California: Land of Zero Income Earners

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The eyes being opened of another victim of Democrats policies. This time concerning minimum wages. And you can bet hundreds of thousands in California got the same message.

“When making their way to work Monday morning, Navarro and her team learned upon arrival that the restaurant owner had made the decision to close its doors for good. The owner, Loren Wright, told local Fox affiliate KMPH that this was the “last thing” they wanted to do, but knew by Friday night the business likely wouldn’t be able to absorb the wage hike…

“And those who are still working in the areas around us that went up to $20 an hour, they got their hours severely cut.”

This comes as no surprise to anyone who understands basic economics: the real minimum wage is actually zero.

The eyes being opened of another victim of Democrats policies. This time concerning minimum wages. And you can bet hundreds of thousands in California got the same message.

“When making their way to work Monday morning, Navarro and her team learned upon arrival that the restaurant owner had made the decision to close its doors for good. The owner, Loren Wright, told local Fox affiliate KMPH that this was the “last thing” they wanted to do, but knew by Friday night the business likely wouldn’t be able to absorb the wage hike…

“And those who are still working in the areas around us that went up to $20 an hour, they got their hours severely cut.”

This comes as no surprise to anyone who understands basic economics: the real minimum wage is actually zero.
Fast Food workers often work less than 32 hours at a fast food joint. And fast food companies have help wanted ads up. So let me get this straight. These workers got their hours cut? But now they make more? If I were them, instead of working 32 hours at McD I'd work 16 hours at Taco Bell and 16 hours at McD and make $20 hr?

Sounds good to me.

Fast Food workers often work less than 32 hours at a fast food joint. And fast food companies have help wanted ads up. So let me get this straight. These workers got their hours cut? But now they make more? If I were them, instead of working 32 hours at McD I'd work 16 hours at Taco Bell and 16 hours at McD and make $20 hr?

Sounds good to me.

Just about all franchised owned are gutting employees and those who survived, work three times as hard.

Sounds good to me.
Typical Leftard economics wiz.

End of the week they still need to pay their bills which are now 30% higher thanks to Democrats.

Just about all franchised owned are gutting employees and those who survived, work three times as hard.

The ones working 3 times as hard need to organize into unions. I'm not buying that btw.

Here's the fact. The franchise owners only hire as many employees as they need to run their business. Don't give me that bullshit that if you let them pay less, they'll employ more people. PLEASE don't make that argument mr business owner. Pay the wage the government says is the minimum, or close up shop. Or raise your prices. Or make less profits. Figure out how to do business in California while also paying $20 hr. Or get out of the state.

Trust me, they won't go anywhere. And please don't pretend to care about the fast food worker working 3 times as hard.

You just reminded me of how shitty the workers are at these places. Because they aren't being paid shit. Lazy, slow, mistakes. Now you're crying they'll be worked harder? Yea, but for MORE MONEY!!! Go ahead, work em!!! You own them for 8 hours.

Expect to see lots of touchscreen ordering next year and onward to AI
1712276510061.png

Expect to see lots of touchscreen ordering next year and onward to AI
Expect that anyways. But the people you need to hire to work at your establishment, pay them AT LEAST $20 hr. In Cali that seems reasonable.

Yes I heard the McD owner crying about how she can't afford it. Yes she can.

The ones working 3 times as hard need to organize into unions. I'm not buying that btw.

Here's the fact. The franchise owners only hire as many employees as they need to run their business. Don't give me that bullshit that if you let them pay less, they'll employ more people. PLEASE don't make that argument mr business owner. Pay the wage the government says is the minimum, or close up shop. Or raise your prices. Or make less profits. Figure out how to do business in California while also paying $20 hr. Or get out of the state.

Trust me, they won't go anywhere. And please don't pretend to care about the fast food worker working 3 times as hard.

You just reminded me of how shitty the workers are at these places. Because they aren't being paid shit. Lazy, slow, mistakes. Now you're crying they'll be worked harder? Yea, but for MORE MONEY!!! Go ahead, work em!!! You own them for 8 hours.
Unions work so well!
Just look at Detroit.

Why stop at $20, right? Barbara Lee said the minimum wage should be $50.

Have you ever ran a business?

School lunch preparers are now scarce because the fast food employee making 20 dollars an hour is better than the food prep having to deal with snotty nose kids all day.

Expect that anyways. But the people you need to hire to work at your establishment, pay them AT LEAST $20 hr. In Cali that seems reasonable.

Yes I heard the McD owner crying about how she can't afford it. Yes she can.
Reasonable to who? Democrats hoping to collect more taxes from these workers you care about now that their paycheck is fatter?

Unions work so well!
Just look at Detroit.
To say that tells me you don't know the history of America, capitalism, NAFTA, breaking unions during a global recession, going to Mexico and China

YES idiot unions did very well for so many of us in Michigan. Our parents all got pensions. That's why we're going to inherit money when they die and your parents are going to have to move in with you when they stop working.

Since we started doing it your way, CEO pay went up 1322% and your pay in all those years 1978 to now only went up 18%.

Since union membership went from 35% of the workforce down to 5%, the American middle class has disappeared with it and the CEO's gave themselves raises, you dummy. And you gave them and their corporations tax breaks and soon your Social Security will be cut 25%, IDIOT!

Rothbard.jpg

commie free healthcare comrade.jpg

Reasonable to who? Democrats hoping to collect more taxes from these workers you care about now that their paycheck is fatter?
Fuck yea that's another plus!

Better than you. You want us workers to pay all the taxes. Corporations and Trump don't pay taxes. Your defense is they hire workers who pay taxes. What a dope you are.

Forum List

Back