

• $USMB.png
    $USMB.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 84
Hey folks Let me look into this issue! What browser? FF, Chrome, IE?

Chrome. I Installed adblock and the issue went away. Basically when the page loaded it redirected to a web page with a logo from adobe and also downladed a setup.exe program to try to get me to run an install. I assumed it was a hack.

Can someone get a screencap when it happens. We're running Chrome in the office, no adblock and cannot replicate this. My laptop, same thing, no redirects. It's hard to pinpoint the issue when we can't duplicate it so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone can get a screen cap (with URL) and post it, that will be TREMENDOUSLY helpful.
[MENTION=11703]strollingbones[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=36767]Bloodrock44[/MENTION]

see if i did this right

excellent. A couple more from the others I mentioned would be great

Thanks sameech

I think it is a CIA conspiracy to force people to download adblock with its secret tracking software inside :eusa_clap:

The website i was redirected to is www.download-player.com

I took a screen capture. I need you to send me an email though so I can send it to an addy.

Here you go, C_K.

$USMB Redirect.PNG

attachment.php

I included the URL below but Norton issued a warning when I clicked on it. You probably just want to cut and paste it instead.

Last edited:
The site's loading okay for me, but I get battered by some sites called 'stream1.gifsoup.com' and 'gifo.something', tag teaming each other.I use Disconnect, and it consistently shows it's blocking 22 hits. When I leave the index page, I get some 12 hits blocked, and the gif. stuff stops, and everything pretty much stops when I log in.

Firefox, with 'do not want to be tracked' privacy setting, Disconnect, and AdBlock Plus, here. Hope this helps a little. I don't know what else to look for.

I don't have a plug-in for viewing Youtubes and the like, but I don't get popups wanting me to download, either.

Last edited:

see if i did this right

excellent. A couple more from the others I mentioned would be great

Thanks sameech

Yep I did the adblock thing for FF to stop it but when I disabled it for this site to get the cap, it started doing that redirect thing again for whatever that may be worth.

sorry i have no clue how to do screen shots..and it seems to have stopped now..i ran spy hunter but that didnt stop it...i

On windows you simply hit the "print screen" button which takes the snapshot, then open MS Paint and paste it and then save it to wherever you save stuff.

sorry i have no clue how to do screen shots..and it seems to have stopped now..i ran spy hunter but that didnt stop it...i

On windows you simply hit the "print screen" button which takes the snapshot, then open MS Paint and paste it and then save it to wherever you save stuff.

Thanks. I've been trying to learn how to do that. Easy peasy.

I keep getting redirected to a page asking me to download a video player and also the quoted box for posting is still hesitating when you type.

Wtf is wrong with this site?

I get the same thing, it started about three days ago and only on my Ipad

Except it is sites trying to sell me apps. No way to get back to the page I was on without logging out. Very frustrating

The hesitating thing when I type comes and goes

I stopped going to this site on my ipad because of that very same thing!

If you are using Windows 7 there is an Accessory called the Snipping Tool. (I have it pinned to my taskbar.) Just by clicking on that it allows you to draw a box around whatever you want on your screen and you can then save that as an image.

Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Snipping Tool

If you are using Windows 7 there is an Accessory called the Snipping Tool. (I have it pinned to my taskbar.) Just by clicking on that it allows you to draw a box around whatever you want on your screen and you can then save that as an image.

Menu --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Snipping Tool

I use this all the time, it works great. It is good for screenshots or avi's also.

Forum List

Back