Democrats Want To Choose Our Next GOP Candidate: Mitch Daniels

Doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is, they won't be going to the WH. The teaparty candidate will split the vote again so I say run him or whoever.

Fatass Rush attempts to use this reverse psychology every election, it always fails.

Democrats don't care who you run, if you all had a chance of winning, someone good like Christie, Rubio or Jeb would jump in.

Doesn't matter who the GOP candidate is, they won't be going to the WH. The teaparty candidate will split the vote again so I say run him or whoever.

Fatass Rush attempts to use this reverse psychology every election, it always fails.

Democrats don't care who you run, if you all had a chance of winning, someone good like Christie, Rubio or Jeb would jump in.

Right... which is why they keep starting threads like the poll on the top page

Come on Rightwingers......don't let the Librul Lamestream media pick your candidate

Tell us who you like

Oh yea..I forgot.....you got nobody

Right... which is why they keep starting threads like the poll on the top page

Wat?

This is the guy that seems to be the media favorite to be the next loser to run against Obama.

daniels-mitch.jpg

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels

The Dems are trying desperately to rig the election by making sure the field is to their liking.

They need a short white guy with a comb-over that won't put up a fight....like John McCain. I keep hearing similar rumblings about Daniels as was heard about McCain in the lead up to the 08' election. He's acceptable they say. Phfffft. WARNING!!!

Donald Trump is too spunky. Besides, he was never a serious candidate. But if he was he would be an antagonist and they can't have that. They can't have anyone up there that makes sense ether. They need someone with a milk-toast personality and blotchy skin.

capt.9d320dcd71304c06a215583d014fe08b-9d320dcd71304c06a215583d014fe08b-0.jpg

A guy that looks like shit compared to the skinny, but taller Barack Obama. They want a guy that isn't really conservative so you can't really tell much difference between the two. Mitch Daniels says his chance of beating Obama are quite good.

Excuse me??? I don't want someone who likes his chances. I want someone that wants to crush the lying prick. Not someone that thinks he can beat Obama. That is why Mitch Daniels is tailor-made for the Democrats.

Forget about Mitt Romney, or anyone who looks good in a suit. Forget about anyone who'll iron out Obama's twisted rational and use it against him. So forget about Harold Cain, Newt Gingrich, or Rick Pawlenty. They want somebody that the very sight of him turns off half of the voters. Voters that won't even listen to him because he'll be too old and wrinkly.

I swear to God, this is one of the reasons 20 year olds didn't vote for McCain. Because he's all wrinkly. Eeww!!!"

So Mitch Daniels is their choice. They need him, because most of the field of GOP candidates make too much sense or looks too impressive to allow them to get through the primaries. Unless they can find some guy in a wheel chair, or has the palsy, this is their man.

You are Shocked that the Dems, and their Pals in the Left Wing Media want to try and anoint the GOP candidate again. How do you think we ended up with McCain.

You know the Left Wing Media is lying about it when they say Daniels would have the Best Shot at Beating Obama. That is pure Horse shit. If they Thought Daniels had the best shot to Beat Obama, they would not be trying to anoint him to run against Obama. They want Obama to win. They think Daniels is another Wishy Washy Rino like McCain, and they are right. I just Hope Republicans are smart enough not to allow the Fucking opposition to control the narrative and push their Candidate into the Nomination.

I'm not shocked at all.

They used Bob Dole against Clinton and McCain against Obama. If we had fielded anyone decent Obama wouldn't be socializing health care as we speak.

Other than McCain...who did you have in 2008?

Romney?

This is the guy that seems to be the media favorite to be the next loser to run against Obama.

daniels-mitch.jpg

The Dems are trying desperately to rig the election by making sure the field is to their liking.

They need a short white guy with a comb-over that won't put up a fight....like John McCain. I keep hearing similar rumblings about Daniels as was heard about McCain in the lead up to the 08' election. He's acceptable they say. Phfffft. WARNING!!!

Donald Trump is too spunky. Besides, he was never a serious candidate. But if he was he would be an antagonist and they can't have that. They can't have anyone up there that makes sense ether. They need someone with a milk-toast personality and blotchy skin.

A guy that looks like shit compared to the skinny, but taller Barack Obama. They want a guy that isn't really conservative so you can't really tell much difference between the two.

Mitch Daniels says his chances of beating Obama are quite good. :rolleyes:
"I think the chances would actually be quite good," Daniels said, speaking to reporters after giving public service awards to state employees. "The quality and the number of people who have said they'd like to be associated is really quite awesome to me."

Daniels' comments came a week after he said he wasn't ready to debate Obama on foreign policy. They also appeared to break with a public image he's crafted of a reluctant and self-deprecating politician.

Excuse me??? I don't want someone who likes his chances. I want someone that wants to crush the lying prick. Not someone that thinks he can beat Obama. That is why Mitch Daniels is tailor-made for the Democrats.

Forget about Mitt Romney, or anyone who looks good in a suit. Forget about anyone who'll iron out Obama's twisted rational and use it against him. So forget about Harold Cain, Newt Gingrich, or Rick Pawlenty. They want somebody that the very sight of him turns off half of the voters. Voters that won't even listen to
him because he'll be too old and wrinkly.

I swear to God, this is one of the reasons 20 year olds didn't vote for McCain. Because he's all wrinkly. Eeww!!!"

So Mitch Daniels is their choice. They need him, because most of the field of GOP candidates make too much sense or looks too impressive to allow them to get through the primaries. Unless they can find some guy in a wheel chair, or has the palsy, this is their man.

Mitch Daniels first act as governor was to decertify the public service unions; most recently he defunded Planned Parenthood. Once in office he put the budget into the black from red ink, reformed the states public employees insurance program to greatly reduce it's cost, took a perennial revenue loser, the Indiana Toll Road and leased it to an international consortium, got $3b up front and used that to leverage federal money to upgrade the states internal infrastructure focused around transportation to further develop Indiana as an intermodal transportation hub. There's much much more but all said and done he has been very good for the state. He's a top drawer chief executive. Maybe the media is killing him with kindness.

Sadly though, a proven record of getting big things done and thinking outside the box is not going to be enough against this super cynical con man Obama with the MSM in his back pocket.
I favor Herman Cain teamed up with someone like Romney. Foreign affairs will be much lower on the American people's A list come 2012

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Last edited:

The media would just make up a bunch of shit about them too.

I'm sure they all wiped their butts the wrong way on time or another, and that's all the media needs to help Obama get another term.

If Obama fucks up the media refuses to cover it. If he does something right, they make it look like a miracle worker.

The media would just make up a bunch of shit about them too.

I'm sure they all wiped their butts the wrong way on time or another, and that's all the media needs to help Obama get another term.

If Obama fucks up the media refuses to cover it. If he does something right, they make it look like a miracle worker.

Oh wahhh. That's politics, kid. :rolleyes:

Romney is a strong candidate. You can underestimate him all you want. But he has incredible experience cutting waste and budgets both in the Public and Private sector. Heck, he made his fortune doing exactly that.

He also gave us one of the best Olympics in recent history. One that actually pulled a profit. I notice Obama didn't have as much success with providing us with an Olympics. Doesn't matter much, but it is a contrast.

This is likely going to be a race on economics. and seriously, you don't want to underestimate someone with that kind of experience.

It's why I think Romney, Cain, and Ron Paul might actually have the best shot. Their economic and business success is pretty well documented.

Trump has business experience and experience escaping bankrupcy, which might ironically be useful in the next few years, his character flaws, his trade policies, other issues seriously weaken him.

Christie won't run. He's actually a politician I believe when He says that.

I don't think Huckabee will run, but he is a social conservative and liberal on just about everything else. The party wont back. Not with his baggage.

Palin and Bachmann might be in, but i think they also have baggage. I think they'd probably cut into Huckabees numbers if he gets in. And honestly, I haven't seen any real evidence of experience into what our nation really needs right now.

Gingrich is kind of a wild card to me. I'm pretty sure he will jump in. Just don't know what issues he will be going after. Foreign policy? Domestic? Cultural? He has baggage as well.

Don't know much about Johnson. Havent heard alot about him. Not sure if he is going to get alot of name buzz.

I don't think Karger, Martin, or McMillan AKA "The Rent is too damn high guy" are going to get that much attention. I doubt they will be at the debates. Karger is an extreme liberal. Martin is a birther, and i think he has a record. McMillan... i wouldnt mind seeing him in a debate just for the entertainment factor but i dont think its going to matter much unless the rent gets much higher.

Ray Moore... dont know anything about him other than he is the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama.

Pawlenty - he might surprise people. I don't know.

Santorum - like him but he is a social and a hawk more than an economic buster. and like i said this race will be economics.

Roemer - dont know much about other than former Gov of LA

Daniels - dont know if he will get his wifes support may not get in. Haven't seen much on him yet.

I hear Jon Huntsman might get in. Not familiar with his background at this point

Like I said, this race will be about the economy. If you have Romney, Cain or Paul at the top, you might see an interesting race

daniels-mitch.jpg

A guy that looks like shit compared to the skinny, but taller Barack Obama. They want a guy that isn't really conservative so you can't really tell much difference between the two.

Mitch Daniels says his chances of beating Obama are quite good. :rolleyes:
"I think the chances would actually be quite good," Daniels said, speaking to reporters after giving public service awards to state employees. "The quality and the number of people who have said they'd like to be associated is really quite awesome to me."

Daniels' comments came a week after he said he wasn't ready to debate Obama on foreign policy. They also appeared to break with a public image he's crafted of a reluctant and self-deprecating politician.

Forget about Mitt Romney, or anyone who looks good in a suit. Forget about anyone who'll iron out Obama's twisted rational and use it against him. So forget about Harold Cain, Newt Gingrich, or Rick Pawlenty. They want somebody that the very sight of him turns off half of the voters. Voters that won't even listen to him because he'll be too old and wrinkly.

Most of the Republican field doesn't look particularly good. That's why Daniels does.

Romney has the most street cred on the economy, which will be the most important issue, and will appeal most of all the candidates thus far to the moderates. But I don't know if he can get through the primaries.

By ELISABETH BUMILLER

Published: December 31, 2002

The administration's top budget official estimated today that the cost of a war with Iraq could be in the range of $50 billion to $60 billion, a figure that is well below earlier estimates from White House officials.

For the answer to who this 'top budget official' was...

...click here...

Romney is a strong candidate. You can underestimate him all you want. But he has incredible experience cutting waste and budgets both in the Public and Private sector. Heck, he made his fortune doing exactly that.

He also gave us one of the best Olympics in recent history. One that actually pulled a profit. I notice Obama didn't have as much success with providing us with an Olympics. Doesn't matter much, but it is a contrast.

This is likely going to be a race on economics. and seriously, you don't want to underestimate someone with that kind of experience.

It's why I think Romney, Cain, and Ron Paul might actually have the best shot. Their economic and business success is pretty well documented.

Trump has business experience and experience escaping bankrupcy, which might ironically be useful in the next few years, his character flaws, his trade policies, other issues seriously weaken him.

Christie won't run. He's actually a politician I believe when He says that.

I don't think Huckabee will run, but he is a social conservative and liberal on just about everything else. The party wont back. Not with his baggage.

Palin and Bachmann might be in, but i think they also have baggage. I think they'd probably cut into Huckabees numbers if he gets in. And honestly, I haven't seen any real evidence of experience into what our nation really needs right now.

Gingrich is kind of a wild card to me. I'm pretty sure he will jump in. Just don't know what issues he will be going after. Foreign policy? Domestic? Cultural? He has baggage as well.

Don't know much about Johnson. Havent heard alot about him. Not sure if he is going to get alot of name buzz.

I don't think Karger, Martin, or McMillan AKA "The Rent is too damn high guy" are going to get that much attention. I doubt they will be at the debates. Karger is an extreme liberal. Martin is a birther, and i think he has a record. McMillan... i wouldnt mind seeing him in a debate just for the entertainment factor but i dont think its going to matter much unless the rent gets much higher.

Ray Moore... dont know anything about him other than he is the former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama.

Pawlenty - he might surprise people. I don't know.

Santorum - like him but he is a social and a hawk more than an economic buster. and like i said this race will be economics.

Roemer - dont know much about other than former Gov of LA

Daniels - dont know if he will get his wifes support may not get in. Haven't seen much on him yet.

I hear Jon Huntsman might get in. Not familiar with his background at this point

Like I said, this race will be about the economy. If you have Romney, Cain or Paul at the top, you might see an interesting race

The one problem with Romney is that this election will be about jobs. Romney as head of Bain made much of his money firing people. A sharp and ruthless bunch, ie Republicans, would find a way to exploit this weak spot. But the Democrats really aren't that.

Obama is vulnerable. Don't assume that Obama is a shoe in. He is very far from that.

Forum List

Back