Couple In Harrisburg, Pa Charged With Homicide In Son's Death

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Harrisburg couple charged with homicide in son s death - abc27 WHTM

The complaint alleges their son, Jarrod Tutko Jr., weighed just 16.9 pounds at the time of his death and had fecal matter caked on his feet and fingers.

The complaint also alleges a history of neglect dating back to when the boy was 9 months old.

Dauphin County Coroner Graham Hetrick ruled the child's death a homicide earlier this month after an autopsy showed he died of starvation, dehydration and malnutrition at the family's home at 2119 Green Street.

Authorities said another child in the home, a 10-year-old girl, was hours from death the night they were called to the home.

Mr. Tutko previously was charged with endangering the welfare of children, abuse of a corpse and concealing the death of a child.

Investigators said he told them he found his son dead in the boy's third-floor bedroom on July 29, but hadn't checked on him since the evening of July 27.

He said he didn't tell his wife their son had died until August 1, when she smelled the decomposing body, because he didn't know what to say to her.

Police said the boy's bedroom had no bed, no working light, a thick coating of feces smeared on the walls and floor and a pile of dried feces behind a television bolted to a stand, the only furniture in the room.

:(

They make you get a license to catch a fish. You need a license to have a dog.....But they'll let any piece of shit dumb fuck procreate.

They had been investigated twice before for the treatment of their children. New Jersey dropped the investigation only because they had moved to Pennsylvania. This is a huge failure on the part of CPS.

They make you get a license to catch a fish. You need a license to have a dog.....But they'll let any piece of shit dumb fuck procreate.

They had been investigated twice before for the treatment of their children. New Jersey dropped the investigation only because they had moved to Pennsylvania. This is a huge failure on the part of CPS.

CPS is so damn overloaded and underfunded and under-manned and OMFG,

How is it possible to do this to another human being, one's own child, any child, any person?

Why not drive them to the fire dept or the church or the fucking shopping center and drive away? The kids would have been better off.

After I typed the above, I remembered a horrendous case in the Tucson area years ago. Two starving kids, locked in a room in a trailer. The older one used a wood screw to cut a hole in the wall, made his way to the Tucson Mall where he asked a man who later turned out to be an attorney for help. The man took the boy back home where the escaped child was beaten to death by the angry father. The younger one, a girl, was saved but hard to imagine what her life is like after being raised like that.

Move child abuse from N.J. to Pa.? Pa authorities refused to investigate Dr. Kermit Gosnell's abortion horror house even though state law required it. Maybe there is an underground pattern of child abuse in Pa.

After I typed the above, I remembered a horrendous case in the Tucson area years ago. Two starving kids, locked in a room in a trailer. The older one used a wood screw to cut a hole in the wall, made his way to the Tucson Mall where he asked a man who later turned out to be an attorney for help. The man took the boy back home where the escaped child was beaten to death by the angry father. The younger one, a girl, was saved but hard to imagine what her life is like after being raised like that.

I wish I had been that man who was asked for help, I'd have beaten that father to death. People who abuse kids are the sickest of the sick.

This is a terrible story. I hope the state throws the whole library at these monsters.

This is a terrible story. I hope the state throws the whole library at these monsters.

This has been a big story in my area recently. It has been met with a lot of outrage. I don't think this couple will ever see the outside of a prison again.

This has been a big story in my area recently. It has been met with a lot of outrage. I don't think this couple will ever see the outside of a prison again.

And inside the walls they will feel the wrath their deeds have wrought. They are at the bottom of a barrel of slime. they'll get their due, in spades.

It was also on the news in Pittsburgh. I don't think these two monsters will leave jail and nor should they as well.

Court records detail changing stories provided by Jarrod Tutko Jr. s mother PennLive.com

One of the parts of this article I found interesting, but sad:

The court documents also noted that Jarrod was first taken away from the couple as a 9-month-old baby in New Jersey after a home health nurse reported that he was losing weight.

He spent one week in a hospital and gained one pound. He was eventually returned to his parents, who had since relocated to Harrisburg.

Child advocates can't help but wonder if the experience factored into the family's decision to avoid in-home medical help in Harrisburg. PennLive readers have wondered if the family avoided extra medical help because it would dig into the more than $38,000 annually the family collected in disability payments and food stamps.

They were receiving more than $38,000 annually in government benefits, but their children were dying of starvation.

It was also on the news in Pittsburgh. I don't think these two monsters will leave jail and nor should they as well.

I used to live in Pittsburgh as well. Is it still a heroin infested shit hole? :tongue:

Forum List

Back