Hard workers and those who live off their hard work.

Bullshit. Nothing stops them from trying -- but they can't all succeeded.

This system does not reward you just for being hard-working and willing to take the risk. You have to be lucky on top of that.

You have the freedom to fail that goes hand in hand with the freedom to succeed

The freedom to succeed does not mean the freedom to become rich at the expense of others.

Since when?

oh wait

Barney the Purple Dinosaur told you life was fair, didn't he?

You have the freedom to fail that goes hand in hand with the freedom to succeed

The freedom to succeed does not mean the freedom to become rich at the expense of others.

Since when?

oh wait

I don't think Barney ever said that. But he may well said that life is what we make of it.

And -- speaking of real dinosaurs -- you've heard who won the elections, haven't you? Well, get ready for more.

Since when?

oh wait

I don't think Barney ever said that. But he may well said that life is what we make of it.

And -- speaking of real dinosaurs -- you've heard who won the elections, haven't you? Well, get ready for more.

You are not the only one that wishes he was extinct!

Tell me about it. I have a friend from my teenage years living in TN who works 80 hr a week to keep his restaurant profitable. You know what he would say to an employee that accused him of being lazy, or insinuating they deserve a bigger cut of the profits?

You're fired.

I used to sell beer for a living. I used to go to all these mom and pop restaurants. Some would work 100 hours a week, essentially living there. And many were immigrants.

There was no suggestion Franchise owners and stock holders don't take risks.

There was no suggestion that Franchise owners don't work hard, some do, some don't.

The thread was in response to the constant comments and threads by callous conservatives that the poor and working poor are morally corrupt, lazy and seeking government aid. Some are and some do, but many work more than one PT job earning minimum wage with no benefits.

Blaming those who may have made poor choices, or had no choices to make is what makes many of those who posted above callous individuals; the irony being many of those claim to be Christians.

One measure of whether a thread is spot on is by the response of those who have differing opinions. When the response is to attack me personally and not respond critically to the theme is gratifying.

I wouldn't disparage the poor as being lazy just because they're poor. Nor would I say that about someone on government assistance. I treat the woman who picks up my trash with the same respect as I do the head of the organization. There is a problem, though, when people use government assistance to maintain a lifestyle, no matter how meager that lifestyle may be.

Forum List

Back