The Notorious “catch and kill" campaign: Turning the National Enquirer into an arm of Trump's 2016 presidential campaign

You have no idea what you're talking about. AMI didn't buy anything from Stormy Daniels. And it was not legal. Cohen got convicted for paying off Daniels and Pecker took an immunity deal to avoid prosecution.

And the reason Trump did it was because of the election. It's why he's on trial now.
You really need to review the court docs. AMI entered into the agreement with Daniels, not Cohen.

Cohen's payment was to AMI. Cohen's plea deal was for an excessive campaign contribution- e.g paying AMI to suppress the story.

I am still waiting on your answer to the relevance of Florida law to this case...

Wrong. AMI purchased the exclusive rights to Daniel's story. That was the NDA. The parties were AMI and Daniels.

Cohen then purchased those rights from AMI through an LLC called "Essential Consultants", and received compensation from Trump.

No, they didn't. Cohen, not AMI, paid Daniels. AMI is not mentioned in Daniels' NDA in any capacity.

Here's her complaint with the NDA attached.

Nothing whatsoever regarding AMI. AMI did not pay any money to Stormy Daniels and Cohen didn't pay any money to AMI in regards to Daniels.

The NDA wasn't illegal. The payment was. It was an illegal campaign contribution.
Okay, I found more detail in a pretrial decision.

The NDA with Daniels was between Cohen and Keith Davidson, who was representing Daniels. AMI was not a party to that one, I stand corrected.

AMI entered into the NDA's with McDougal and the doorman, and was threatened with prosecution for violating NY election law over those agreements. That is why Pecker made the immunity agreement with Bragg's office.

You really need to review the court docs. AMI entered into the agreement with Daniels, not Cohen.

Cohen's payment was to AMI. Cohen's plea deal was for an excessive campaign contribution- e.g paying AMI to suppress the story.

I am still waiting on your answer to the relevance of Florida law to this case...

Post a link....

The relevance is that was where the crime involving Pecker occurred.

...Nothing whatsoever regarding AMI. AMI did not pay any money to Stormy Daniels and Cohen didn't pay any money to AMI in regards to Daniels.
AMI was who told Cohen about Daniels, and made the connection between Cohen and Daniel's lawyer. That was the source of my confusion.

"Shortly after the Access Hollywood tape became public, the AMI Editor-in-Chief contacted the AMI CEO about another woman (“Woman 2”) who alleged she had a sexual encounter with the Defendant while he was married. The AMI CEO told the AMI Editor-in-Chief to notify Lawyer A. 18. On or about October 10, 2016, the AMI Editor-in-Chief connected Lawyer A with Woman 2’s lawyer (“Lawyer B”). Lawyer A then negotiated a deal with Lawyer B to secure Woman 2’s silence and prevent disclosure of the damaging information in the final weeks before the presidential election. Under the deal that Lawyer B negotiated, Woman 2 would be paid $130,000 for the rights to her account."

Attachments

• donald-trump-ny-indictment-statement-of-facts.pdf
    183.1 KB · Views: 0
Trump’s trial reminds me of the final episode of Seinfeld. We’re in a court room with a defendant that’s always thought he was a great person, having to sit there and listen to people say he’s a bad, bad man. :nono:

Trump’s trial reminds me of the final episode of Seinfeld. We’re in a court room with a defendant that’s always thought he was a great person, having to sit there and listen to people say he’s a bad, bad man. :nono:
5340fea659a4a7a75f3ece2f0cc42d0d.gif

AMI was in New York, McDougal was in California. Where does Florida come in?

Sorry, my mistake. AMI was based in Boca Raton, Florida. I knew that because I worked pretty close to them when they were attacked with Anthrax. I was unaware until just now when I looked it up that they moved to NYC in 2014.

And clearly Judge Merchan is already sick of his and his lawyer's shit. I am curious how he will respond.

The only fair solution to this that I can see is to lock him up for contempt of court for the remainder of the trial and take away his phone. Honestly, I think that's what he wants so he can be a martyr for his base; so he's pushing the judge to do it.

Forum List

Back