Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Someone else

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
I'm beginning to think the guy to watch is Huckabee. He's been a governor, he's from the South, he would appeal to the base, he's congenial and has a good sense of humour. On the negative side, he doesn't have much credibility on the economy and has said some things that could turn off moderates. Too early to say, but he is most interesting to me.

After all the crazies burn themselves out....

Romney will be the last man standing

I'm beginning to think the guy to watch is Huckabee. He's been a governor, he's from the South, he would appeal to the base, he's congenial and has a good sense of humour. On the negative side, he doesn't have much credibility on the economy and has said some things that could turn off moderates. Too early to say, but he is most interesting to me.

That's not a bad choice, but I would like to see what he says about economics and if he is capable of selecting the best and the brightest for advisory positions. I'm still holding out for Christie and am impressed with Herman Cain, but it is early.

Republicans really want to elect "Rev. Phelps", but they know it might be difficult to prove he's a "citizen".

After all the crazies burn themselves out....

Romney will be the last man standing

the "base" won't let them pick romney.

The base isn't a monolithic group. With Romney's name recognition from the last primary and much of the base being divided with large numbers of candidates, it's not inconcievable that he wins.

Personally, I have no clue who will win. I don't have a man in the race yet. I was a Romney supporter before. But I do like what I'm hearing from Cain and even Ron Paul has grown on me alittle. I think Ill wait till the campaign starts find out everyone who is actually in and then gather more info.

no way, they will hang the religious right thing around his neck, rightly so or not, they already tried that last tome out....

christie will change his mind and run.....*shrugs*, its worth a flyer...:lol:

no way, they will hang the religious right thing around his neck, rightly so or not, they already tried that last tome out....

you don't think it's correct to "hang the religious right thing around his neck".

it's accurate. why wouldn't they say it. he's said that he thinks religious tenets should be enacted into law.

you don't think it's correct to "hang the religious right thing around his neck".

it's accurate. why wouldn't they say it. he's said that he thinks religious tenets should be enacted into law.

The man is a snake oil salesman. I honestly dont think he will run.

honest? i think he's very happy making lots of money. i really don't think he'll want to give that up to run for president.

and not that i don't agree with you, but i'm curious as to why you think he's a snake oil salesman.

I have not researched huckabee in detail, I am aware of what went down last time, via negative ads etc. the floating cross(?), which I found laughable etc....thats why I employed the phrase "rightly so or not".

Huckabee is a very interesting fellow. He's basically a Democrat who switched to the GOP because of one issue: abortion. He's from Hope, Arkansas. He's also tough on crime. Here's a great example:

As governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee aggressively pushed for the early release of a convicted rapist despite being warned by numerous women that the convict had sexually assaulted them or their family members, and would likely strike again. The convict went on to rape and murder at least one other woman.

Documents Expose Huckabee's Role In Serial Rapist's Release

He's also a Baptist Minister. :thup:

honest? i think he's very happy making lots of money. i really don't think he'll want to give that up to run for president.

and not that i don't agree with you, but i'm curious as to why you think he's a snake oil salesman.

I'll take a hack at that; he remiinds me of Clinton, and its more than just the geography...;)

I paid close attention to the Iowa campaign in 2008. His "Im not going to run this negative ad because I'm morally superior to my opponents, but ill show it to you so youll run it for free in the news" was pretty sleezy. Not to mention his insults to his contenders and then acting like he was purely innocent and meant no harm. His constant denial that he raised taxes in his state despite his record. I just thought it was some pretty slimy politicking. Yet the media ate it up.

Then staying in to play the spoiler because he thought he could play kingmaker at the convention not expecting Romney to do some quick calculations and get out early.

I also dont like him pretending to be conservative why advocating plans to micromanage what we eat.

He quickly went to the bottom of my list that season.

It is still a long way off, so someone could come out of nowhere, but it seems to me that the presumptuous front-runner, Romney, will have a hard time getting through the primaries. Correct or not?

I paid close attention to the Iowa campaign in 2008. His "Im not going to run this negative ad because I'm morally superior to my opponents, but ill show it to you so youll run it for free in the news" was pretty sleezy. Not to mention his insults to his contenders and then acting like he was purely innocent and meant no harm. His constant denial that he raised taxes in his state despite his record. I just thought it was some pretty slimy politicking. Yet the media ate it up.

Then staying in to play the spoiler because he thought he could play kingmaker at the convention not expecting Romney to do some quick calculations and get out early.

I also dont like him pretending to be conservative why advocating plans to micromanage what we eat.

fair enough. and a reasonable assessment of huckabee, i think. his "i'm a nice boy" routine gets old fast for exactly the reasons you say.

Maybe that was just a reaction to once being so overweight.

huckxmas.jpg

It is still a long way off, so someone could come out of nowhere, but it seems to me that the presumptuous front-runner, Romney, will have a hard time getting through the primaries. Correct or not?

Romney will be eternally stuck in the starting block.

I lost what few shreds of respect that I had for him when he sandbagged Romney.

He's exactly the kind of wormy little weasel that the GOP needs to divest itself of, if they ever want to shake their well-earned image of being Democrat Lite®.

Forum List

Back