Free market principles demand that the way to impr. education is to pay teachers more

Strangely enought, American teachers, an occupation that is held in such low esteem in their own country, are a valued commodity in virtually every other corner in the world.

The difference is that outside of the US, parents value education and place demands on their children - in America, its the parents who demand the teachers do the parenting, but would rather complain than place any demands on themselves!

:eusa_hand:

So, um.....

:eusa_eh:

Why don't American Teachers go to "virually every other corner of the world" to work?:eusa_whistle:

And..um, why are people immigrating from virtually every corner of the world into the USA and enrolling their kids to be taught by American Teachers?:eusa_whistle:

Um...Free?

As a "VALUED COMMODITY," I'd guess not.

Maybe jgarden meant "value" as in they get a free chicken every week.:confused:

And..um, why are people immigrating from virtually every corner of the world into the USA and enrolling their kids to be taught by American Teachers?:eusa_whistle:

Free lunches and food stamps of course.

so is your avatar of a guy who just cut off his own arm?:lol:

lol. Pretty much. It represents Texas willingness to sacrifice anything to win their freedom. It was designed during the Texas Revolution and is the flag of Goliad, TX.

I believe that someone said "I'd cut off my right arm to wind independence." That's not an exact quote, but something similar to what someone was believed to have said.

Ironically the Texans surrendured at Goliad.

:(

Yes unfortunately. They were surrounded and outnumbered. I think the Mexicans hd 900 troops and the Texians had around 350. They were then massacred...I think one or two guys escaped into the woods, but 99% of them were slaughtered unarmed.

I big part of this was due to the incompetence of Colonel Fannin...who was just an appointed Colonel by the men, and not a military strategist.

The problem with our Public Education System is NOT that some of the teachers are not up to par. Or that more money is needed to fund the existing Public Education System.

The problem is that the Black Ghetto, and Mexican Illegal Immigrant kids are COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL.....AND HAVE BEEN ALL THESE YEARS !!!

The Catholic schools do light years better with fewer funds and more students per class.....WHY ????

ANSWER: The Catholic Schools have the RESPECT and therefore the CONTROL of their students. The fucked-up parents can't afford to pay the higher price, and the time and effort necessary to control their fucked up children.

IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT !!!!!

IT HAS ALWAYS....I say ALWAYS.......HAS BEEN AS SIMPLE AS THAT !!!

lol. Pretty much. It represents Texas willingness to sacrifice anything to win their freedom. It was designed during the Texas Revolution and is the flag of Goliad, TX.

I believe that someone said "I'd cut off my right arm to wind independence." That's not an exact quote, but something similar to what someone was believed to have said.

Ironically the Texans surrendured at Goliad.

Yes unfortunately. They were surrounded and outnumbered. I think the Mexicans hd 900 troops and the Texians had around 350. They were then massacred...I think one or two guys escaped into the woods, but 99% of them were slaughtered unarmed.

I big part of this was due to the incompetence of Colonel Fannin...who was just an appointed Colonel by the men, and not a military strategist.

On the bright side, it inspired No Quarter at the Battle of San Jacinto.

ironically the texans surrendured at goliad.

yes unfortunately. They were surrounded and outnumbered. I think the mexicans hd 900 troops and the texians had around 350. They were then massacred...i think one or two guys escaped into the woods, but 99% of them were slaughtered unarmed.

I big part of this was due to the incompetence of colonel fannin...who was just an appointed colonel by the men, and not a military strategist.

on the bright side, it inspired no quarter at the battle of san jacinto.

yay!

The problem with our Public Education System is NOT that some of the teachers are not up to par. Or that more money is needed to fund the existing Public Education System.

The problem is that the Black Ghetto, and Mexican Illegal Immigrant kids are COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTROL.....AND HAVE BEEN ALL THESE YEARS !!!

The Catholic schools do light years better with fewer funds and more students per class.....WHY ????

ANSWER: The Catholic Schools have the RESPECT and therefore the CONTROL of their students. The fucked-up parents can't afford to pay the higher price, and the time and effort necessary to control their fucked up children.

What is a nun's takehome pay, on average?

Strangely enought, American teachers, an occupation that is held in such low esteem in their own country, are a valued commodity in virtually every other corner in the world.

The difference is that outside of the US, parents value education and place demands on their children - in America, its the parents who demand the teachers do the parenting, but would rather complain than place any demands on themselves!

:eusa_hand:

So, um.....

:eusa_eh:

Why don't American Teachers go to "virually every other corner of the world" to work?:eusa_whistle:

Fact is, high turnover is one of the big problems with the teaching profession.

I understand God pays pretty good.

vatican-bank.jpg

I understand God pays pretty good.

vatican-bank.jpg

I think Jesus would be rolling over in his grave to see that, if he were in his grave.

ANSWER: The Catholic Schools have the RESPECT and therefore the CONTROL of their students. ]

Yeah, I imagine the ongoing threat of a private visit from Father Johnson keeps alot of young Catholic boys on the straight and narrow.

Uhm... you do know that very few Nuns or Fathers actually teach @ Catholic schools? I went to a Catholic HS., Archbishop Rummel... not one Nun or priest teaching in the whole place.

You need to break out of your tiny, stereotypical world.

Last edited:
Paying teachers more is not going to be the answer. Not treated teachers like dog shit is the answer. I would have enjoyed more pay as a teacher, but I don't think you could have paid me enough to stay in the profession, considering we were all treated terribly and blamed for parents' inablity to properly teach their kids manners, respect, and to value education.

ANSWER: The Catholic Schools have the RESPECT and therefore the CONTROL of their students. ]

Yeah, I imagine the ongoing threat of a private visit from Father Johnson keeps alot of young Catholic boys on the straight and narrow.

Hey, I said Catholic Schools are great in comparison with Public schools.

As far as the fucking pederast priests are concerned the Catholic Church is blatantly turning on their blind eye in spite of the Catholic PR, and Popey Dopey's bullshit.

Forum List

Back