Conservative record on Civil Rights?

Interesting that David Duke now claims he's not a racist, just a white activist.

Interesting that you should bring up David Duke in this context and know what he is up to.

Why not? You want to know how many liberals championed "white people's rights". What the fuck does that mean? I support just about every civil right that we've won, and the majority of that goes to white people. I'm left to conclude that you agree with David Duke's new mantra of white rights, which is pretty idiotic when you think about it.

What do "white people's rights" mean? I have no idea. It probably means lots of things to lots of different people. Like the New haven firefighters, for example. I'm sure their ideas and David Duke's are 180 degrees opposite.
But I have no idea what your post means. It is like a word salad or liberal phrases and innuendos.

Interesting that David Duke now claims he's not a racist, just a white activist.

Kinda like all the black racists, that are just black activists.

Funny how that works eh.

Yeah, anti-racism is racism is the new mantra of the right. Funny how that works. Thank God we're not all dumbed down by that Orwellian horseshit.

Oh is that what hating Whites, and calling them all Racists is? Anti-Racism?

LOL

Interesting that you should bring up David Duke in this context and know what he is up to.

Why not? You want to know how many liberals championed "white people's rights". What the fuck does that mean? I support just about every civil right that we've won, and the majority of that goes to white people. I'm left to conclude that you agree with David Duke's new mantra of white rights, which is pretty idiotic when you think about it.

What do "white people's rights" mean? I have no idea. It probably means lots of things to lots of different people. Like the New haven firefighters, for example. I'm sure their ideas and David Duke's are 180 degrees opposite.
But I have no idea what your post means. It is like a word salad or liberal phrases and innuendos.

If you have no idea, why did you demand that liberals show which liberals support it? Sounds a lot like David Duke's white activism to me.

Kinda like all the black racists, that are just black activists.

Funny how that works eh.

Yeah, anti-racism is racism is the new mantra of the right. Funny how that works. Thank God we're not all dumbed down by that Orwellian horseshit.

LOL

Anti Racism is hating whites? That makes no sense. Go connect the dots, and turn off your AM radio.

LOL

Anti Racism is hating whites? That makes no sense. Go connect the dots, and turn off your AM radio.

You are the one who said it.

I said it was nothing different from Black racists who call themselves activists, and your response was to claim basically that there are not Black racists, just anti-racists.

lol

LOL

You are the one who said it.

I said it was nothing different from Black racists who call themselves activists, and your response was to claim basically that there are not Black racists, just anti-racists.

lol

So you don't believe that blacks are a historically oppressed demographic? That's certainly part of the new Southern revisionism.

Which Conservatives have ever advocated, marched, protested for, legislated, or championed any expansion of civil rights?

Women's rights?

Gay rights?

Latino rights?

Ever hear of Charlton Heston, president of the NRA and civil rights marcher?

879-poitier-belafonte-heston.jpg

Senator Dirkson, the conservative responsible for breaking the Democrat filibuster of the Civil Rights Act.

Which Conservatives have ever advocated, marched, protested for, legislated, or championed any expansion of civil rights? Martin Luther King. His Daughter was at 8/28. Me

Women's rights? It was a GOP controlled Congress that passed womens voting rights.

Gay rights? Ron and Rand Paul

Latino rights? How is this different than civil rights?

filler to post
The GOP and Conservatives had very little to do with one another back in the early 1960s.

Want to bet on that one? You shouldn't get your history lessons from rdean.

Rights don't belong to certain groups. They belong to all Americans.

When are you guys going to realize that and stop dividing people along such irrelevant social distinctions?

If you have no idea, why did you demand that liberals show which liberals support it? Sounds a lot like David Duke's white activism to me.

Treating everyone equally sounds like David Duke to you?
Are you off your meds?

Which Conservatives have ever advocated, marched, protested for, legislated, or championed any expansion of civil rights?

Women's rights?

Gay rights?

Latino rights?

Heston was a liberal when he did that.

Charlton Heston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Heston campaigned for Presidential candidate Adlai Stevenson in 1956 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.[22] Reportedly, when an Oklahoma movie theater premiering his movie El Cid was segregated, he joined a picket line outside in 1961.[23] Heston makes no reference to this in his autobiography, but describes traveling to Oklahoma City to picket segregated restaurants, much to the chagrin of Allied Artists, the producers of El Cid.[24] During the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom held in Washington, D.C. in 1963, he accompanied Martin Luther King Jr. In later speeches, Heston said he helped the civil rights cause "long before Hollywood found it fashionable."[25]

Following the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963, Heston and actors Gregory Peck, Kirk Douglas and James Stewart issued a statement calling for support of President Johnson's Gun Control Act of 1968.[26][27] He opposed the Vietnam War and in 1969 was approached by the Democratic Party to run for the U.S. Senate. He agonized over the decision and ultimately determined he could never give up acting.[28] He is reported to have voted for Richard Nixon in 1972, though Nixon is unmentioned in his autobiography.[29]

By the 1980s, Heston opposed affirmative action, supported gun rights and changed his political affiliation from Democratic to Republican. When asked why he changed political alliances, Heston replied "I didn't change. The Democratic party changed." [30] He campaigned for Republicans and Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan,[31] George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.[32]​

Women's rights?

Gay rights?

Latino rights?

Heston was a liberal when he did that.

Charlton Heston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Heston campaigned for Presidential candidate Adlai Stevenson in 1956 and John F. Kennedy in 1960.[22] Reportedly, when an Oklahoma movie theater premiering his movie El Cid was segregated, he joined a picket line outside in 1961.[23] Heston makes no reference to this in his autobiography, but describes traveling to Oklahoma City to picket segregated restaurants, much to the chagrin of Allied Artists, the producers of El Cid.[24] During the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom held in Washington, D.C. in 1963, he accompanied Martin Luther King Jr. In later speeches, Heston said he helped the civil rights cause "long before Hollywood found it fashionable."[25]

Following the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963, Heston and actors Gregory Peck, Kirk Douglas and James Stewart issued a statement calling for support of President Johnson's Gun Control Act of 1968.[26][27] He opposed the Vietnam War and in 1969 was approached by the Democratic Party to run for the U.S. Senate. He agonized over the decision and ultimately determined he could never give up acting.[28] He is reported to have voted for Richard Nixon in 1972, though Nixon is unmentioned in his autobiography.[29]

By the 1980s, Heston opposed affirmative action, supported gun rights and changed his political affiliation from Democratic to Republican. When asked why he changed political alliances, Heston replied "I didn't change. The Democratic party changed." [30] He campaigned for Republicans and Republican Presidents Ronald Reagan,[31] George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.[32]​

Obviously, because no conservative could do that.

I wonder why he went insane and joined the NRA.

filler to post
The GOP and Conservatives had very little to do with one another back in the early 1960s.

Want to bet on that one? You shouldn't get your history lessons from rdean.
Do you want us to believe that Liberals comprised the opposition to civil rights? That George Wallace, Lester Maddox and Sheriff Bull Connor were card carrying members of the ACLU?

That Phyllis Schlafly was the only genuine feminist? That Conservatives of every stripe are leading Gay Rights parades?

Conservatives have never supported any expansion, acquisition or guarantee of civil rights.

Women's rights?

Gay rights?

Latino rights?

John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, Dwight Eisenhower, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh
If John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were truly interested in civil rights, they would have enshrined Women's Suffrage in the Constitution. Washington, Jefferson would have freed their slaves.

Palin and Limbaugh? Really? What's their position on same sex marriage?

And Eisenhower, while he sent troops to Little Rock, failed to enact any real civil rights reforms. He did warn of the growing influence of the military industrial complex. How's that square witrh Conservative dogma?

Which Conservatives have ever advocated, marched, protested for, legislated, or championed any expansion of civil rights? Martin Luther King. His Daughter was at 8/28. Me

Women's rights? It was a GOP controlled Congress that passed womens voting rights.

Gay rights? Ron and Rand Paul

Latino rights? How is this different than civil rights?

filler to post

There is little resemblance between todays liberals and the liberals of the 1960s. Just sayin.

Rights don't belong to certain groups. They belong to all Americans.

When are you guys going to realize that and stop dividing people along such irrelevant social distinctions?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

The reason that the lefties have to constantly lie and spin the 'equality' issue is that they need the minority votes. It is something that a lot of minorities find offensive.... at least, that's what minorities that I know tell me. That the lefties insist on treating minorities as 'pet projects' is insulting. It is conservatives who view them as equal.

Women's rights?

Gay rights?

Latino rights?

John Adams, Ben Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Jesus Christ, Mahatma Gandhi, Dwight Eisenhower, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh
Don't try to take Gandhi as a Conservative either. Gandhi listed seve sins. Here they are:

Wealth without Work
Pleasure without Conscience
Science without Humanity
Knowledge without Character
Politics without Principle
Commerce without Morality
Worship without Sacrifice

How on earth can you be a Conservative and live by these? Wealth without work? Commerce without morality? The very idea flies in the face of what Conservatives claim to be "freedoms"!

Chalk this one up to our dismal & failing Public School System. Most Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act. Most Democrats voted against it. Man it really is a crap-shoot sending your child into a Public School these days. Who knows what the Liberal loons are filling their heads with? More like Russian Roulette i think.

Forum List

Back