Half Of Married Women Have A Back-up Husband In Mind.

Lost of women do more than have a backup husband in mind. Lots of married women actually cheat. I was shocked when I found out that so many women cheated. Shook my faith in the concept of getting married.

Lost of women do more than have a backup husband in mind. Lots of married women actually cheat. I was shocked when I found out that so many women cheated. Shook my faith in the concept of getting married.
The cheating behavior is moderated by their hormonal cycle. They choose manlier man when they are more fertile than other times of their cycle.

Reading this thread certainly explains why many woman would want a back up husband. What a bunch of whiny men :lol:

Funny. Women complain a lot about men who won't commit but once men get married it seems like it's women who have a problem staying committed - over 70% of divorces are initiated by women and now we find out that 50% already have a back-up husband in mind. Yowza!

According to a recent Mail survey of 1000 married ladies, half of all women have a backup husband in mind should their current one break during use. Or, you know, should the marriage not work out for whatever reason.

Some truly prepared wives may even have more than one backup in mind just in case. The survey also shows that a wife’s spousal-understudy is most likely to be either an ex or an old friend who has always had unrequited feelings for her. The most likely backup husband was a man the woman had known “for around seven years who will be ‘ready and waiting’ because of ‘unfinished business.’” Even more telling, around one in ten women said their backup was a man who had already “confessed his undying love,” while one in five women were confident the backup guy would “drop everything for her if she asked him too.”

Being prepared is one thing, but one in four women also reported having feelings for their backup man “as strong as they do for their other half.” That’s perhaps a step beyond prepared.

While living with a few necessary safeguards in place is always advisable, the concept of having a backup spouse in mind in case things don’t work out undermines your present relationship in more ways then one. The energy you spend keeping one eye on your plan b or obsessing over “what if” end of relationship scenarios is much better spent focusing on making your marriage work and keeping communication open and consistent. (The same goes for any guys with “backup wives,” too.) The concept of preparing for an imagined worst case takes you as far out of the present as possible. Living with a backup spouse in mind is like boarding a vacation cruise wearing a life jacket for the duration of the trip. It’s excessive behavior that grimly reminds you and those around you that there is a chance things may not go well.​
I never did. :)
I think most young guys realize this.

Guys will break it off and THEN look for a new one but they know that most women will cheat a little while before the breakup as a sort of transition into the new relationship.

It's just they way we're configured.

Men like the Hunt.
Women want the Security.

mm no...guys will have one in mind before the split. Guys can't handle life alone. Women can and do. And never did I have another in mind when I split. Never. In fact it was the last thing I wanted...another one. ( but they did come along ) :dunno:

Got it backward. Guys who are older handle being alone much more easily and more comfortably emotionally. Women on the other hand seem to need the companionship more.

Funny. Women complain a lot about men who won't commit but once men get married it seems like it's women who have a problem staying committed - over 70% of divorces are initiated by women and now we find out that 50% already have a back-up husband in mind. Yowza!

According to a recent Mail survey of 1000 married ladies, half of all women have a backup husband in mind should their current one break during use. Or, you know, should the marriage not work out for whatever reason.

Some truly prepared wives may even have more than one backup in mind just in case. The survey also shows that a wife’s spousal-understudy is most likely to be either an ex or an old friend who has always had unrequited feelings for her. The most likely backup husband was a man the woman had known “for around seven years who will be ‘ready and waiting’ because of ‘unfinished business.’” Even more telling, around one in ten women said their backup was a man who had already “confessed his undying love,” while one in five women were confident the backup guy would “drop everything for her if she asked him too.”

Being prepared is one thing, but one in four women also reported having feelings for their backup man “as strong as they do for their other half.” That’s perhaps a step beyond prepared.

While living with a few necessary safeguards in place is always advisable, the concept of having a backup spouse in mind in case things don’t work out undermines your present relationship in more ways then one. The energy you spend keeping one eye on your plan b or obsessing over “what if” end of relationship scenarios is much better spent focusing on making your marriage work and keeping communication open and consistent. (The same goes for any guys with “backup wives,” too.) The concept of preparing for an imagined worst case takes you as far out of the present as possible. Living with a backup spouse in mind is like boarding a vacation cruise wearing a life jacket for the duration of the trip. It’s excessive behavior that grimly reminds you and those around you that there is a chance things may not go well.​

I used to go clubbing with a slightly older couple. She loved to dance but he wasn't a dancer, and I was. So, he'd sit out the dancing and I was always eager to substitute.

She used to always say out loud even with him present, that if anything ever happened to him she wanted me to be her next husband.

:)

I hope he is still around and I hope they are both happy together.

Its been more than 20 years now.

Forum List

Back