Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it, it's just as easy to tell people how much you hate them and their posts.....just start a thread, like this one. There is no need for the rep system when you can do it in a thread and everyone can see what you posted.

When we had the rep system, I never negged people except when they negged me, I negged them back. And when I first came here, I was told I was stupid to neg back those that had more rep than me, but I figured it was more stupid to just let those bullies continue to neg me when I could neg them back. They kept bragging about how I should do the math....in other words, they were taking so many more points from me than I could take away from them....but really, if they were to do the math themselves, taking 1 or 2 points away from them is better than taking 0 points. So, it wasn't so much about the nice pms that you could send with a rep, it was more about the points, to those bullies, anyway. And I never got a nice note with a neg.....it was always an insult and name-calling. I can still send a pm with this system if I want to, or I can just reply and tell them how much I appreciate their post. Not a biggie, if you ask me.

Oh, and about those that negged me.....well, as soon as I passed them up in points, they quit their negging.... coincidence? Hardly.

That's why some folks would rep new people and others that would be negged mercilessly by Warrior and others for simply having a different opinion. Just to help offset that so that they wouldn't be run off the site. Yes, it did happen. So some would help them build their rep because these bullies would always stop if you got close to them in rep and if you surpassed them, they'd start kissing your ass.

No way its far better than it was before.see I never had problems with posters like you disagreeing with posts of mine because you could do it in a mature adult way.YOU didnt engage in name calling like that childish troll strolling bones did.since they wont ban trolls like him,then it needs to stay the way it is.

Once again, if people abused the rep system then take the rep system away from the abusers and leave it for the rest of us.

Because rep comments were private

Nope, rep comments were not private. Only responses to rep comments were private.

The thing I miss the most about reps and comments ... Is the ability to get to know people outside of their political stance.

When someone of a particular political persuasion (or no descernible persuasion) posted something good ... You could quickly add a note to a positive rep. It bettered your chance to step outside of the normal grind and trade a few ideas with someone you wouldn't necessarily send a PM to.

I wouldn't know Pogo likes cashews if it hadn't been for the rep system.

Absolutely. That's why they should bring it back.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

You and Stat came up with a way to punish some posters .... and you call others childish? You whine about being neg repped to the mods .. and you have the nerve to call others whiners? "Take away your collective power"? WHAT POWER??? Rep is meaningless, REMEMBER?? What childish assholes you both are. You think you figured a way to pull one over on those you claim abused the rep system? You moron, you screwed it for everyone, you ruined it for those of us (the majority, BOTH SIDES) who used the rep system as it should be used. In your plan to punish those 'abuser' posters, did it ever, ever occur to you that disabling the abusers ability to use the rep feature would do the trick? You just had to ruin it for the rest of us? Wow, just wow. Now we all know that Jake and Stat are responsible for the pussification of this place.

If rep is meaningless, why do you want it back? You can PM anyone you want and tell them how much you loved their post, if that's what you miss. Your idea that is has been ruined seems to me that rep wasn't really meaningless to you.

Go back and read BlackSand's posts on why. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

The way I see it, it's just as easy to tell people how much you hate them and their posts.....just start a thread, like this one. There is no need for the rep system when you can do it in a thread and everyone can see what you posted.

When we had the rep system, I never negged people except when they negged me, I negged them back. And when I first came here, I was told I was stupid to neg back those that had more rep than me, but I figured it was more stupid to just let those bullies continue to neg me when I could neg them back. They kept bragging about how I should do the math....in other words, they were taking so many more points from me than I could take away from them....but really, if they were to do the math themselves, taking 1 or 2 points away from them is better than taking 0 points. So, it wasn't so much about the nice pms that you could send with a rep, it was more about the points, to those bullies, anyway. And I never got a nice note with a neg.....it was always an insult and name-calling. I can still send a pm with this system if I want to, or I can just reply and tell them how much I appreciate their post. Not a biggie, if you ask me.

Oh, and about those that negged me.....well, as soon as I passed them up in points, they quit their negging.... coincidence? Hardly.

You actually negged people ... Even if it was for negging you ... LOL?

Yeah, sure.....you probably didn't have to put up with that kind of nuisance being that you were on the same side they were.

That's why some folks would rep new people and others that would be negged mercilessly by Warrior and others for simply having a different opinion. Just to help offset that so that they wouldn't be run off the site. Yes, it did happen. So some would help them build their rep because these bullies would always stop if you got close to them in rep and if you surpassed them, they'd start kissing your ass.

I saw how some new people were ganged upon. Those who came in and were obviously conservative didn't have to put up with that crap because the left didn't play those kind of games - so they have no idea what it was like and probably don't understand why there was retaliation.

Yurt afraid that he has been found out. Yes, Yurt, you associate with racists daily.

View attachment 34078

and you have proof of this...........right?

Yep, every time you associate with them on the Board.

Just they way it is, Leslie . . . I mean Yurt.

and yet you still have no proof. you can't even cite a single time i "associate" with racists. good lord, you're a laughing stock.

only leftwingers rep your posts jake. even a friend of yours today only repped you because he or she left out the stuff about me jake. you are a liar. even your lefty friends know it.

give it up jake.

I saw how some new people were ganged upon. Those who came in and were obviously conservative didn't have to put up with that crap because the left didn't play those kind of games - so they have no idea what it was like and probably don't understand why there was retaliation.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "the right" was the only one picking on people.

It happened to me when I first got here but I wasn't ganged up on, just negged for having a different opinion. I stuck it out and when my rep got high enough, they quit. Kind of sad really. Why not just debate the position instead of being a coward and neg repping? Meh, that I don't think needs to come back except for the entertainment value with all the whining. POS rep and comments/PM's I do miss somewhat but it isn't the end of the world to comment on someone's profile or send a convo either.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

You and Stat came up with a way to punish some posters .... and you call others childish? You whine about being neg repped to the mods .. and you have the nerve to call others whiners? "Take away your collective power"? WHAT POWER??? Rep is meaningless, REMEMBER?? What childish assholes you both are. You think you figured a way to pull one over on those you claim abused the rep system? You moron, you screwed it for everyone, you ruined it for those of us (the majority, BOTH SIDES) who used the rep system as it should be used. In your plan to punish those 'abuser' posters, did it ever, ever occur to you that disabling the abusers ability to use the rep feature would do the trick? You just had to ruin it for the rest of us? Wow, just wow. Now we all know that Jake and Stat are responsible for the pussification of this place.

If rep is meaningless, why do you want it back? You can PM anyone you want and tell them how much you loved their post, if that's what you miss. Your idea that is has been ruined seems to me that rep wasn't really meaningless to you.

Go back and read BlackSand's posts on why. If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Yeah, I read her bs about how you can get to your neighbor by walking across the lawn or driving around the block.....really....who in the hell would drive around the block to go see their next door neighbor? The point is for you and BlackSand, it's not that more difficult to go to "Conversations" ....you just have to hover your mouse over your username at the top right, click on conversations and start a conversation with whomever you want.....you don't have to drive around the block. It's really not any more difficult than hitting the rep button and typing a "limited" comment.

I miss that system because I could specify why I liked a posters comment.

I rarely negged but I could be very hard core when I did and would tell a poster in no uncertain terms why.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that "the right" was the only one picking on people.

Sure you do......even though you claim you're not partisan......but I never saw a "rightie" being ganged upon with neg rep to the point they had "splats". If there was, tell me who, I'll be waiting.

It happened to me when I first got here but I wasn't ganged up on, just negged for having a different opinion. I stuck it out and when my rep got high enough, they quit. Kind of sad really. Why not just debate the position instead of being a coward and neg repping? Meh, that I don't think needs to come back except for the entertainment value with all the whining. POS rep and comments/PM's I do miss somewhat but it isn't the end of the world to comment on someone's profile or send a convo either.

They even had a thread so they could post the comments from those negging them back.....and would make fun of them. That's where they would post their "do the math" crap....until they started getting hit back from people who had more rep points....then they weren't so brazen.

I rarely negged but I could be very hard core when I did and would tell a poster in no uncertain terms why.

And, why can't you do it in a reply? Or a private message?

I remember very well when Mertex joined. She was slapped with red negs in her damn introduction thread. I was like WTF? So I started xapping her with pos rep..and others joined in. I can't count the times a newb would join just to be negged OUT.

And, why can't you do it in a reply? Or a private message?
From years of experience on message boards...trying to talk to someone one on one to get over disagreements is not possible what with the buttinskys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back