Hard workers and those who live off their hard work.

What's really funny, are some people believing that the employee wages are a charity by the owner.

No.. it is a voluntarily negotiated contract

We've been there already. Everything you do, you do "voluntarily", including giving your wallet to an armed robber, or paying triple to a monopoly. It doesn't make it right, though.

That's just fucking stupid. Like, really fucking stupid.

vol·un·teer

Noun
A person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.

Verb
Freely offer to do something.

How, in any way shape or form can you compare this with being robbed? Are you mentally retarded?

Last edited:

We've been there already. Everything you do, you do "voluntarily", including giving your wallet to an armed robber, or paying triple to a monopoly. It doesn't make it right, though.

vol·un·teer

Noun

Verb

How, in any way shape or form can you compare his with being robbed? Are you mentally retarded?

I seriously think he is

vol·un·teer

Noun

Verb

How, in any way shape or form can you compare this with being robbed? Are you mentally retarded?

And how can you compare volunteering with working for money?

vol·un·teer

Noun

Verb

Where did he say that?

You could not be more wrong... that is probably the dumbest assertion I have ever heard

Coming from one of the dumbest persons I ever meet :)

Society is defined by how people interact. That is why it comes with arbitrary rules governing those interactions. They may permit an armed robbery, or they may prohibit it -- the rules can change from time to time and form one society to another.

And you can't say that any particular rule is absolutely right. If a robbery can be declared illegal, so can be getting rich by paying less to your employees.

vol·un·teer

Noun

Verb

Where did he say that?

Read the whole fucking thread -- I was replying to an assertion that those working for money do it "voluntarily".

You could not be more wrong... that is probably the dumbest assertion I have ever heard

Society is defined by how people interact. That is why it comes with arbitrary rules governing those interactions. They may permit an armed robbery, or they may prohibit it -- the rules can change from time to time and form one society to another.

And you can't say that any particular rule is absolutely right. If a robbery can be declared illegal, so can be getting rich by paying less to your employees.

1) You have never met me
2) Now trying to compare robbery with paying less to a less skilled worker in a job that anyone could do.... Your brilliance is dazzling
3) Your assertion that everything is voluntary is still one of the most ridiculous 'points' we have ever seen on this board...

I think the top of the SEARS tower is calling your name!

Where did he say that?

Read the whole fucking thread -- I was replying to an assertion that those working for money do it "voluntarily".

They do. No other is forcing him to work. Each employee agrees to the terms of the employment contract developed with the employer. That's a voluntary process (not duress).

Last edited:

Where did he say that?

proceeding from the will or from one's own choice or consent... which is the point that was being made... not saying that a paid position is the same as a volunteer or non-compensated position

God, you are fucking stupid....

1) You have never met me
2) Now trying to compare robbery with paying less to a less skilled worker in a job that anyone could do.... Your brilliance is dazzling
3) Your assertion that everything is voluntary is still one of the most ridiculous 'points' we have ever seen on this board...

All I can see here is that you cannot argue my point beyond repeating that it is wrong.

1) You have never met me

All I can see here is that you cannot argue my point beyond repeating that it is wrong.

You cant argue with stupid. How long would you try to convince someone that 2+2=4? Well, fromt he looks of it you might be on the other end.. :cuckoo:

1) You have never met me

Dont be mad you have been :9: the whole time.

1) You have never met me

I walk up to you on the side and hit you in the side of the head with a bat fracturing your skull.. glad you voluntarily allowed that to happen...

I hold your head under water and cause you to drown.. glad you voluntarily inhaled the water causing your death

You are one dumb ass motherfucker

not saying that a paid position is the same as a volunteer or non-compensated position

Then stop using the v word -- you are getting people confused and starting to quote dictionary definitions.

Working for money is no more volunteering that giving your wallet to a robber -- in other case you are simply choosing a more favorable -- to you -- outcome.

I hold your head under water and cause you to drown.. glad you voluntarily inhaled the water causing your death

Wrong -- if I hold your head under the water you don't have a choice but to drown. If I point a gun to your head and demand your wallet, you do have a choice. You may still refuse to give it to me.

And like I said, you are confusing choosing to do something with volunteering to do it. Those are not the same things.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back