Fast Food Employee Starts Work Day Only to Find Out She's Out of a Job Thanks to New Law

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
Wow.

Gruesome Newsom's new $20 an hour minimum wage in CA is going just swimmingly.

After the most severe bout of "transitionary" inflation we've dealt with in 40 years, who knew that having to increase prices would put businesses out of commission?

When making their way to work Monday morning, Navarro and her team learned upon arrival that the restaurant owner had made the decision to close its doors for good. The owner, Loren Wright, told local Fox affiliate KMPH that this was the "last thing" they wanted to do, but knew by Friday night the business likely wouldn’t be able to absorb the wage hike and didn’t "want to ruin their Easter Sunday."

"It would have been nice to have a notice, so we could go get some applications [out], I could prepare them," she continued. "The best I can do is honestly give them some references."

Ya gotta hand it to Democrats.

They're either the most ignorant and haughty people under the Sun, or they're the most effective communists since the fall of Soviet Russia.

Last edited:
Well, business franchises with small numbers of employees, can't stay in business if the income from customers doesn't exceed what employees have to be paid. Considering how Californians keep voting for very blue candidates, I doubt they'll ever be smart enough to grasp why their woes are their own fault.

Well, business franchises with small numbers of employees, can't stay in business if the income from customers doesn't exceed what employees have to be paid. Considering how Californians keep voting for very blue candidates, I doubt they'll ever be smart enough to grasp why their woes are their own fault.
What makes you think Californians vote for Blue candidates? California hasn't had a fair election in decades.

All they have to do is close two more franchises and they no longer fall under this law.

Newsome exempted Panera from the increase by excluding “establishments that bake their own bread.”

The founder of Panera is a bigtime donor.

I don't know what the facts are. It would take a little more reading but............................

On February 28, Bloomberg reported that bakery chain Panera would be exempt from California’s AB1228, a law that raises the minimum wage for fast-food workers from $16 to $20 starting April 1. But now it looks like that may not be the case. On February 29, a spokesperson for Gov. Gavin Newsom told the Los Angeles Times that Panera would not be exempt from the law. The spokesperson also denied a claim in the Bloomberg piece, which cited sources “close to the matter,” that Newsom pushed for an exemption that applies to businesses that bake bread and sell it as a standalone item — calling the report “absurd.”

I don't know what the facts are. It would take a little more reading but............................

On February 28, Bloomberg reported that bakery chain Panera would be exempt from California’s AB1228, a law that raises the minimum wage for fast-food workers from $16 to $20 starting April 1. But now it looks like that may not be the case. On February 29, a spokesperson for Gov. Gavin Newsom told the Los Angeles Times that Panera would not be exempt from the law. The spokesperson also denied a claim in the Bloomberg piece, which cited sources “close to the matter,” that Newsom pushed for an exemption that applies to businesses that bake bread and sell it as a standalone item — calling the report “absurd.”

Looks as if they couldn’t get away with it, so they backed out. Now they are denying it was ever even proposed.

^^^^^

The above video is an example of a lying asshole who makes claims that small businesses are "closing their doors" over this $20 an hour law, but he omits that "you must have at least 60 franchises nationwide" to be affected by this law, which shows what a lying asshole Beck is, because if this bill did cause a business to close its doors, it is not putting that company out of business, and that location was proabably already floundering. And why would you close your doors to a law that just began? Payroll hasn't printed out the first checks yet.

He preys on the uneducated.

Forum List

Back